Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
coborjobs2010
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: TX

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:24 pm

this convo is SO last week
Image Image
User avatar
wangulator
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:01 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:25 pm

@jock4twenty: Me and Guillermo signing @MondoNews yesterday. Thx to all that came out! I'll have some AP's online soon. #SDCC2014 http://pic.twitter.com/Qp3KQUkIS2
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:27 pm

wangulator wrote:
@jock4twenty: Me and Guillermo signing @MondoNews yesterday. Thx to all that came out! I'll have some AP's online soon. #SDCC2014 http://pic.twitter.com/Qp3KQUkIS2
Nice!
So it goes...
User avatar
Ainshol
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:27 pm

binky79 wrote:I think it's my favorite thing he's done.
I second, third, and fourth this.
ImageImageImage ImageImage
User avatar
c0bbz
Art Expert
Posts: 2980
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:29 pm

mcsquiggins wrote:Depends on your reasons for not wanting to hang a video game print, I suppose.
He didn't state his reason. You kind of just read really far in to that.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
User avatar
fallenangel1
Art Expert
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:37 am
Contact:

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Is there a single spot where all SDCC prints are being posted .. Ive pretty much been ignoring this thread for weeks and dont want to sort through the hundreds of pages from here to wednesday, thanks!
Check out my new Alamo Poster site!
http://www.AlamoDrafthousePosters.com

FREE- 20GB of online storage with UNLIMITED 5GB referrals
https://copy.com?r=QRt2P6
User avatar
c0bbz
Art Expert
Posts: 2980
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Their twitter.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
User avatar
mcsquiggins
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 am
Location: Yay Area

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:31 pm

c0bbz wrote:
mcsquiggins wrote:Depends on your reasons for not wanting to hang a video game print, I suppose.
He didn't state his reason. You kind of just read really far in to that.
Probably. This is just my blanket statement for people that say video games aren't art. My apologies.
User avatar
finneganm
Art Freak
Posts: 16192
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: NJ

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:31 pm

darkturkish wrote:lol at people being prudish about hanging videogame prints on the wall. Last of Us is very deserving to be one of Mondo's first game posters. one of the best games of all time for sure
I liked it alot. One of the better post apocalyptic survival stories I've seen in a while, from any media. I also thought that Mass Effect was one of the best Science Fiction stories I had seen in a long time, regardless of media type. However liking something, and even endorsing something that you like does not necessarily mean that you want it hung up in your living room. And with others here, I can't see myself hanging a video game poster anytime soon. Regardless of how good the game is (like this one) and how good the art is (like this one). Don't think that makes me prudish, I think it makes me someone who can appreciate something without being fanatical about it.
...
...
That's what she said
User avatar
TheBeard
Art Expert
Posts: 4500
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am
Location: Vegass

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Apparently I don't hang them because I have zero respect for video games, people who play them, people who make them and people who acknowledge their legitimacy even though I spent 6 years working in the industry.
Woodrocket podcast - http://itun.es/us/8lNFJ.c
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25676
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:32 pm

finneganm wrote:
darkturkish wrote:lol at people being prudish about hanging videogame prints on the wall. Last of Us is very deserving to be one of Mondo's first game posters. one of the best games of all time for sure
I liked it alot. One of the better post apocalyptic survival stories I've seen in a while, from any media. I also thought that Mass Effect was one of the best Science Fiction stories I had seen in a long time, regardless of media type. However liking something, and even endorsing something that you like does not necessarily mean that you want it hung up in your living room. And with others here, I can't see myself hanging a video game poster anytime soon. Regardless of how good the game is (like this one) and how good the art is (like this one). Don't think that makes me prudish, I think it makes me someone who can appreciate something without being fanatical about it.

But wait, haven't you a recently acquired a space invader piece? 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
mcsquiggins
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 am
Location: Yay Area

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:33 pm

TheBeard wrote:Apparently I don't hang them because I have zero respect for video games, people who play them, people who make them and people who acknowledge their legitimacy even though I spent 6 years working in the industry.

Aw, come on. Does your straw man argument cancel out mine?
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10373
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm

fallenangel1 wrote:Is there a single spot where all SDCC prints are being posted .. Ive pretty much been ignoring this thread for weeks and dont want to sort through the hundreds of pages from here to wednesday, thanks!
Kevin Tong - http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/mondo ... height=855
Mike Mitchell - http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/mondo ... height=726
Randy Ortiz - http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/mondo ... height=855
Silence TV - http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/ ... z/$_57.JPG
Silence TV - http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/ ... o/$_57.JPG
Jock - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rePFrPdIF7M/U ... gular).jpg
Jock - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a2sVMhajWXQ/U ... riant).jpg
Olly Moss / Jay Shaw - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtZx82vIIAAUMvG.jpg
User avatar
Awesome
Art Expert
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm

nice poster, will get eventually
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25676
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm

iambillyg wrote:
fallenangel1 wrote:Is there a single spot where all SDCC prints are being posted .. Ive pretty much been ignoring this thread for weeks and dont want to sort through the hundreds of pages from here to wednesday, thanks!
Kevin Tong - http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/mondo ... height=855
Mike Mitchell - http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/mondo ... height=726
Randy Ortiz - http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/mondo ... height=855
Silence TV - http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/ ... z/$_57.JPG
Silence TV - http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/ ... o/$_57.JPG
Jock - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rePFrPdIF7M/U ... gular).jpg
Jock - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-a2sVMhajWXQ/U ... riant).jpg
Olly Moss / Jay Shaw - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtZx82vIIAAUMvG.jpg
Hope their paying you well for all this Billy... :pint:

#datnewrole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Locked