Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:23 pm

so based on product numbers from Star Trek through today and the alphabetization,

Aladdin, Alice in wonderland, Lion King and Snow White were loaded to the site, but all must've sold out or been to low in quantity to drop
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:24 pm

yeah, the Whalen APs are LONG GONE at this point.

Ebay or bust.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Superfro33 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:How do you get on this exclusive list?
I think you get a leg up if you agree to so many hours a week prank calling Dave Perillo.
8 hours a week, give or take 1 hour depending on holidays. Priority given if you incorporate a ukelele.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:25 pm

jrm27 wrote:Well, I feel lucky that I was able to get a few prints for my daughter's room. That'll be nice.

On a side note, what are these books of cut up posters that people are talking about?
http://blog.mondotees.com/2013/05/08/ar ... sale-info/
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
NickTierce
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:28 pm

+1 Beauty and the Beast & The Black Hole

First time I've managed to snag two in one drop.
How does combined shipping work? Does it figure automatically, or should I drop them an email?
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:29 pm

NickTierce wrote:+1 Beauty and the Beast & The Black Hole

How does combined shipping work? Does it figure automatically, or should I drop them an email?
You'll need to drop them an email. Have both order numbers ready
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:29 pm

NickTierce wrote:+1 Beauty and the Beast & The Black Hole

you need to use the contact page and send them an order inquiry asking to combine shipping and give them both order numbers.

they will refund you when it ships
c0bbz
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Just logged on after finally deciding to bite the bullet before the Ansin show and snag The Black Cauldron.

and... sold out, but I've got nobody to blame but myself.
Image ISO FILM NOIR Image
Dnpayne
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Hey everyone. First time poster, but I've been visiting for a bit.

Here is what I snagged today (some on the secondary market).

Incredibles
Lion King
Nemo
Sleeping Beauty
Winnie the Pooh
beauty and the beast variant.

Really want the moss jungle book, but thats too rich for my blood. :)

I'm starting to rack up a lot of prints. I was thinking about getting a flat file. Anyone know of a decently priced option out there? I even have some posters of my own creation I'd like to store in there.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Just got hooked up with a Fantasia. Thanks to whoever backed out, freeing that one up for me! My daughter will be happy when she sees it.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:44 pm

gone..
Last edited by BetterCallSaul on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noodles90
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:47 pm

snagged a Nightmare Before Christmas REG and a Beauty and the Beast REG, both for some friends.

wish I could've gotten my hands on a Ken Taylor Alice in Wonderland and a Tom Whalen Lion King and Incredibles, but oh well. Still came out content. :clap:
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Dnpayne wrote:Hey everyone. First time poster, but I've been visiting for a bit.

Incredibles
Lion King
Nemo
Sleeping Beauty
Winnie the Pooh

I'm starting to rack up a lot of prints. I was thinking about getting a flat file. Anyone know of a decently priced option out there? I even have some posters of my own creation I'd like to store in there.
Two pieces of 1/4" foam core with tracing paper or newsprint (the paper type not actual news paper ) between your prints. Clamp it all together with some big binder clips
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:03 pm

I grabbed The Rescuers, first off I love the movie and secondly David Petersen is awesome. Also snagged a Wall-e, my wife love the movie, which is pretty kick ass, and it will be hanging right behind the babies crib.
mnelson
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:03 pm

cgriff wrote:
Dnpayne wrote:Hey everyone. First time poster, but I've been visiting for a bit.

Incredibles
Lion King
Nemo
Sleeping Beauty
Winnie the Pooh

Two pieces of 1/4" foam core with tracing paper or newsprint (the paper type not actual news paper ) between your prints. Clamp it all together with some big binder clips
Also keep eying Craigslist. If you don't live in a city (which I don't), search the nearest one you're willing to drive to for a flat file. I drove 2 hours to pick up mine, made a nice trip out of it by going to the beer warehouse 15 minutes away.