Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:23 am

mobius006 wrote:those mad about sound havent been to the new beverly :roll:

remember this is how theaters were pre 1996...
No they weren't. Total Recall in theaters made me nearly orgasm multiple times on that fat thx.
I've never had any problems with the audio at new beverly, or at the crest for that matter. But Whatever, I still actually liked watching it that way with the imperfections. It made it a totally new and enjoyable experience for me.
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:38 am

Drifter66 wrote:Super Variant-
- Metal - this was not expected given the fact that Mondo sent out a tweet stating they would have tubes for everyone. NO box for it or anything. Good luck getting it on a plane or shipping quickly. Because of this BS, we had to change flights and stay in LA an extra night. Total cost $350 extra and a lost day. The Mondo brain trust could not have even told the people that had the Super Variant that they needed to plan for something other than a tube. Yeah, the question was asked. BUT DRYMOUNT - we should be used to poor planning by Mondo by now.

- Sweatshirt - Horrible Gray and says "Now I have a Machine Gune too. HO-HO-HO" just like the movie. Try wearing that home on the plane through airport security!!!

- also a tube with a regular print was given.

We will have to go to a shipping center tomorrow and hope we can ship the metal home. It sure isn't going on a plane. Wow - not even boxed to ship?? Not a heads up or anything.

Super Variant was to have a run of 50. Well, they are numbered to 80. ??????
BONUS: The print is terrible as others have said.

If there is any one in L.A that wants to buy it and pick it up from us at 9:00 tomorrow, you can have the metal.

HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT - the sound was horrible to the point that it was hard to hear the movie at times. As stated by another post. It sounded like a game boy speaker muffled.
what. you bought a 300 super variant and you expected it to be on paper? Come the drymount on.

A. there are 24 hour FedEx ship centers that could've probably helped ship and pack that fudge tonight if you had really thought about it, unless you had a midnight flight or something. Even then, you might've had a shot to bring it with you, or maybe ask around for help from an EBer to ship it. And if you were really nice at security it might've been carry on/able.

B. They said they SOLD 50 tickets for Super var. That doesn't ensure the run is 50. As always, Mondo sells less than they actually make given that employees, artists, VIPs, press will get some. They never said the run was 50, they said the tickets sold were 50.

I'll give you the sound, but they did fix it halfway through
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:41 am

jimbobiii wrote:
- Metal - this was not expected given the fact that Mondo sent out a tweet stating they would have tubes for everyone. NO box for it or anything. Good luck getting it on a plane or shipping quickly. Because of this BS, we had to change flights and stay in LA an extra night. Total cost $350 extra and a lost day. The Mondo brain trust could not have even told the people that had the Super Variant that they needed to plan for something other than a tube. Yeah, the question was asked. BUT DRYMOUNT - we should be used to poor planning by Mondo by now.

- Sweatshirt - Horrible Gray and says "Now I have a Machine Gune too. HO-HO-HO" just like the movie. Try wearing that home on the plane through airport security!!!

We will have to go to a shipping center tomorrow and hope we can ship the metal home. It sure isn't going on a plane. Wow - not even boxed to ship?? Not a heads up or anything.

If there is any one in L.A that wants to buy it and pick it up from us at 9:00 tomorrow, you can have the metal.

HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT - the sound was horrible to the point that it was hard to hear the movie at times. As stated by another post. It sounded like a game boy speaker muffled.
what. you bought a 300 super variant and you expected it to be on paper? Come the drymount on.

A. there are 24 hour FedEx ship centers that could've probably helped ship and pack that fudge tonight if you had really thought about it, unless you had a midnight flight or something. Even then, you might've had a shot to bring it with you, or maybe ask around for help from an EBer to ship it. And if you were really nice at security it might've been carry on/able.

B. They said they SOLD 50 tickets for Super var. That doesn't ensure the run is 50. As always, Mondo sells less than they actually make given that employees, artists, VIPs, press will get some. They never said the run was 50, they said the tickets sold were 50.

I'll give you the sound, but they did fix it halfway through
Don't feed the trolls!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
yesterday
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:04 am

More like Try Hard
Image Image
yesterday
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:04 am

More like a Blow Globe
Image Image
mobius006
Art Freak

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:05 am

yesterday wrote:More like a Blow Globe
Killed it :hanging:
grizzlyadams
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:19 am

I had a lot of fun tonight.
snitches get stitches.
DrewJ

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:24 am

maden wrote:

I am in love with this post.
yesterday
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:56 am

More like Mondo Mystery Doodie
Image Image
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:06 am

The shirt seems not that awesome. i just bought this last week at teevillain and it seems a lot more fun

DonPiano
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:15 am

Where's the post about LotR:Fellowship and LotR:Towers Horkeys coming up? And Home Alone?
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
agzaker
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:16 am

DonPiano wrote:Where's the post about LotR:Fellowship and LotR:Towers Horkeys coming up? And Home Alone?
Anyone caught the artist for Home Alone?
PosterBOB
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:43 am

I am just so entertained by the idea of people flying across the country and paying for hotels all in the hope of getting some Tyler Stout package with a market value of a couple thousand dollars to instead be handed some shitty snow globe posters. I wish I could have seen the disappointment on everyone's face when they were revealed. Priceless.
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:48 am

PosterBOB wrote:I am just so entertained by the idea of people flying across the country and paying for hotels all in the hope of getting some Tyler Stout package with a market value of a couple thousand dollars to instead be handed some shitty snow globe posters. I wish I could have seen the disappointment on everyone's face when they were revealed. Priceless.
As someone a little disappointed by the hype and result, i have to say, i still think it was worth it. we got a stout hand bill. die hard stout fans will still want it. die hard durieux fans are thrilled. it was a great night. the bond itself is worth framing. mondo really did make it a paper worthy trek IMO.
yesterday
Art Expert

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:54 am

phantomforce wrote:
PosterBOB wrote:I am just so entertained by the idea of people flying across the country and paying for hotels all in the hope of getting some Tyler Stout package with a market value of a couple thousand dollars to instead be handed some shitty snow globe posters. I wish I could have seen the disappointment on everyone's face when they were revealed. Priceless.
Snow globe fans are thrilled.
Fixed
Image Image