Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Solar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:22 am

There's no need to use glass on a metal print. Just use a feather duster on it for dust.

Don't be paranoid - just use common sense. They aren't delicate flowers.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 am

Solar wrote:
QFT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
CrustaR
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:04 am

Solar wrote:There's no need to use glass on a metal print. Just use a feather duster on it for dust.

Aye, I've gone back and forth about this, but that's probably what I will end up doing. I've got a frame on its way to me now. $60 for a frame-up is a good price now that I won't be using glass. :pint:
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:07 am

Has anyone ever had trouble reaching mondo customer service? I had a problem with one of my orders and they have not gotten back to me after a few attempts. I assume it might be because they are busy shipping out a million prints, but it seems weird that they would not answer back after they told me to email a certain address. I have emailed twice and its been over a week and no response. Anybody have simliar issues?
Just a dude collecting paper
QballDS
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:12 am

darkturkish wrote:Has anyone ever had trouble reaching mondo customer service? I had a problem with one of my orders and they have not gotten back to me after a few attempts. I assume it might be because they are busy shipping out a million prints, but it seems weird that they would not answer back after they told me to email a certain address. I have emailed twice and its been over a week and no response. Anybody have simliar issues?
Make sure you select the right category from the drop down menu (General, Order Inquiry, Suggestion). I sent them a couple messages about an order under the "General" drop down, which I never heard anything from. Then I sent the same message under "Order Inquiry" and got a response the same day. May have been a coincidence, but seems to have been the issue for me.
ImageImage
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:16 am

QballDS wrote:
darkturkish wrote:Has anyone ever had trouble reaching mondo customer service? I had a problem with one of my orders and they have not gotten back to me after a few attempts. I assume it might be because they are busy shipping out a million prints, but it seems weird that they would not answer back after they told me to email a certain address. I have emailed twice and its been over a week and no response. Anybody have simliar issues?
Make sure you select the right category from the drop down menu (General, Order Inquiry, Suggestion). I sent them a couple messages about an order under the "General" drop down, which I never heard anything from. Then I sent the same message under "Order Inquiry" and got a response the same day. May have been a coincidence, but seems to have been the issue for me.
Word. Contact them via the website under order inquiry and Justin will respond quickly. Stand up dude all the way!
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:18 am

starkdesign wrote:
QballDS wrote:
Word. Contact them via the website under order inquiry and Justin will respond quickly. Stand up dude all the way!
Right on! I think it may have been because I was asking under General. I'll try again! Thanks dudes!
Just a dude collecting paper
whiskaz
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:25 am

Solar wrote:There's no need to use glass on a metal print. Just use a feather duster on it for dust.

Yea, treating it like a delicate flower isn't really what I'm going for. Just a consistent look/frame size. In all likelihood I will swap the thing out down the road with some other print (on paper). If I keep things consistent, I'll be able to reuse the frame components. So yea, I'm not at all concerned about preserving the piece but I also don't want it to look "bad" behind glass.
wizzack
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:26 am

I heard a rumor they are in the process of moving customer service to India.
mcgraw23
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:29 am

wizzack wrote:
They're just backed up with MoS and other shipments. I sent an email about a shipping refund 2 weeks ago, didn't hear anything back so I went in and they took care of it fine. I'm sure they're swamped still.. They had probably 40+ boxes full of MoS tubes they were working on when I was in.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 am

wizzack wrote:
There were rumors that there was a rumor, but that was just bullshit.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
celloman85
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 am

whiskaz wrote:
egrimens wrote:
celloman85 wrote:i framed my iron man 2 metal print years ago without glass. Just as shiny as the day 1. Go the no-glass route.
With the no glass route, how do people clean it from dust collecting etc? That's the main reason I have glass on my metals is it makes cleaning/moving them a lot less stressful.
I'm guessing w/ dust you can just... use a duster or microfiber cloth. Hopefully it doesn't get anything else on it besides dust!

celloman85...got pics of your IM2? egrimens, any pics of your metals behind glass?
Crappy pic, but you get the idea, and I actually haven't dusted it in years, only the frame (top bar) collects dust.

jeter0204
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Could really go for a solid Vinyl release this week from Mondo, it's been awhile and no I don't count that Ghibli stuff as a solid vinyl release.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
rooksbook
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:07 pm

jeter0204 wrote:Could really go for a solid Vinyl release this week from Mondo, it's been awhile and no I don't count that Ghibli stuff as a solid vinyl release.
I agree man :\

I think they wanted to avoid the shitstorm that was brewing if they had announced another LP before shipping or even having the Ghibli's on hand.

But now that we ahave a tentative ship date... I'd love another vinyl to be announced.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:08 pm

jeter0204 wrote:Could really go for a solid Vinyl release this week from Mondo, it's been awhile and no I don't count that Ghibli stuff as a solid vinyl release.
Still waiting on that Stout JP soundtrack... :wink:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image