Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:34 pm

dylansdad wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
charter wrote:Bad thing is that there are only 6 Star Wars posters...and 3 we have already seen.

I didn't know that. It's confirmed that the SW run is 6?
Obviously, that would suck--so I asked Justin about this specifically when I talked with him at the Rolling Roadshow.

In short, don't believe everything you read. Take that with however many grains of salt your doctor recommends.
Dude what is with all the secrecy? Did Justin make you swear not to tell anyone anything? Now, I can see your point of view on not naming the artist, cause you're worried all the Danger/Stout/whoever fans will snatch it up before you (however I think the hype is far worse now with this print because now you've got everyone's fans checking instead of just one artist's fans)... But holding out on how many SW posters there are? What's the point of that? Just share some info if you know something.
ImageImage
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Well, lunch is over, so unless they are going to go against everything they have done in the past (which is certainly Possible), this will be tom...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Wtf is an irritated Acme?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rmoore
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:38 pm

What have I missed? What was said that makes everyone certain that a SW print is dropping today? Is it news or rumor?
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:39 pm

noeldaddy wrote:Dude what is with all the secrecy? Did Justin make you swear not to tell anyone anything? Now, I can see your point of view on not naming the artist, cause you're worried all the Danger/Stout/whoever fans will snatch it up before you (however I think the hype is far worse now with this print because now you've got everyone's fans checking instead of just one artist's fans)... But holding out on how many SW posters there are? What's the point of that? Just share some info if you know something.
Not trying to be overly secretive, just accurate. I don't have anything specific to tell you about numbers. If he told me how many posters there were going to be, I would share that. I wasn't keeping a transcript of my conversation so I've got to be careful about misrepresenting him or saying something that could be misleading to you all. But the impression I got was that the Acme issue wasn't an issue, and that if he has his way, the series will go on for a long time. He obviously isn't going to get into business specifics, but I can tell you that the feeling I got after chatting about it was that they won't be capped at six.
Last edited by dylansdad on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramer73
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Codeblue wrote:Wtf is an irritated Acme?
I'm assuming they mean the company/site that sells tons of star wars, etc. Prints.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 pm

This is dumb. Someone spill the drymounting beans on this thing.
Small town pizza lawyer
Brooks
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:43 pm

alteridiom wrote:This is dumb. Someone spill the drymounting beans on this thing.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 pm

dylansdad wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:Dude what is with all the secrecy? Did Justin make you swear not to tell anyone anything? Now, I can see your point of view on not naming the artist, cause you're worried all the Danger/Stout/whoever fans will snatch it up before you (however I think the hype is far worse now with this print because now you've got everyone's fans checking instead of just one artist's fans)... But holding out on how many SW posters there are? What's the point of that? Just share some info if you know something.
Not trying to be overly secretive, just accurate. I don't have anything specific to tell you about numbers. If he told me how many posters there were going to be, I would share that. I wasn't keeping a transcript of my conversation so I've got to be careful about misrepresenting him or saying something that could be misleading to you all. But the impression I got was that the Acme issue wasn't an issue, and that if he has his way, the series will go on for a long time. He obviously isn't going to get into business specifics, but I can tell you that the feeling I got after chatting about it was that they won't be capped at six.
Sounds good. Sorry if I came off a little testy, all this waiting is getting frustrating! Plus I'm leaving soon to drive down to Philly for the roadshow so I'm extra antsy
ImageImage
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:47 pm

kramer73 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Wtf is an irritated Acme?
I'm assuming they mean the company/site that sells tons of star wars, etc. Prints.
http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com

I own the 3 Sam Fout animated looking Gangster Star Wars pieces. Love 'em. 90% of the stuff doesn't really grab me so much, but there are a couple of pieces I might pick up during another sale. I'd love the McQuarrie Fett. Nothing they do really seems to move very fast.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:50 pm

So this is going up tomorrow, right? I slept in.
Goonies never say die!
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:52 pm

I don't know anything with 100% certainty, which is another excellent reason not to be too specific. If I go around putting words in Justin's mouth and things don't go as planned, it's just going to irritate people. I just wanted to be vague enough not to mislead anyone, but also let people know that I think the next poster will be worth picking up.

Heck, maybe the one I'm expecting got delayed and we will be getting something else instead. But I will throw some of you a bone and say that Danger is not the one I'm waiting for this week.
dumela
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:55 pm

if justin didnt tell him not to say anything, im gonna guess this or he just likes being that guy who knows something others dont
alteridiom
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Off topic but for all you McCarthy fans out there I really can't say anything other than look for something new the first week of September. Can't take it any further than that. Sorry.
Small town pizza lawyer
dumela
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:00 pm

alteridiom wrote:Off topic but for all you McCarthy fans out there I really can't say anything other than look for something new the first week of September. Can't take it any further than that. Sorry.
i heard the same thing for the first week of october...