Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:31 pm

cargoflipper wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Steamboat-Willie-To ... 706wt_1141

How did this guy get 5?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
He doesn't have 6 friends
jason-bry
Flipper

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm

phubar2 wrote: It's worked well for me thus far. I'm batting .1000 on Mondo so far.
I do not think it means what you think it means.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 pm

selassielion wrote:There should be a Mondo 'The Way Things Work' sticky. Every new series brings new people that propose 'new' ways to fix things that ain't broke cause they miss a drop.

The Star Wars noobs came in, failed on a drop, bitched & moaned..suggested a 'novel' method of cart reservations...got informed about the way things work in Mondo-land, put on their big boy pants and honed their trigger fingers and later left with a sizable stash of prints. Enter the Disney noobs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
phubar2
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:58 pm

jason-bry wrote:
phubar2 wrote: It's worked well for me thus far. I'm batting .1000 on Mondo so far.

Tell me what it means then wise knowledgeable one....

Some of you are entirely way too serious. Relax.
camaroz06
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:05 pm

phubar2 wrote:
jason-bry wrote:

I'm pretty sure he knows it means he is basically 1 for 10 (or 100 for 1000, but Mondo hasn't release that many yet)....I hope...
Last edited by camaroz06 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vortec42
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:09 pm

phubar2 wrote:
jason-bry wrote:

Statistically speaking, it means you're only scoring 1 out of 10 drops. But you know what they say about statistics. 98% of all statistics are made up.
camaroz06
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:15 pm

selassielion wrote:There should be a Mondo 'The Way Things Work' sticky. Every new series brings new people that propose 'new' ways to fix things that ain't broke cause they miss a drop.
Isnt there already a way things at Mondo works post on their blog, just link to that as a sticky. People just bitch to bitch because they somehow feel cheated...cant really figure that one out though. I work in HR so I know how Mondo feels, sometimes you just gotta :pint: *12 after work on a Friday.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:18 pm

dylansdad wrote:There will never be enough to go around. With a reservation system, instead of people complaining that they carted it and it sold out during checkout, they would be complaining that they could never add it to the cart in the first place. We would trade one kind of complaint for another, many fans would be just as empty handed, but the flippers who got there first would have a guaranteed shot at completing multiple checkouts because the stack of ten posters were all reserved for them before you could get there.

No system will sell a poster to everybody who wants one, but the current system keeps people from easily scoring multiples and therefore it sells out slower or to more people. And that's a good thing.
exactly... didn't we already go through this ad nauseam during the SW shitfests?
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:21 pm

T1000.jpg
:pint:

(Post, btw...I could not give a fudge about baseball! :P )
Last edited by rubberneck on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:24 pm

rubberneck wrote:Emotional Stages of a Failed Drop: :wink:

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the failed drop with disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. You will stare at the PC screen and refresh the page in the hope it is a technical glitch!
2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.
You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do before the drop. Use the toilet earlier, wear nappies, have three screens running, install C4C. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.
3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the failed drop on someone else. You will hit the relevant forums with vitriol and childish whinings. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your online relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion. You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain for the print at face with fellow ebeaners for a way out of your despair.
4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your online friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning ebeaners. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.
During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, how much its selling for on Ebay and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, avoid the particular thread, reflect on how you would have framed it/flipped it, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.
5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without the print, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.
6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your print. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without it. You will set up an ISO and see if other online shops are offering it at near face.
7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE- During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this failed drop. But you will find a way forward. You will turn to fellow forum members for help in tracking down your ISO and even to Ebay where reasonable prices are offered.
:lol: :clap:

I want to sig this, but I think it's too long
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
phubar2
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:26 pm

You guys must not watch very much baseball. If someone is batting .1000 then that means there are getting a hit at every at bat. So let's say 5 for 5. Then the batting average is .1000
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 pm

phubar2 wrote:You guys must not watch very much baseball. If someone is batting .1000 then that means there are getting a hit at every at bat. So let's say 5 for 5. Then the batting average is .1000
I thought 5 for 5 would be 1.000 and then say 3 for 5 would be .600 ??
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:30 pm

perfect is 1.000 (one thousand)
ImageX5 Hodor Image
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:30 pm

phubar2 wrote:You guys must not watch very much baseball. If someone is batting .1000 then that means there are getting a hit at every at bat. So let's say 5 for 5. Then the batting average is .1000
:lol:

try again
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:31 pm

nopey23 wrote:I thought 5 for 5 would be 1.000 and then say 3 for 5 would be .600 ??
This is correct.