Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
listerfeend
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 pm

SunflowerSeeds wrote:sooo theres still an ansin robocop in my cart and its letting me proceed through the checkout...would i get a poster or a free pass?
No, you'll get a, "sorry, that poster wasn't for sale today" and a refund. :D
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Goddrymount! I was waiting alll day for this to hit, and literally the minute before it hit, i had to do something. This is why i hate the world. And people. Oh well, just saved me a little money, gotta be positive somewhere..
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Wasn't trying for anything today. Sounds like there were hiccups. Interesting.
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 pm

MrMattSteinberg wrote:complete site melt down and have and still have no intention to purchase either

So why even on the site?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 pm

EBers will be EBers.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:24 pm

sigma722 wrote:What a wild drop. Assuming mondo fixed site for page monitors. You all are doomed.

edit: NOPE
Who has time for page monitors? No wonder why these drops are so easy.

8)
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Codeblue wrote:EBers will be EBers.
Sig worthy
taylorph
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 pm

UrsusMorris wrote:Goddrymount! I was waiting alll day for this to hit, and literally the minute before it hit, i had to do something. This is why i hate the world. And people. Oh well, just saved me a little money, gotta be positive somewhere..
I woke up early for uber refreshing. decided to take a quick break to make a burrito. When I got back to the computer I was in the middle of the mondo fudge storm and ended up +0 too. :hanging:

Thanks to the generous EBer who helped me get a WTWTA. :notworthy: The GF is going to like that one (hopefully)
Last edited by taylorph on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:47 pm

taylorph wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:Goddrymount! I was waiting alll day for this to hit, and literally the minute before it hit, i had to do something. This is why i hate the world. And people. Oh well, just saved me a little money, gotta be positive somewhere..
I woke up early for uber refreshing. decided to take a quick break to make a burrito. When I got back to the computer I was in the middle of the mondo fudge storm and ended up +0 too. :hanging:

Ill take one of those WTWTA off somebody's hands for a bit above cost tho. Trust me it will look like crap in person and let me also remind you of how terrible the film was. :P

The struggle is real. :hanging:
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:50 pm

taylorph wrote:
Ill take one of those WTWTA off somebody's hands for a bit above cost tho. Trust me it will look like crap in person and let me also remind you of how terrible the film was. :P
If you wait you will probably be able to get one at cost or below.

Love Delort, great initial piece, but the movie was garbage and not a very exciting property on which to debut such a talented new artist. Its like Ewen McGregor in SW, fudge lines, but the man somehow made them decent because he is an awesome actor.
lsmith55
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Can't believe people were actually fighting to get these. That Jaws is about as generic looking as you can get. I am not a fan of LD's take on it either, but at least it was very original and complimented his style and technique. This on the other hand looks like Hero Complex Gallery fan art. I am beginning to think less and less of Mondo's supposed high standards when it comes to art direction and approvals.

They are a machine now though and will sell out of anything they drop. Sad really.

WTWA looks good though- more reminiscent of the book as opposed to the movie. Whatever wavers from that god-awful film that Spike cranked out is an improvement.
Last edited by lsmith55 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:08 pm

taylorph wrote: decided to take a quick break to make a burrito.

Edit: Breakfast or regular?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Z0MBIEproof
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:20 pm

KSUvet wrote:
taylorph wrote: decided to take a quick break to make a burrito.

Edit: Breakfast or regular?

No breakfast...no bueno
Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image ~ Image
ohkay
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:32 pm

I guess I'm in the minority here when I say I liked the WTWTA movie, but I don't think I'd want a print for it
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:35 pm

ohkay wrote:I guess I'm in the minority here when I say I liked the WTWTA movie, but I don't think I'd want a print for it
Well, if there's a minority, there's at least two of us. I wouldn't want a print for the movie, especially one as boring as that. Then again, I haven't watched the movie once since seeing it in theaters, and I own it.