Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:50 pm

finneganm wrote:It's like when Hendrix played All Along the Watchtower. Was it his? No, but he drymounting owned it man. Owned it.
Troof.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:50 pm

This thread today:

finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:51 pm

My favorite part was when we spent more than a heartbeat discussing this.
That's what she said
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:51 pm

Darkknight37 wrote:This thread today:

I'll buy that for a dollar...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
finneganm wrote:It's like when Hendrix played All Along the Watchtower. Was it his? No, but he drymounting owned it man. Owned it.
Troof.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
desch
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Dylan said as much.

"Hendrix's version cuts out the folk and replaces it with screeching rock and roll. Structurally, the main difference is that Hendrix adds a guitar solo after the final lyrics are sung. Dylan describes being "overwhelmed" by Hendrix's version, and he took to playing the song more like Hendrix – complete with a final guitar solo – in concerts. The live version from his Biograph Box Set gives an idea how he played around with the song post-Hendrix. "Strange how when I sing it, I always feel it's a tribute to [Hendrix] in some kind of way," he once said in an interview (Biograph, booklet)."
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:00 pm

desch wrote:
Dylan said as much.

"Hendrix's version cuts out the folk and replaces it with screeching rock and roll. Structurally, the main difference is that Hendrix adds a guitar solo after the final lyrics are sung. Dylan describes being "overwhelmed" by Hendrix's version, and he took to playing the song more like Hendrix – complete with a final guitar solo – in concerts. The live version from his Biograph Box Set gives an idea how he played around with the song post-Hendrix. "Strange how when I sing it, I always feel it's a tribute to [Hendrix] in some kind of way," he once said in an interview (Biograph, booklet)."
Interesting... Best thing posted in this thread all day.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:00 pm

desch wrote:
Dylan said as much.

Nicely referenced. Lets now go to the judges on this one?

Awesome
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:03 pm

You guys realize why everybody on this site is uneasy? It's because Mondo hasn't released a quality poster online since the Two Towers print, Mondo has been asleep at the wheel.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Awesome wrote:You guys realize why everybody on this site is uneasy? It's because Mondo hasn't released a flippable poster online since the Two Towers print, Mondo has been asleep at the wheel.
FTFY
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Not really.

- Gandhi
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Awesome wrote:You guys realize why everybody on this site is uneasy? It's because Mondo hasn't released a quality poster online since the Two Towers print, Mondo has been asleep at the wheel.
Fair use of colloquial idiom?

GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:10 pm

AaronBKoontz wrote: The more you talk on here the more I realize how impossibly frustrating you are. I can't even imagine what a dredge of a person like you must be like in real life.
Dude, I wrote those exact sentences in a fudge online magazine that no one reads. Please use quotes, or italics when plagarizing me next time. :roll:
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Luls, all this over a shitty Vulture listical.
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:13 pm

GatorsCanes wrote:
AaronBKoontz wrote: The more you talk on here the more I realize how impossibly frustrating you are. I can't even imagine what a dredge of a person like you must be like in real life.
Dude, I wrote those exact sentences in a fudge online magazine that no one reads. Please use quotes, or italics when plagarizing me next time. :roll:
Where my quotz @ BIYATCH???