Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18431
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm

ItS definiTely not gOing to be stoUT.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
tmurch
Art Expert
Posts: 1125
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: NC

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:12 pm

gonzo303 wrote:ItS definiTely not gOing to be stoUT.
so subtle
Tadrules wrote:Dan Mccarthy is a pimp.
RupertPupkin wrote: This will never change. Idiocy is the true human condition.
iso munter explosions in the sky
ImageImage
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18431
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:27 pm

I have no clue really if he is doing a print or not. :ziggi:
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:30 pm

gonzo303 wrote:I have no clue really if he is doing a print or not. :ziggi:
He did say he has a new non-Phish print coming out soon. It may be, it may not be. Maybe he's doing the next Star Trek print. I'm hoping for a Star Wars print personally. How many movie prints has Tyler done this year, 1?
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:30 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:ha, not sure whether to call 'baloney' or to ask for at least a hint to the artist you have been talking to directly or second hand. 8)
I'm not very good at hints! And I should clarify that I haven't been talking to any artists.

But this will be the second Alamo poster from this artist so far this year. That should disqualify a few potential candidates...
User avatar
charter
Art Expert
Posts: 9803
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am
Location: Denver, John Denver
Contact:

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 pm

I will ask Tyler, he is locked in my basement making some posterz.
Olto
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 556
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:37 am

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:37 am

I'm pretty sure Tyler Stout has done two Alamo print this year: Iron Man 2 and Monster Squad. Although Monster Squad says January 9th, 2009 on the poster, I do remember the contest for it being this year (and EB has it at a 1/12/10 release date). Maybe it's McCarthy (The Lost World)... but he said he is busy with his show and seems to be putting everything else on hold.

Other candidates who have only done one this year from what I could see:
Saputo
Soto (but probably out because he already did a star wars)
Rhys Cooper
Adlard


Any others?
User avatar
ironjaiden
Art Expert
Posts: 7980
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:57 pm
Location: Hollarado
Contact:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:56 am

Hmmmm... Rich Kelly maybe? I love that dude's work right now.
Goddamn that'd be good times.
Cooper could be cool.
Saputo might be neat.
McCarthy + Endor = boner time
Adlard is busy making comic books.
Based on what Dylansgrandfathersson is hinting at Taylor is out, Stout is out, Ansin is out, Moss is out, Bertmer is out... hmmmm indeed.
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:10 am

I think this is an accurate list of 2010 poster releases so far:

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus by Martin Ansin
The Monster Squad by Tyler Stout
The Holy Mountain by Florian Bertmer
Tommy by Jesse Philips
Dark Side of the Rainbow by Jon Smith
House of the Devil by The Silent Giants
Frozen by Kevin Tong
The Wolfman by Daniel Danger
The Wolf Man by Martin Ansin
T2: Judgment Day by Ken Taylor
TMNT by Rhys Cooper
Children of the Hydra by Arik Roper
The Lost World by Dan McCarthy
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans by Alan Hynes
Plan 9 From Outer Space by Todd Slater
Night of the Living Dead by Florian Bertmer
Iron Man 2 by Tyler Stout
Iron Man 2 by Mike Saputo
The Human Centipede by The Silent Giants
The Evil Dead by Olly Moss
The Evil Dead by Florian Bertmer
Survival of the Dead by Charlie Adlard
The Warriors by Ken Taylor
The Warriors by Tomer Hanuka
UHF by Rich Kelley
Space Seed by Martin Ansin
Fantastic Fest 2010 by Mike Saputo
Scrap Yard Power Droid by Jeff Soto
Richard Pryor by Ken Taylor
Bride of Frankenstein by Martin Ansin
Raider by Dave Kinsey
Moon by All City Media/Martin Ansin
The Trouble With Tribbles by Olly Moss
Father: Encounter On Dagobah by Tomer Hanuka
Zombie by Jeff Proctor
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World by Martin Ansin

Considering the six (!) posters he's been involved in this year, I think I can safely call Martin Ansin the MVP for 2010 so far.
User avatar
ironjaiden
Art Expert
Posts: 7980
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:57 pm
Location: Hollarado
Contact:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 am

Yeah I'm gonna agree there. Ansin has been on fire this year. All home runs too. The dude can make a damn poster.
At this rate I'm gonna deplete the Fantastic Fest fund, the Christmas fund and the goddamn kids' college money if Mondo keeps up this game of "take the junkie's money and run". :)
User avatar
markenglert
Art Expert
Posts: 3078
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:50 pm
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA
Contact:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:26 am

A Ken Taylor Rancor would be cool... I dunno, I've been pleasantly surprised by each of the Star Wars prints and I'm stoked to see the new one.
User avatar
tb252803
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:44 pm

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 am

Tong could be in there too, not sure what I would like to see from him, but I'm sure it would be top notch either way.
User avatar
srdzevon
Art Expert
Posts: 8164
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: AL
Contact:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:50 am

ironjaiden wrote:Yeah I'm gonna agree there. Ansin has been on fire this year. All home runs too. The dude can make a damn poster.
At this rate I'm gonna deplete the Fantastic Fest fund, the Christmas fund and the goddamn kids' college money if Mondo keeps up this game of "take the junkie's money and run". :)
Mondo doesn't care about us. If they did, they would stop putting out so many great posters all the time. It's ridiculous. I for one am going to put a stop to it. I officially refuse to buy another print from them until the next one comes out. Who's with me?!
ImageX5 Hodor Image
nimsu8
Art Expert
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Bay Area

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:04 am

What about all the Olly Moss for the Rolling Roadshow? Those should kinda count
dylansdad wrote:I think this is an accurate list of 2010 poster releases so far:

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus by Martin Ansin
The Monster Squad by Tyler Stout
The Holy Mountain by Florian Bertmer
Tommy by Jesse Philips
Dark Side of the Rainbow by Jon Smith
House of the Devil by The Silent Giants
Frozen by Kevin Tong
The Wolfman by Daniel Danger
The Wolf Man by Martin Ansin
T2: Judgment Day by Ken Taylor
TMNT by Rhys Cooper
Children of the Hydra by Arik Roper
The Lost World by Dan McCarthy
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans by Alan Hynes
Plan 9 From Outer Space by Todd Slater
Night of the Living Dead by Florian Bertmer
Iron Man 2 by Tyler Stout
Iron Man 2 by Mike Saputo
The Human Centipede by The Silent Giants
The Evil Dead by Olly Moss
The Evil Dead by Florian Bertmer
Survival of the Dead by Charlie Adlard
The Warriors by Ken Taylor
The Warriors by Tomer Hanuka
UHF by Rich Kelley
Space Seed by Martin Ansin
Fantastic Fest 2010 by Mike Saputo
Scrap Yard Power Droid by Jeff Soto
Richard Pryor by Ken Taylor
Bride of Frankenstein by Martin Ansin
Raider by Dave Kinsey
Moon by All City Media/Martin Ansin
The Trouble With Tribbles by Olly Moss
Father: Encounter On Dagobah by Tomer Hanuka
Zombie by Jeff Proctor
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World by Martin Ansin

Considering the six (!) posters he's been involved in this year, I think I can safely call Martin Ansin the MVP for 2010 so far.
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
User avatar
Darkknight37
Art Expert
Posts: 7822
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 am

srdzevon wrote:Mondo doesn't care about us. If they did, they would stop putting out so many great posters all the time. It's ridiculous. I for one am going to put a stop to it. I officially refuse to buy another print from them until the next one comes out. Who's with me?!
Locked