Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
dylansdad
Art Expert
Posts: 7043
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:21 am

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:04 am

Also, thanks and good luck to the kind soul helping me out with the drop tomorrow while I take my son to the pediatrician. It is indeed possible to be both a father and a poster collector--with the assistance of strangers on the internet. I appreciate this place very much.

Good luck to you all in the morning, and cheers to Rich Kelly for his excellent work on this poster.
User avatar
LeeKaye
Art Expert
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:50 am

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:28 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:I've learned fairly quickly that plenty of people collect for the art, not necessarily always the properties. The comparison isn't exact because it's an image of cap vs the name of a band but plenty of people collect band prints of bands they don't necessarily like or listen to, some of horkeys stuff is a prime example. I can't blame them because the art is really good, and the prints I own are all of a property I like personally, but the idea is the same. I wouldn't collect a print of a movie I didn't enjoy, but there are plenty who've bought a band poster of a band they don't care for because of the art or the artist

My favourite GP and one of my favourite prints ever is for a band who I think are 'ok' and a gig I wasn't at. As you say, for me it's about the art, the thing you see on the wall. And anyone who doesn't like it can bite my shiny metal ass.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:05 am

Wait, people still complain about the skew body parts on a Rich Kelly print? Come on people.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
WhiteRat
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:34 am
Location: Iowa

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:52 am

Winter Shoulder

:lol:
User avatar
jpfondu
Art Expert
Posts: 2602
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 am
Location: Scotland

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:05 am

They won't be complaining after they score one :D

I'd rather have a Captain Pugwash print. Think someone could put his face over the top?
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25830
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:17 am

dylansdad wrote:Also, thanks and good luck to the kind soul helping me out with the drop tomorrow while I take my son to the pediatrician. It is indeed possible to be both a father and a poster collector--with the assistance of strangers on the internet. I appreciate this place very much.

Good luck to you all in the morning, and cheers to Rich Kelly for his excellent work on this poster.
It worked then... :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
dylanosaur
Art Expert
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:53 am

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:17 am

DonPiano wrote:Wait, people still complain about the skew body parts on a Rich Kelly print? Come on people.

Seriously, just embrace his wonky style. You'll be a lot happier.
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9879
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:41 am

dylanosaur wrote:Seriously, just embrace his wonky style. You'll be a lot happier.
I love Kelly's work - I own the Django/reg and love it. I was just looking at that particular print and, yes...it has the same style (shoulder). It's just not as prominent as it is in the CA print.

Someone else will be enjoying the CA...I'm pb'ing for this one. Sharing the wonky love. ;)
User avatar
Dubflakes
Art Expert
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am
Location: Illinoize

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:57 am

Anyone have any experience receiving a print missing numbers? Noticed my Tong Aliens Variant is signed but sans numeros.
User avatar
MatchesMalone
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:58 am

admhall wrote:So is thing going to flip or what?
I doubt for a premium. Looking at the comments in the "comic book" fan forums that covered this it seems like those outside the poster community are not digging the style for the most part.
User avatar
whiskaz
Art Expert
Posts: 2110
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:59 am

Dubflakes wrote:Anyone have any experience receiving a print missing numbers? Noticed my Tong Aliens Variant is signed but sans numeros.
I have but didn't do anything about it. Contact them. They'll probably make it right.
User avatar
Dubflakes
Art Expert
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am
Location: Illinoize

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:03 am

whiskaz wrote:
Dubflakes wrote:Anyone have any experience receiving a print missing numbers? Noticed my Tong Aliens Variant is signed but sans numeros.
I have but didn't do anything about it. Contact them. They'll probably make it right.
I've had issues with 5 prints from the two recent shows and they have been customer service ninjas in getting me sorted.
User avatar
whiskaz
Art Expert
Posts: 2110
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:08 am

Dubflakes wrote:
whiskaz wrote:
Dubflakes wrote:Anyone have any experience receiving a print missing numbers? Noticed my Tong Aliens Variant is signed but sans numeros.
I have but didn't do anything about it. Contact them. They'll probably make it right.
I've had issues with 5 prints from the two recent shows and they have been customer service ninjas in getting me sorted.
I assume you mean they've been silent and you have heard back from them? haha...

How did you contact them? They're usually quick to reply via the website (select Order Inquiry or whatever). Or email them @ store@mondotees.com ... 5 is a bit ridiculous! Seems odd to miss a print when numbering them. I'd love to know how the behind the scenes works. Unnumbered prints, replacements, etc.
User avatar
whiskaz
Art Expert
Posts: 2110
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:14 am

Nothing new there. I don't usually bother looking at those but at least this guy is honest:
Note: this is a pre-order. I reserve the right to cancel this sale if I do not end up getting a poster.
Locked