Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:18 pm

punch wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:Yeah, both of those movies are great. Seriously great. Also strange because they're new titles, not an Aliens or Universal Monsters or whatever.

Shocked Children of Men is still sitting there. Guess I just misread how much of Mondo's customer base appreciates the movie.
I don't think it has anything to do with the property, Children of Men will go down as a sci fi classic.

Personally, I don't feel either version of the CoM prints are very good movie posters. The single color is totally boring and unattractive. Ken should have scrapped the entire idea and started over, IMHO. Ken said on IG that he didn't include more colors because the print looked like "romantic boat cruise" if he did and the only way he could relay the tone was keeping it a single color. Ken's idea was there, but the final execution really missed.

Just my useless opinion.
I don't agree with that. Much crappier Mondo posters sell out in minutes all the time (or they did at least).
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Haven't seen it in person yet, but pictures of the actual print look pretty nice to me.

MindVortex
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Weird article implying Laurent Durieux is a fan and his posters are unofficial:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/76696/ ... z35Chm6JIx
Last edited by MindVortex on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Culture Crypt for genre movie reviews and horror pop culture!
farva2
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:25 pm

Never thought I'd see the day where 4 taylor prints are sucking dust on the mondo shop.
mistersmith wrote: (an unlicensed Bad Boys 2 poster is probably the least essential use I can think of for a piece of paper. At least if you wipe your ass with some paper you will have cleaned up a mess).
Awesome
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:33 pm

farva2 wrote:Never thought I'd see the day where 4 taylor prints are sucking dust on the mondo shop.
People aren't making money by flipping anymore so that's why many posters aren't selling out, those days are over.
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Awesome wrote:
farva2 wrote:Never thought I'd see the day where 4 taylor prints are sucking dust on the mondo shop.
People aren't making money by flipping anymore so that's why many posters aren't selling out, those days are over.

Although still directly related to this I think the another reason they are not selling out as fast is that since they aren't holding their value people are making less impulse or "just in case" buys. In the past if I seen something that I was on the fence about I would try to buy it just in case so I don't have to pay flipper prices...now I am not as worried about picking them up in the aftermarket.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:31 pm

MindVortex wrote:Weird article implying Laurent Durieux is a fan and his posters are unofficial:

Ummmm, what?
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:35 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
MindVortex wrote:Weird article implying Laurent Durieux is a fan and his posters are unofficial:

Ummmm, what?
I always forget how BOSS his Frankenstein is (amongst all his others)
RiverRoad
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:48 pm

What's weird about it? It's just highlighting what a great artist Laurent is, and saying that the artwork was not used to promote the movies official release. That's not to saying their not licensed.
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Awesome wrote:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, that made my day.

The Taylor show was great!
charter
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Mondo will be around for a long long time but 2014 looks to not be a good year for everyone....especially the artists that sell AP's.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Chandler53 wrote:
Awesome wrote:

Laugh out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out loud
That's what she said
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:35 pm

finneganm wrote:
Chandler53 wrote:
Awesome wrote:

Laugh out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out loud
Crushed it.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:37 pm

All day bro. All day.
That's what she said
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Awesome wrote:
I think my question is now this: Moving forward, does Mondo keep it status quo and not change anything, or do they reduce run sizes / do less prints in order to get the instant sell outs back?