Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Baker wrote:I agree this is kind of a killer releasing this one before wave 2. Like most I was expecting wave 2 to drop before the next one. But I will go ahead and keep the streak alive, I havnt missed one yet and its my birthday, so happy birthday to myself haha. :clap:
Happy B Day, Baker! :clap:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
wonkabars7
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Not really feeling this one...its a bit much.

Glad I could get a breather after Wave 1 and 2 of the Taylor Bounty Hunters.
starkiller
EB Team

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Baker wrote:I agree this is kind of a killer releasing this one before wave 2. Like most I was expecting wave 2 to drop before the next one. But I will go ahead and keep the streak alive, I havnt missed one yet and its my birthday, so happy birthday to myself haha. :clap:
technically wave 2 for Ken Taylor was released to thought who bought wave 1, just sayin...
EB Team

pewter14 wrote:
Once people realize ...
1) You cannot have every poster.
2) You do not need every poster.
3) There is always another poster.
... this hobby will become a lot more enjoyable. It's quite cathartic once you accept these truths.
Baker
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:57 pm

starkiller wrote:
technically wave 2 for Ken Taylor was released to thought who bought wave 1, just sayin...
I guess, but I am more talking about the public release of wave 2. Since we all know it will be shown next week sometime, a week off wouldnt have hurt is all im sayin.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Mondo has been producing an exclusive series of Star Wars prints... with more to come throughout the year.
Is this a hint that the series will be finished by the end of the year? Or just confirmation that the series (once rumored to end with six) has a lot of life left in it?

If it's not totally open ended, I would love an idea as to how many there will be, and when it might be finishing up. (Part of the fun and anticipation of the Lost series came from counting down those eighteen question marks one by one.)

Anyway, it looks like Crumb will have the smallest edition size yet.
charter
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Gotta pass...this print is a little too much.
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:53 pm

the detail is awesome, and I personally like it because it so over the top. It's not trying to act like a five thousand dollar oil, it's just badass.
"If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now!"

"If looks could kill, I am a-dead now"
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 pm

I like the new SW print, but will pass as I've picked up a few ISO's over the last few weeks and print funds are at an all-time low :(
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:50 am

So being here in Austin for FF has it's advantages for sure. One of those advantages is hanging out in Mondo so much. Tonight I was in there and finally got to meet the elusive Justin (super sweet dude) as he was hanging this one up in the store (adios Iron Man 2) and let me tell you guys it's 1000x cooler looking in person. It's nowhere near as frantic looking. The colors blend beautifully on paper.
This will be the first Star Wars drop I'm not hitting F5 for as I'll be at Mondo at 10am to hand Justin cash for it and toss the tube in the trunk of my car.
Not to brag but on the last day of Fantastic Fest that really is one hell of a nice bonus

This has probably been the raddest 10 days in what's left of my memory. :D
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:01 am

Congrats--it sounds like you've had a great time. Good to hear!

I have to admit that it would be awesome to have Crumb in my hands tomorrow. Definitely a nice added benefit to being there in person, and a cool way to end the week.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:04 am

That Crumb looks great! This gives me hope we'll see something with Jabba, or maybe the Rancor!
ZappIsTheMan
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:17 am

ironjaiden wrote:So being here in Austin for FF has it's advantages for sure. One of those advantages is hanging out in Mondo so much. Tonight I was in there and finally got to meet the elusive Justin (super sweet dude) as he was hanging this one up in the store (adios Iron Man 2) and let me tell you guys it's 1000x cooler looking in person. It's nowhere near as frantic looking. The colors blend beautifully on paper.
This will be the first Star Wars drop I'm not hitting F5 for as I'll be at Mondo at 10am to hand Justin cash for it and toss the tube in the trunk of my car.
Not to brag but on the last day of Fantastic Fest that really is one hell of a nice bonus

That is great!

I hate you!

:lol: :lol:
Baker
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:08 am

ironjaiden wrote:So being here in Austin for FF has it's advantages for sure. One of those advantages is hanging out in Mondo so much. Tonight I was in there and finally got to meet the elusive Justin (super sweet dude) as he was hanging this one up in the store (adios Iron Man 2) and let me tell you guys it's 1000x cooler looking in person. It's nowhere near as frantic looking. The colors blend beautifully on paper.

So how many tubes you have piling up in the back of that car by now? Im putting the over/under at 10 tubes :D
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:25 am

You've done a great job as EB ambassador, ironj. :D
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:53 am

Darkknight37 wrote:That Crumb looks great! This gives me hope we'll see something with Jabba, or maybe the Rancor!
All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.