Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:A twit that only brings you to a sold out page is uselss mondo

Either send the twit early or don't twit
The Tweet brought me to the product page, it was in stock and I checked out. Maybe there is a lag between when he sends the Tweet and when some people receive it. I got the Tweet well before sellout. I guess we all can have different experiences.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm

I still can't believe I missed this one. Oh well, thats' the way the cookie bounces i guess. Congrats to all you +1ers :clap:
ImageX5 Hodor Image
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

dylansdad wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:A twit that only brings you to a sold out page is uselss mondo

The Tweet brought me to the product page, it was in stock and I checked out. Maybe there is a lag between when he sends the Tweet and when some people receive it. I got the Tweet well before sellout. I guess we all can have different experiences.
Normally, I smoke the tweet and am checked out prior to it being sent... but this time I got caught and used that as my notice and still made it through.
Last edited by SaintNoir on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Good to know dylansdad....

I got the tweet- page loaded for 15 seconds only to say sold out.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Getting off the topic of a Mickey Mouse poster from what used to be a genre-based company...*

There is a new 35mm print of Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair.
I would bet $ that the Alamo will show it. New Beverly already has it booked.

ISO: Ansin Kill Bill

*I kid, kind of. Still weird to me, but what do I know.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:Getting off the topic of a Mickey Mouse poster from what used to be a genre-based company...*

Ansin would murder Kill Bill!
ImageX5 Hodor Image
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Still can't make purchases using PO box as shipping address. drymount you Mondo!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
futureman
Art Connoisseur

dylansdad wrote:

It brings you to the blog and you have to click to the product page. You can try it now. It doesn't bring you straight to the product page.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

It's starting to get out of hand on the bay.. print is going for 199 now. Don't underestimate the power of middle aged Disney collectors i guess.This series should be a bumpy ride!
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:17 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:Getting off the topic of a Mickey Mouse poster from what used to be a genre-based company...*

I think Mickey is right in line with geek sensibilities, imo.

But to Kill Bill... I had heard of this cut, but didn't know it was completed. Was it completed in the past (before QT's editor died)?
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Baker
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Unfortunately missed it which really bums me out. Boss lady wanted to go to lunch today so dont really have the option of saying "Ummm, I am waiting on a poster to come out, can you wait?"
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm

cargoflipper wrote:It's starting to get out of hand on the bay.. print is going for 199 now. Don't underestimate the power of middle aged Disney collectors i guess.This series should be a bumpy ride!
I had a feeling this one was gonna get pretty spendy quickly. It's a great image. and it's flippin early Micky. People love that stuff.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 pm

Sold out ridiculously fast. Didn't even have enough time to finish checkout.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 pm

I kind of love the fact that Mondo balances genre/cult films and mainstream stuff. I think there's room for both in my movie collection as well as my movie poster collection.

This year has brought us Down By Law, Maniac, Maniac Cop 2, Vigilante, Santa Sangre, Dracula, TMNT, Hellboy and Steamboat Willie--and several of those were dated posters for actual screenings. I would say that they certainly haven't lost sight of genre films. At this point, it would be incredibly easy for Mondo to totally sell out and start pumping out posters for Twilight and Transformers--but I don't see them doing that. Yes, they will strike a balance and some will wish it was all just cult stuff, but I think they have shown that the mainstream stuff will not overwhelm the genre stuff, just complement it.
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:After getting the Stout's stolen from my apartment building (but being able to get a refund from Am Ex) I missed out on this, if anyone scored an extra or has regrets, please get in touch with me. Thank you
Did you have a party or something and people saw them, that is, were the posters targeted? Or do you mean that the posters were delivered and someone stole them before you got them in hand?
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '