Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu May 08, 2014 1:12 pm

captainhavoc wrote:I miss seeing hand painted matte backgrounds in films. They didn't always look convincing but when they were done right the end result was just gorgeous.

http://nzpetesmatteshot.blogspot.com/20 ... three.html
Agreed. I'm a huge fan of matte paintings and they're more realistic than a lot of effects.
The Sting
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 1:18 pm

captainhavoc wrote:I miss seeing hand painted matte backgrounds in films. They didn't always look convincing but when they were done right the end result was just gorgeous.

http://nzpetesmatteshot.blogspot.com/20 ... three.html

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
DrDelight
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 08, 2014 1:35 pm

How good is Mondo's at replying to customer responses?
I updated my shipping address prior to the sale and for some reason my old address showed up on my invoice.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 pm

DrDelight wrote:How good is Mondo's at replying to customer responses?
I updated my shipping address prior to the sale and for some reason my old address showed up on my invoice.
They're very good. Someone should get in touch within 24 hours.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu May 08, 2014 1:41 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Kramerica wrote:Let's go back to RA saying that he enjoyed Noah. I am curious to hear about that film as I love Aranofsky but always looked sideways at that movie. When I saw the trailer, I thought it looked like garbage. When I saw it was not only directed by but also written by Aronofsky, my interest was piqued.

Did you review that one RA?
I didn't review that one, no invite to a press screening.

I was hesitant going in because I'm a spiritual person, but I don't like organized religion. I was pleasantly surprised that Aronofsky drew from several religions (heavily from the Book of Enoch) and delivered a story that is going to piss off a lot of closed-minded religious people who think their church/god is the only correct one. If folks have a decent grasp on that stuff it should be exhilarating, otherwise it might weird people out! Rock monsters :P

Like I said, the CGI is used for everything and it's really not that polished, but the movie gets by on the story and performances. I was actually moved by it. I haven't checked to see who did the effects, but I wish it was done by the people who did Life of Pi (a movie with killer effects that was ruined by the forced religious message, imo).

Aronofsky delivered another winner and takes Noah to places most directors never would/could.
That's good to hear. I am a big fan of the Book of Enoch and would also consider myself pretty spiritual but definitely not dogmatic and don't ascribe to one set of spiritual beliefs. Too bad the effects are lacking.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
biakabo
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Jamilton wrote:They still have at least one more Mitchell drop to go. I was just at the gallery today and they've got about 10 more portraits and the JLUs that are still available.
Do you mind me asking what prints were left? Both portraits and JLU's.
DrDelight
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:
Thanks B.....
c0bbz
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Went into Noah worried that it wouldn't feel like an Aronofsky film.

Was pleasantly surprised that it absolutely did, but at the same time, all the more disappointed because it didn't feel like a good one.

And I thought the CGI in that movie was incredibly hit or miss. Some elements (the flood) looked great, while others (the animals), just looked off.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Kramerica wrote:That's good to hear. I am a big fan of the Book of Enoch and would also consider myself pretty spiritual but definitely not dogmatic and don't ascribe to one set of spiritual beliefs. Too bad the effects are lacking.
Nice, after you check it out I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. I was skeptical going in, and I won't doubt Aronofsky again.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 2:04 pm

yay the captain has shipped
lsmith55
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 2:10 pm

DrDelight wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:
Thanks B.....
Depends on how much they have going on actually. They will ALWAYS, solve your problem, but if they are busy you might have to send them a few reminders to get a response.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
Awesome
Art Expert

Thu May 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Casette tapes are coming back!
celloman85
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 08, 2014 3:21 pm

First time I am excited about a Mondo vinyl release. Crossing my fingers for a colored vinyl tomorrow.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu May 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Awesome wrote:Casette tapes are coming back!
isn't this one of the signs of the Apocalypse?
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu May 08, 2014 3:25 pm

jlabbate wrote:
Awesome wrote:Casette tapes are coming back!
isn't this one of the signs of the Apocalypse?
8-tracks.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.