Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
marshmeli
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:40 pm

charter wrote:Let me get this straight...Justin is now going to send an email the day before and you have to F5 all day or you have to wait for his Twitter announcement which always goes out after it has gone on sale and also hope that Twitter doesn't have a delay?

Not good imo.
i agree... i always got the emails and it worked well for me... oh well
Drama79
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:12 pm

charter wrote:
Drama79 wrote:
charter wrote:I have a job, I can't f5 all day.
OK, thanks for playing.
Why did you f5 for 2 hours?
Because I wanted the print, and my email server tends to delay emails (mondo is subscribed to a yahoo account). Plus there is always a slight variety. It's how I got through a lot of the Lost drops, when I didn't know any better.
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Just out of curiosity, would releasing images of the posters after the sale create the same buzz? A by the way, here's what you missed? I know lots of people that tried to go and get the Moss prints well after they had sold out. They were sad that they missed the opportunity, but hey, odds are they weren't going to get them anyway. I didn't and I'd been anticipating them for months.
Drama79
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Jamesesdad wrote:
Like I said, there is nothing wrong with wanting to expand your business, and get more studios out there to see your work. What I have issue with is a huge advertising push for the sale of a product that demand is already 25 times that of the supply. All this does is screw over new and old customers alike, creating a fervent log jam on drop days, and then driving away your potential new customers that assume this is how most sales on the site go.
Erm... why would they keep getting new customers if that's how every drop has gone? *slow clap*
No site owes a loyalty to fanboys. Especially those who feel (whether stated implicitly or explicitly) that they are "owed" an inside track or jump on a drop. Justin and others will be too polite to say this, but grip up. Don't like it? don't play.
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:47 pm

I am breathing a sigh of relief. Just got my shipping notice for the Moss set. I know they were done with refunds at least by yesterday. I just couldn't help but think I'd still get one.

And I think if I had stopped to write "pick up in store" I would have missed these. :shock:
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:13 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:I am breathing a sigh of relief. Just got my shipping notice for the Moss set. I know they were done with refunds at least by yesterday. I just couldn't help but think I'd still get one.

And I think if I had stopped to write "pick up in store" I would have missed these. :shock:
YES, the 1st confirmation AFAIK. Congratulations!
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:17 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:I am breathing a sigh of relief. Just got my shipping notice for the Moss set.
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Got my confirmation too. Stoked! :)
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:21 pm

I'm gonna run out of sulking pictures before this is through ain't I? Congrats fellas.
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
alteridiom
Art Expert

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Are they still doing Star Trek posters?
Small town pizza lawyer
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:29 pm

taylorisagirlsname wrote:
SimpJee wrote:dylansdad, I just checked out your Star Wars collection and that is by far the coolest thing I've ever seen!

I swear if I get one of these last few Star Wars prints and you don't, it's yours man. Probably wont happen, but it's out there.
Where can we check it out? I wanna see!
There's a link in my signature. It's all a work in progress until the series is complete. I keep moving stuff around!

And I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for a shipping notice for my Moss set. Glad to hear they're going out! Hope to have it in hand by New Year's Eve.
Drama79
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Looking through this gallery (which is epic, btw) It strikes me the real winner so far has been Ken Taylor. Way to nail it.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:51 pm

dylansdad wrote:
SimpJee wrote:dylansdad, I just checked out your Star Wars collection and that is by far the coolest thing I've ever seen!

I swear if I get one of these last few Star Wars prints and you don't, it's yours man. Probably wont happen, but it's out there.
There's a link in my signature. It's all a work in progress until the series is complete. I keep moving stuff around!

And I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for a shipping notice for my Moss set. Glad to hear they're going out! Hope to have it in hand by New Year's Eve.

Can I ask what you do for a living that you can have an awesome office, that lets you put all that stuff up. I only have one print in my office and its Stouts Iron Man 2.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
Mapman
Art Expert

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:08 pm

dylansdad.. are you on the GGC or RS?
Kzelk4
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:24 pm

dylansdad wrote:

It would be nice if my A Linch Pin Droid or Sanctuary Moon would be here by New Years. Gotta love the amazingly fast shipping to Canada