Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 am

I lived in Austin from 05-06 and i loved that city. Didn't ever want to leave but my then gf got homesick and we eventually moved back to LA, ugh i hate LA.
vortec42
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:49 am

Don't complain about taxes. How else do you expect the state to pay those fat pensions to state workers? :D
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:50 am

fluffhead13 wrote:Rupert, what service do they use to ship to you?
Just regular international airmail I think.
this aggression will not stand, man.
emac
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 am

lazk wrote:Really complaining about taxes when you could get about any poster they release without much trouble?

Come on...
First off, I don't live in Austin. I live 3.5 hours south on the coast. I used to live there, and my husband still does, but that doesn't mean I get to go there all the time. The drive is hella long and boring, gas is expensive, and sometimes when I'd like to go visit, I'm scheduled to work. I haven't been able to make an Alamo showing since I moved away over 2 years ago because a lot of the time they're scheduled on a weekday, and I don't earn enough vacation time to take time off just to go to Alamo. I have never been able to "get about any poster they release without much trouble." I sit online and waste hours hitting refresh just like everyone else. I was mistaken about my tax payment, probably because I was confused and thinking about what I paid for the Stout set, but what's the big deal? I already admitted I was wrong about that half a page up.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:57 am

I live in Austin. How do I obtain an on-demand print without bothering with the Mondo website?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:58 am

CrustaR wrote:I live in Austin. How do I obtain an on-demand print without bothering with the Mondo website?
You're closer to the store so your internet connection should be quicker.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
emac
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:01 pm

CrustaR wrote:I live in Austin. How do I obtain an on-demand print without bothering with the Mondo website?
I too would like to know this. Is there some super-secret Texans-only ordering page that allows us to get all the posters? ;)
lazk
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm

emac wrote:
lazk wrote:Really complaining about taxes when you could get about any poster they release without much trouble?

Come on...
First off, I don't live in Austin. I live 3.5 hours south on the coast. I used to live there, and my husband still does, but that doesn't mean I get to go there all the time. The drive is hella long and boring, gas is expensive, and sometimes when I'd like to go visit, I'm scheduled to work. I haven't been able to make an Alamo showing since I moved away over 2 years ago because a lot of the time they're scheduled on a weekday, and I don't earn enough vacation time to take time off just to go to Alamo. I have never been able to "get about any poster they release without much trouble." I sit online and waste hours hitting refresh just like everyone else. I was mistaken about my tax payment, probably because I was confused and thinking about what I paid for the Stout set, but what's the big deal? I already admitted I was wrong about that half a page up.
U got me...

I give.
T.K.C.
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

srdzevon wrote:
This made me laugh, mainly because it reminded me of what one of my friends said in college. He declared that Tim Reynolds was a really good guitar player because he was so small and thus it took less time for the electrical impulses in his brain to reach his fingers. The punchline: that guy's currently working his way through med school.
rmoore
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:07 pm

srdzevon wrote:
:lol:
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Come on...
Haha, to echo what others have said - you guys know that 80%* of the posters Mondo releases are just online, and we Austinites have no better chance to get them?

We do, however, have a chance at the scratch and dent section, and I remember going into the store years ago and seeing a bunch of highly desired prints sitting there for months. That doesn't happen anymore though...

*totally made up statistic, but it would be around there.
charter
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Yeah they don't release much in store anymore. I always wanted to go see Mondo but I would need an amazing print to justify me driving 12 hours in one day and they usually only release those online.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 pm

charter wrote:Yeah they don't release much in store anymore. I always wanted to go see Mondo but I would need an amazing print to justify me driving 12 hours in one day and they usually only release those online.
I went.... years and years ago... to this place... :lol: That is my picture. 8) Can't see the Mondo sign in that one...
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
noweyesee
Art Expert

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 pm

wow... how downtown austin has changed so...
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:31 pm

The original Alamo is a cheezey club now with $250 bottles of liquor served at your table with set ups. I felt a little dirty going inside.