Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
retter
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 pm

rmoore wrote:All this hoopla around Stout's Kill Bill, I can't even imagine the insanity a Stout Pulp Fiction will generate. The world is not prepared for the amount of butthurt that will come from that.
shift some of the really big ones to timed releases. it's still somewhat limited, everyone gets a shot, and their value still goes up as more fans are gained. maybe just have the variants as regular drops.
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 pm

virtualmert wrote:
ironjaiden wrote: So much in the works I actually put in my two week notice at my day job yesterday as a matter of fact. Scared to death but very excited :)
dude that rules, grats.
:clap:
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:13 pm

You would get 100+ pages here and the Mondo facebook would become one of the greatest wah-fests ever due to all the butthurt caused by a Stout Pulp Fiction
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:13 pm

rmoore wrote:All this hoopla around Stout's Kill Bill, I can't even imagine the insanity a Stout Pulp Fiction will generate. The world is not prepared for the amount of butthurt that will come from that.
If poster collectors could figure out a way to harness butt hurt and turn it into useable energy it'd allow for the boundaries of science and technology to be pushed like never before

Kzelk4
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Congrats to all who scored on the drop today. Pretty choked I missed out on it due to practicum, but there is always another drop in the future. Can't wait till I am done practicum and actually have a job, that way I can just take a sick day on drops like this. Here's hoping I score one of Tyler's copies.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:17 pm

rmoore wrote: Uh-oh. It may be too late. From mondo's facebook page:

Walter Wade-But if you're looking to trade prints, http://www.expressobeans.com is the place to go. Create an account for yourself and check out what's for sale. You can usually find stuff for way cheaper than you would on eBay. For instance, last year I managed to snag Stout's Inglorious Basterds for 150.00. Considering how much they usually go for, that's pretty damn good.

The first rule of EB is you don't talk about EB! :wink:
Last edited by charter on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:18 pm

gonzo303 wrote: So wait are you moving still? Or just gonna start screening more? Either way congrats!!! Now when are we meeting up? :)
Yeah still moving. Putting the house up for sale in a couple months then we'll see what happens.
fudge man it's Tuesday isn't it?! I have no brain man. You home? I gotta eat some dinner but after that I'm chillin.

And just to avoid derailing mondothread into the drymounting trees I'll ask... wouldn't it be cool if Mondo hooked up with Criterion to do a series of limited posters and DVD cases? I know Alamo and Criterion are on great terms with each other. Oh the possibilities there.
SimpJee
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Time limited, no thanks. F5 like mad, and be a bit patient on the load screens (like don't start over .. it is working chill), and you'll have your poster. +a gift card
cactusphunk
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:21 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
And just to avoid derailing mondothread into the drymounting trees I'll ask... wouldn't it be cool if Mondo hooked up with Criterion to do a series of limited posters and DVD cases? I know Alamo and Criterion are on great terms with each other. Oh the possibilities there.
This would be my wet dream
"Youre talking a lot, but youre not saying anything"
Diesmos
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:22 pm

If poster collectors could figure out a way to harness butt hurt and turn it into useable energy it'd allow for the boundaries of science and technology to be pushed like never before

Image[/quote]

Like a dyson sphere...surrounding FB users instead of stars... :shock:
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 pm

ironjaiden wrote: And just to avoid derailing mondothread into the drymounting trees I'll ask... wouldn't it be cool if Mondo hooked up with Criterion to do a series of limited posters and DVD cases? I know Alamo and Criterion are on great terms with each other. Oh the possibilities there.
Olly could probably do something with Seven Samurai that would just.... :drool:
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 pm

ironjaiden wrote:wouldn't it be cool if Mondo hooked up with ironjaiden to do a series of limited posters? Oh the possibilities there.
fixed
trarex
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 pm

charter wrote:
rmoore wrote: Uh-oh. It may be too late. From mondo's facebook page:

Walter Wade-But if you're looking to trade prints, http://www.expressobeans.com is the place to go. Create an account for yourself and check out what's for sale. You can usually find stuff for way cheaper than you would on eBay. For instance, last year I managed to snag Stout's Inglorious Basterds for 150.00. Considering how much they usually go for, that's pretty damn good.

The first rule of EB is you don't talk about EB! :wink:

Who is this Walter Wade ? :evil:
Someone out the the fool.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 pm

mr_rugby wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:wouldn't it be cool if Mondo hooked up with ironjaiden to do a series of limited posters? Oh the possibilities there.
fixed
Haha one of these days when I figure out what I'm doing maybe :P
pewter14
EB Team

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 pm

A few notes as I wait to head out and see British Sea Power.

Jaiden, whoa, congrats on the liberation, looking forward to more work from you soon.

Kind of stoked expressobeans got a plug, take pride in you community people ... it is what you make of it.

Finally ... Escape From New York would indeed be sweet and it is Tyler's dream poster .... but myyyyy dream poster from him is Flash Gordon ... eyes on the prize people.

Again Nick Derington's 2009 Escape from NY print is pretty slick ... what it lacks in overwhelming detail, it makes up for in a sweet fade .... (hmmmm, then again, a 30th anniversary Rolling Road show at Liberty Island with a stout print sounds pretty amazing, don't it?)
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines