Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Jamesesdad
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:29 pm

clem99 wrote:i sincerely hope tyler doesn't apply the same selling principles as olly moss presuming the prices hit the roof on ebay after his next release on mondo
Tyler is a realy standup guy. I think he is more interested in getting his copies into the hands of his fans for a reasonable price, rather than charging a small fraction bellow the exorbitant ebay prices and acting like we are getting some kind of a deal (olly). I have bought several prints from tyler, and he was very aware of the ridiculous ebay prices, but never charged me over 10 dollars of the original price of the print when it came out from mondo, even when said prints were going for 150-200 dollars a piece on the fleebay. Its nice to see an artist who is more concerned with taking care of his fans, then drymounting people over to make a buck and further fueling the insane ebay feeding frenzy. I'm sure his prints will be extremely in demmand, but would be surprised if Tyler sold his copies for more than 10% over what mondo sells them for. Cant drymounting wait to see how badass his prints look :drool:

On another note can we please stop drymounting talking about internet speeds, and how fast everyones ISP is? Theres like 4 pages of this fudge.
maden
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Awesome, spam!
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Jamesesdad wrote:On another note can we please stop drymounting talking about internet speeds, and how fast everyones ISP is? Theres like 4 pages of this fudge.
Its better than the 60+ pages of whining about missing out on the Olly drop.
Same fudge, different drop.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Jamesesdad wrote:
clem99 wrote:i sincerely hope tyler doesn't apply the same selling principles as olly moss presuming the prices hit the roof on ebay after his next release on mondo
Tyler is a realy standup guy. I think he is more interested in getting his copies into the hands of his fans for a reasonable price, rather than charging a small fraction bellow the exorbitant ebay prices and acting like we are getting some kind of a deal (olly). I have bought several prints from tyler, and he was very aware of the ridiculous ebay prices, but never charged me over 10 dollars of the original price of the print when it came out from mondo, even when said prints were going for 150-200 dollars a piece on the fleebay. Its nice to see an artist who is more concerned with taking care of his fans, then drymounting people over to make a buck and further fueling the insane ebay feeding frenzy. I'm sure his prints will be extremely in demmand, but would be surprised if Tyler sold his copies for more than 10% over what mondo sells them for. Cant drymounting wait to see how badass his prints look :drool:

On another note can we please stop drymounting talking about internet speeds, and how fast everyones ISP is? Theres like 4 pages of this fudge.
If anyone is to make money on these prints I hope it is The Mondo Crew and the Artists .. However from what I understand that Olly sold his prints for $500 was to try and deter flippers from buying .. But .. I think I just saw a set sell on Ebay for $1600 .. So even a flipper would still be willing to pay $500..
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:
Jamesesdad wrote:

If anyone is to make money on these prints I hope it is The Mondo Crew and the Artists .. However from what I understand that Olly sold his prints for $500 was to try and deter flippers from buying .. But .. I think I just saw a set sell on Ebay for $1600 .. So even a flipper would still be willing to pay $500..
was just going to say the exact same thing pretty much... even the $500 (+ $25 s/h) that Moss charged seems like a bargain now... two of the signed sets have now sold on eBay, one for $1600 and one for $2700.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
Tservo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Lol 3 pages of internet speed dick measuring, may as well throw mine in the ring

solid upload speed
Image Member T.H.C. Rounds 1-4 Image
Tservo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:38 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
Jamesesdad wrote:On another note can we please stop drymounting talking about internet speeds, and how fast everyones ISP is? Theres like 4 pages of this fudge.
Its better than the 60+ pages of whining about missing out on the Olly drop.
I heart you gonzo!
Image Member T.H.C. Rounds 1-4 Image
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:34 pm

RiotAct wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:
Jamesesdad wrote:

was just going to say the exact same thing pretty much... even the $500 (+ $25 s/h) that Moss charged seems like a bargain now... two of the signed sets have now sold on eBay, one for $1600 and one for $2700.

I hadnt seen the $2700 yet .. Something about that makes me wonder though thats TOO big of a jump in price .. Theres still plenty on the 'bay to justify that leap .. I bet someones trying to inflate the price even more ..
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:41 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:I bet someones trying to inflate the price even more ..
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:46 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:
RiotAct wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:
Jamesesdad wrote:

I hadnt seen the $2700 yet .. Something about that makes me wonder though thats TOO big of a jump in price .. Theres still plenty on the 'bay to justify that leap .. I bet someones trying to inflate the price even more ..
the $2700 sale was for one of the ~30 signed sets that Moss sold a couple days ago, however there was another BIN on the 'bay for $2500 at the time of the sale... which leads you to wonder about the buyer's intelligence if that is in fact legit.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:54 pm

RiotAct wrote: the $2700 sale was for one of the ~30 signed sets that Moss sold a couple days ago, however there was another BIN on the 'bay for $2500 at the time of the sale... which leads you to wonder about the buyer's intelligence if that is in fact legit.

Unfortunately this is one of the downfalls of ebay, there are so many shady scams that people can pull .. For all we know the seller that listed the set for $2700 is the same one that listed a set for $2500 and they just used another account to buy the first set for $2700 .. By doing that they make it seem like the set for $2500 is a deal .. Why not "save $200 and get that one, because they are obviously worth $2700 if someone else is willing to pay that" ... trust no one. :door:
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:10 pm

At the risk of repeating myself...they're shills.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:14 pm

so, looking at it from the perspective of the seller, say you do end up creating a fake eBay account just to purchase said item. You're looking at eating some hefty FVFs... does eBay waive those if you file a non-paying bidder claim and they rule in your favor?
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Holy Santa Claus fudge.

Haven't checked in for a while and just saw where these Moss sets are selling (and how much Olly got for his sets) ... good lord, the frenzy (er, stupidity?) has gone to ludicrous speed.

Congrats to all who got a nice Christmas bonus, including Olly.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:02 am

RiotAct wrote:
binky79 wrote:I think my ISP (Time Warner Dallas) somehow games these things. It's always some ridiculous result.
holy crap... :lol:

How can your download speed be so great, and your upload speed so poor?
Some funky compression thing done at your browser, router or ISP?