Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
veltri
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:08 pm

I'd like to see Doyle do an iconic fight scene, but he'd probably have hinted it by now.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:19 pm

stout
emek
and david choe would be cool!
talkingdeads wrote:My nipples just did a back flip!
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:45 pm

I think Pardee is really likely, since we know he has worked with Mondo before.

My prediction:
Tan
Pardee
Stout
Jamesesdad
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:25 pm

veltri wrote:I'd like to see Doyle do an iconic fight scene, but he'd probably have hinted it by now.
I doubt Tim is going to do any more mondo posters. From what I gathered from stuff I read online, it didn't sound like a clean breakup. He essentially started his own competition to mondo/d&l with Nakatomi, doing art prints for sci fi/cult stuff, and Movie posters for the Astore Theater in Australia.

Tyler is going to do a 30x40 wide format poster for all 3 films on one poster, with glow in the dark inks for light sabers, blaster shots, and force lightening, and engine exhaust. Of course this is completely unsubstantiated or rooted in any fact, but it would be nice. Until recently, I wasn't even sure tyler was going to do a star wars print. I kind of thought he was going to be doing one of del toro movies, like pan's labyrinth or devils backbone.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:59 pm

If you count Ken Taylor's Bounty Hunter set as one entry in the series, then Stockton was the halfway point at ten and today's was 16 out of 20. If you count the two waves separately, Stockton was the halfway point at eleven and today's was number 17 out of 22 with five more to go. That seems doubtful and I tend to think that there will be twenty posters and there are four left. At least I hope so--I'm not ready for it to end and four more remaining sounds like more fun than only three.
kini
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:08 pm

love to see Horkey's take on SW, maybe of the Rancor
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Jamesesdad wrote:
veltri wrote:I'd like to see Doyle do an iconic fight scene, but he'd probably have hinted it by now.
I doubt Tim is going to do any more mondo posters. From what I gathered from stuff I read online, it didn't sound like a clean breakup. He essentially started his own competition to mondo/d&l with Nakatomi, doing art prints for sci fi/cult stuff, and Movie posters for the Astore Theater in Australia.
A dangerous oversimplification of the facts, but okay...
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Jamesesdad wrote:

Tyler is going to do a 30x40 wide format poster for all 3 films on one poster, with glow in the dark inks for light sabers, blaster shots, and force lightening, and engine exhaust. Of course this is completely unsubstantiated or rooted in any fact, but it would be nice. Until recently, I wasn't even sure tyler was going to do a star wars print. I kind of thought he was going to be doing one of del toro movies, like pan's labyrinth or devils backbone.
**that would be amazing! would give my left arm for that! :clap: :drool: :notworthy: :pint: :drool:
maden
Art Expert

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:06 am

alexfugazi wrote:
Jamesesdad wrote: He essentially started his own competition to ... d&l
You're running a printing shop? Congrats!
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

ironjaiden
Art Expert

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:27 am

alexfugazi wrote:
Jamesesdad wrote:
Here's what REALLY happened (I was there).
Years ago Tim (Doyle) ran Mondo while Tim (League) ran the Alamo Drafthouse. One day Tim (League) asked Tim (Doyle) if he'd change his first name. The new employees working at the ticket booth were getting confused as to who their boss was. Tim (Doyle) explained to Tim (League) that Tim was a family name and that he was named after his very famous uncle Tim (Doyle Sr.) who invented baby spinach. Tim (League) then staged a very elaborate breakdance competition at the Hi-Ball (a local breakdance club in the same strip mall as the Drafthouse) and the two had it out on the dance floor. Tim (League) knew Tim (Doyle) was a better dancer and poisoned one of Tim (Doyle)'s Rob Roys early in the evening. Tim (Doyle) ended up pissing himself while doing the worm across the bar and was disqualified from the competition and subsequently banished from his post at Mondo. Justin (last name not necessary because first name is unique, but it's Ishmael.. like the narrator of Moby Dick) was chosen as Tim (Doyle)'s replacement for his keen understanding of Doctor Who timelines and a first name that does not confuse employees of the movie theater.
Tim (Doyle) then wandered the desert that surrounds Austin for 41 days and 47 nights until he came upon a small village called Nakatomi (named after the fictional office building from the first Die Hard film). He befriended the natives of Nakatomi, Tx and eventually was elected Mayor.
He now resides there with Aye Jay and Anville as his man servants.
hellosir
Art Freak

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:31 am

What ever happened to the Horkey Dracula? Thing get shelved or what?
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 am

hellosir wrote:What ever happened to the Horkey Dracula? Thing get shelved or what?
Ya! Les hear it. Someone spill the beanz.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:43 am

ironjaiden wrote: Here's what REALLY happened (I was there).
Years ago Tim (Doyle) ran Mondo while Tim (League) ran the Alamo Drafthouse. One day Tim (League) asked Tim (Doyle) if he'd change his first name. The new employees working at the ticket booth were getting confused as to who their boss was. Tim (Doyle) explained to Tim (League) that Tim was a family name and that he was named after his very famous uncle Tim (Doyle Sr.) who invented baby spinach. Tim (League) then staged a very elaborate breakdance competition at the Hi-Ball (a local breakdance club in the same strip mall as the Drafthouse) and the two had it out on the dance floor. Tim (League) knew Tim (Doyle) was a better dancer and poisoned one of Tim (Doyle)'s Rob Roys early in the evening. Tim (Doyle) ended up pissing himself while doing the worm across the bar and was disqualified from the competition and subsequently banished from his post at Mondo. Justin (last name not necessary because first name is unique, but it's Ishmael.. like the narrator of Moby Dick) was chosen as Tim (Doyle)'s replacement for his keen understanding of Doctor Who timelines and a first name that does not confuse employees of the movie theater.
Tim (Doyle) then wandered the desert that surrounds Austin for 41 days and 47 nights until he came upon a small village called Nakatomi (named after the fictional office building from the first Die Hard film). He befriended the natives of Nakatomi, Tx and eventually was elected Mayor.
But you left out one crucial part; when does the poster for that drop?
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 am

ironjaiden wrote:
alexfugazi wrote:
Jamesesdad wrote:
Here's what REALLY happened (I was there).
OMG this is the most succinct explanation of the whole situation that I have ever read. There's really no way to top this so I'll stop here.
churdiales
Art Expert

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:49 am

good story ij, but... you lost me at Tom... :)
need google translator:

"Tomas y... "

anyway, where the heck is Nakatomi, TX? Is it close to Dallas? and yeah, when is that Hor-kay dropping?
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.