Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:48 pm

finneganm wrote:Hoarder!
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
finneganm
Art Freak

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:49 pm

That's a pot/kettle topic unfortunately.
That's what she said
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:50 pm

finneganm wrote:
rubberneck wrote: blah blah blah
Full disclosure: I went and grabbed a metal Tong cos I wanted it as a fan of the film and the art & medium works. Not having to trawl Ebay and deal with flippers makes it a win in my case. Don't care whether the curve goes up, down or sideways 8)
hype!
Dammit, rumbled!

Got a big ISO coming up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Rubberneck is building a hangar with most of his metals.
He needs it to house the life-size Blade Runner Spinner he's building with the rest of them...

#greedyflashrubberneck
Image VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:58 pm

punch wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Glad to see so many 'BIG ISO's' coming up for new folks.

Just a shame they have to let their recently acquired Ken Taylors go, though....
It really was one of my top ISOs that came up for a good price. I figured I would catch some grief over it. But I couldnt pass on this one
What was it?
Ansin Taxi Driver. I really did intend to keep most of the stuff from the KT show. There's still 3 or 4 from the show I won't sell any time soon and already have framed up. I just couldn't pass up on the Taxi Driver when I had the chance
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:01 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
punch wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:

Just a shame they have to let their recently acquired Ken Taylors go, though....
It really was one of my top ISOs that came up for a good price. I figured I would catch some grief over it. But I couldnt pass on this one
What was it?
Ansin Taxi Driver. I really did intend to keep most of the stuff from the KT show. There's still 3 or 4 from the show I won't sell any time soon and already have framed up. I just couldn't pass up on the Taxi Driver when I had the chance

Taxi Driver is amazing. well worth whatever new prints you gave up
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:02 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
DonPiano wrote:Why is everything still available? Madness.
Alright, serious response time: we have reached the point of supply meeting demand.

Why is that? Unclear, but there are many possible explanations.

1. Many flippers realize flipping is only worth it for certain prints, so flippers are no longer buying exverything Mondo puts out.
2. Mondo is putting out so many prints that we have reached a point where buyers only have so much cash they can spend on fancy paper at one time.
3. Quality has degraded on the whole and the prints Mondo is putting out these days are just not as good, and as a result, demand has decreased.

And the true answer is probably a mixture of all three.
OR
jkw3000 wrote:Only the paper Robocops are still available...all the Taylors sold out. Add to cart means nothing anymore...
(If this statement holds water)
Yeah, I was gonna say it may have more to do with general demand for Robocop prints...

It's okay Alex Murphy, I still love ya. What's left of you, anyway.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:06 pm

jmagee87 wrote:
punch wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:

What was it?
you don't owe anyone around here an explanation. congrats on the Taxi Driver though, it's one of the best.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:08 pm

theperfecttree wrote: you don't owe anyone around here an explanation. congrats on the Taxi Driver though, it's one of the best.
Thanks! I'm really stoked to get it. I think it should pair up well next to NCFOM
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 pm

there will never and can never be a better Taxi Driver print then that Ansin. Have it hanging right above me as we speak.
brndfrmd
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Particle wrote:there will never and can never be a better Taxi Driver print then that Ansin. Have it hanging right above me as we speak.
That is a bullshit statement.
Top ISO: John Waters Marathon 07 by Little Friends of Printmaking
Ainshol
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:25 pm

Anyone think Stout might be having a solo show coming up? Could explain why he's MIA. I'm pretty sure we will see a Stout Guardians of the Galaxy. And if it was the timed edition, even better. That way everyone can have a Stout and there will be a whole lot less butthurt. Just a thought...
ImageImageImage ImageImage
lsmith55
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Ainshol wrote:Anyone think Stout might be having a solo show coming up? Could explain why he's MIA. I'm pretty sure we will see a Stout Guardians of the Galaxy. And if it was the timed edition, even better. That way everyone can have a Stout and there will be a whole lot less butthurt. Just a thought...
This thread needs more Stout conjecture.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:29 pm

brndfrmd wrote:
Particle wrote:there will never and can never be a better Taxi Driver print then that Ansin. Have it hanging right above me as we speak.
You're a bullshit buyer and seller.

Yah I heard 'bout you, dog.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:31 pm

brndfrmd wrote:
Nope. Try again.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH