Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:31 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:Well about 30 mins later and poor Chewie is still hanging out .. While art is subjective .. Id say the majority seems to agree that this piece will not be the most sought after .. I personally love me some Ansin though !!! **HINT HINT **
Mondo might have seen things differently.. They went with a run of 400 which suggests they expect this one to be quite popular.
Last edited by tranito on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:35 pm

tranito wrote:Mondo might have seen things differently.. They went with a run of 400 which suggests they expect this one to be quite popular.
This will sell out eventually... Star Wars stuff does even if its not regarded as the best ones. Might as well do that extra 100-150 prints to maximize it.
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:36 pm

I still like it. I'm just being good with money today. I guess also after missing last weeks, being a completist is slowly slipping away. :lol:

But I don't think Salacious Crumb was too popular either. There are a bunch still left at Mondo's store.
markenglert
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Sold out... didn't take long at all!
markenglert
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Tho, I do wonder how many they are holding for the store... and if they will take phone orders like they did with the Soto poster.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:45 pm

nopey23 wrote:
tranito wrote:Mondo might have seen things differently.. They went with a run of 400 which suggests they expect this one to be quite popular.
This will sell out eventually... Star Wars stuff does even if its not regarded as the best ones. Might as well do that extra 100-150 prints to maximize it.
I'm sure it will (well it already has 8) ).. Just saying they went with one of their biggest run yet. It has to mean something that Mccarthy's entry for Hoth has a run of 475 (most popular artist on the line-up yet) and that Whalen's Palace, for example, only had a run of 260. I don't think Mondo regards this piece as ''not one of the best yet''. In fact, Justin said it was one of his favorite thus far.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
charter
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 pm

I am waiting on Olly and Stout...and Eric Tan :evil:
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 pm

I actually like it. I didn't buy it though because it costs $70ish dollars here in tx.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Sold out.
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:58 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:But I don't think Salacious Crumb was too popular either. There are a bunch still left at Mondo's store.
Why wouldn't they just throw those up online?
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 pm

So we heard that we had arrived at the halfway point with Luke's Destiny (#10), and now we're just past the halfway point with Attack Position (#11). So it seems that we are looking at a series of about twenty posters, with about nine left to go.

I hope to see some of those nine spots filled with names like Martin Ansin, Tyler Stout, Olly Moss, Daniel Danger, Jay Ryan, Jon Smith, Florian Bertmer, Kevin Tong and Aaron Horkey. But then there's Eric Tan, Jeff Proctor, Drew Millward, Rob Jones, Alan Hynes, The Silent Giants, Methane Studios, Mike Saputo and Alex Pardee. I also expect to see a few new names in the mix. (I had never heard of Shan Jiang or Frank Stockton, but I love their Star Wars posters.) So there are WAY too many artists in the "Mondo family" left to fit into the remainder of the series, and I'm quite curious to see who makes the cut from this point on.
Last edited by dylansdad on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 pm

gonesolo wrote:
MondoFanMichael wrote:But I don't think Salacious Crumb was too popular either. There are a bunch still left at Mondo's store.
Maybe they just figure they will sell in the store eventually. Probably a good idea to have some sort of Star Wars print around for purchase if a fan wanders in.
markenglert
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 pm

I'd love it if one of the remaining prints was something like - Tyler Stout for "I Know"

Lots of amazing artists left to join in the fun!
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:
gonesolo wrote:
Maybe they just figure they will sell in the store eventually. Probably a good idea to have some sort of Star Wars print around for purchase if a fan wanders in.
Yep, defeats the point of having a storefront if you don't have inventory. It would look really weird to walk into a store to find a guy sitting in a chair in an empty room just hanging around to tell you that everything is sold out.
charter
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:28 pm

There are no posters in the Mondo store. You go in and drop a five-r in a box and a panel slides up and Justin dances for about 30 seconds to Groove is in the heart. Really nice guy though.