Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:02 pm

I totally missed these .. Where were they sold?
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 pm

I second the regretting not getting one. These are pretty bad ass.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:13 am

Did anyone order the Trick r' Treat print? I should have mine by thursday or friday i'd imagine.
selassielion
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:34 am

So, anyone have any ideas for hanging this up? I don't really want to do the frame, cause it has some very cool texture. Plus, dont think it would look right...
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:41 am

srdzevon wrote:Don't feel too bad. We all did the same thing with our first Mondo tube. I did anyway.
Yep. I think mine was actually a brainwash tube and it was about the time that I decided to try to open it like a can of biscuits that I saw the seam.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:33 am

fallenangel1 wrote:I totally missed these .. Where were they sold?
Mondo online a few weeks ago. It's the "big" special high-dollar Fantastic Fest item that had to be delayed. Can't wait to see what mine looks like.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
Baker
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 am

thekharmainitiative wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:I totally missed these .. Where were they sold?
Mondo online a few weeks ago. It's the "big" special high-dollar Fantastic Fest item that had to be delayed. Can't wait to see what mine looks like.
I got mine yesterday so surprised you didn't as well. Probably today then!
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:19 am

damn on Mondo? I cant believe this went up and I had no idea!!
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
Catarax
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 am

selassielion wrote:So, anyone have any ideas for hanging this up? I don't really want to do the frame, cause it has some very cool texture. Plus, dont think it would look right...

since i don't really have space to hang this.. it might go on my ceiling.. above my stairs as you go down to my furnished basement..

you gotta make it so the.. do not venture beyond this point.. makes sense a bit..

i was thinking of going to home depot.. getting some plexiglass.. and some traffic sign posts.. and screw them into the wall.. make some spacers out of something i find at HD.. and let it just sit there.. it's not like have to worry about it that much, since it was basically destroyed before i got it..

would i even need plexi glass?
Last edited by Catarax on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:19 am

It wasn't advertised nor mentioned really...I was waiting to get the Trick r Treat poster and when I clicked on the link all of a sudden this 'Monsters' sign popped up out of nowhere. It was expensive (think shipping itself was $49?) but it looks like it turned out pretty cool and unique.

I opened up my Mondotubes with ease last night and felt like a kid at Christmas morning. Thanks for pointing out the taped part.
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 am

Mitch posted about it at OMGPosters.
morecoffee
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:45 am

black7towr wrote:Did anyone order the Trick r' Treat print? I should have mine by thursday or friday i'd imagine.
I ordered one. I liked the movie and I think the design on the poster is great. I can't wait to see how it turned out.
Catarax
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 pm

went to Home Depot.. they didn't have street sign posts.. those things are everywhere outside.. what gives.. i guess some people won't be finding their way around soon.. :lol:
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
slater
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:46 pm

those new tubes Slater is using piss me off and rip my finger nails off.
I know, I know... they're really tough to pull those end caps off huh? Basically my old can-opener style tubes with the metal end caps were occasionally falling off in transit. I chalked it up to a weak day at the glue factory the first time it happened, but then it happened a few more times and I had to make a change. The tubes of the last year or so come from a place called Erdie, and have twist-n-pull caps that are very difficult to open... but hey, they don't pop off in transit! Also, the caps sink into the tube about a half inch eliminating some potential edge damage. They're also thicker then the can opener tubes of the past...

But yes, when I got them and tried to open them, I was like wtf? Try pressing the tabs on the sides of the cap in with scissors or a screwdriver first to loosen the caps... that worked for me.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Two words.

Skill Saw. :lol:
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.