Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
brushdaily
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Wanted: One Mystery Movie ticket. Just found out I'll be in Austin for work on Thursday. I know they sold out in seconds but maybe someone (god forbid) caught the stomach flu.
JustinIshmael
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Everyone that attends will have an opportunity to buy one.
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:44 pm

JustinIshmael wrote:Everyone that attends will have an opportunity to buy one.
Nice. Not that it effects me unless standby gets in...
So will the theater not be full or are you using one of the smaller ones?
User avatar
holycow
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:51 pm

charter wrote:You know what this thread needs to get everyone back in here...some JP talk. 8)
Image

fuel for the jp fire :p
User avatar
CrustaR
Art Expert
Posts: 4173
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:54 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
JustinIshmael wrote:Everyone that attends will have an opportunity to buy one.
Nice. Not that it effects me unless standby gets in...
So will the theater not be full or are you using one of the smaller ones?
It's the smaller one that holds 100 seats.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:56 pm

CrustaR wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:
JustinIshmael wrote:Everyone that attends will have an opportunity to buy one.
Nice. Not that it effects me unless standby gets in...
So will the theater not be full or are you using one of the smaller ones?
It's the smaller one that holds 100 seats.
Gotcha. Couldn't remember how many seats the smallest had.
User avatar
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: Chicago

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Masta Monk, how was your trip?? You went to Hawaii to see the filming location of JP right??
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Even if I never have the chance to see one in person, I am anxious to find out what the poster will be.
User avatar
SaintNoir
Art Expert
Posts: 3375
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:11 pm

dylansdad wrote:Even if I never have the chance to see one in person, I am anxious to find out what the poster will be.
Not me. As I will probably never have a chance myself (and it will probably rock), I just want to stick my head in the sand and go "la la la la la." :lol:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:12 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
dylansdad wrote:Even if I never have the chance to see one in person, I am anxious to find out what the poster will be.
Not me. As I will probably never have a chance myself (and it will probably rock), I just want to stick my head in the sand and go "la la la la la." :lol:
I am just hoping it will hit normal levels of awesome. Supreme levels of awesome should be shared with the whole gang.
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:20 pm

With how fast the tickets sold out, I can 100% guarantee you'll have the chance to own these even if you won't attend the screening. You might even get a chance on the same night as the screening!

....you'll just have to pay for it on eBay. :(
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:22 pm

And so the glass is half full.

:pint:
User avatar
SaintNoir
Art Expert
Posts: 3375
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:24 pm

dylansdad wrote:And so the glass is half full.

:pint:
But the wallet is half empty...
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
User avatar
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 15402
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ithaca, NY

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:29 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
dylansdad wrote:And so the glass is half full.

:pint:
But the wallet is half empty...
Optimistic, aren't you??? :twisted:
Tra la la la la...
User avatar
adamsmasher
Art Expert
Posts: 2360
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:44 pm
Contact:

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Yamar wrote:
SaintNoir wrote:
dylansdad wrote:And so the glass is half full.

:pint:
But the wallet is half empty...
Optimistic, aren't you??? :twisted:
half empty IS optimistic!
Locked