Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13850
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:28 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Drop over, thread dies... EB has been super boring lately.
You haven't been following the Marley release discussion have you?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7149
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:30 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Drop over, thread dies... EB has been super boring lately.
Lotsa bad art lately.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert
Posts: 1800
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:32 pm

punch wrote:
thekharmainitiative wrote:
punch wrote:+1 OZ reg
Me too. Were there any Oz Variants at all punch?
I didn't see any
Thanks, appreciate it, I figured you definitely would have caught it if it was there.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14707
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Kramerica wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Drop over, thread dies... EB has been super boring lately.
You haven't been following the Marley release discussion have you?
I haven't. Is that where the party's at?
Image
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14707
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Drop over, thread dies... EB has been super boring lately.
Lotsa bad art lately.
I kinda feel otherwise...
Image
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7149
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:36 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Drop over, thread dies... EB has been super boring lately.
Lotsa bad art lately.
I kinda feel otherwise...
Depends how far back we are talking..
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13850
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:37 pm

RottenAtom wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Drop over, thread dies... EB has been super boring lately.
You haven't been following the Marley release discussion have you?
I haven't. Is that where the party's at?
Well jumpstreet got exposed for being treejam, it was all pretty amusing for a little while. Had very little to do with obey or Marley though.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
Awesome
Art Expert
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Mondo hasn't had a big online poster release since December, they've been lagging.
User avatar
disdig1
Art Expert
Posts: 4392
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: NY

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Awesome wrote:Mondo hasn't had a big online poster release since December, they've been lagging.
since the stout in august last year, the horkey is the only "big" release they have had in the last 7 months. my how things have changed used to be a really good release online at the most every 2 months.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13850
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:42 pm

disdig1 wrote:
Awesome wrote:Mondo hasn't had a big online poster release since December, they've been lagging.
since the stout in august last year, the horkey is the only "big" release they have had in the last 7 months. my how things have changed used to be a really good release online at the most every 2 months.
They released all the good stuff at the gallery.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
disdig1
Art Expert
Posts: 4392
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: NY

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 pm

yeah the gallery has had some good stuff and i'm not saying there hasn't been good online releases but the must have kind of releases are basically non existent online these days.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7149
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:48 pm

The LD show is/was not only the best stuff as of late from Mondo, it may be their best 'show' to date. Quality is through the roof across the board.
User avatar
rickker
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: The outskirts of Rock City
Contact:

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:05 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:The LD show is/was not only the best stuff as of late from Mondo, it may be their best 'show' to date. Quality is through the roof across the board.
Agreed. That is why I ended up grabbing five prints from his show. 8)
Image Image ImageImage
kill 'em with kindness.
User avatar
Bikejoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4264
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:06 pm

hpoorthuis wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
hpoorthuis wrote:+1 scott pilgrim will go nice with the world's end. Would be nice if Tong completed the trilogy!
Also +1 on robocop reg. But not sure if I like the colors. Anyone got some pictures/closeups?
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=134745
Thanks! Still not sure, but will probably love it in person. Until now always loved the prints in person when I had doubts beforehand. Metallics on the variant look great though!
You will like the colors on the reg, I like it much better than the variant despite the metallics. The purple and red look great, and the digital Murphy looks awesome in red. On the variant, the digital reading coming off of him kind of gets lost in the background.
User avatar
captainhavoc
Art Expert
Posts: 3399
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 pm
Location: Austin
Contact:

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Anyone know where we are in the shipping queue?
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
Locked