Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
phips
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:39 am

jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:40 am

mobius006 wrote: Or how about running out of Iron Giant variants, even though they handed out tickets for them, and their own response was, "well sorry but your ruining the experience its not just about the prints." what about that???
What is this about? Cause this sounds pretty drymounting bad. I would be pissed. Lets get real: I can go watch your movie anywhere - IT IS ALL ABOUT PAPER!
dat13er

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:41 am

mcnail is the man, thank you for letting us buy posters from you!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
choke
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:43 am

jrsheppa wrote:
mobius006 wrote: Or how about running out of Iron Giant variants, even though they handed out tickets for them, and their own response was, "well sorry but your ruining the experience its not just about the prints." what about that???
What is this about? Cause this sounds pretty drymounting bad. I would be pissed. Lets get real: I can go watch your movie anywhere - IT IS ALL ABOUT PAPER!
I was one of those affected, and posted a pretty pissed off rant about it. They contacted me the next day and I met Justin at the hotel they were staying at and got my variant

I don't think I was the only one. They tried to make it right as much as they could and it was clear they felt shitty about it <shrug>
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:44 am

dat13er wrote:mcnail is the man, thank you for letting us buy posters from you!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Now that's a great troll account. drymount I wish I had thought of that...
lsmith55
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:45 am

choke wrote: No dog in this fight, but I could have sworn you had a HF Deluxe Esao in the FS/FT on the first day. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else....
Nope. I went after an HF and didn't get one- you are thinking of someone else. Cross my heart.
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:46 am

jrsheppa wrote:
TL;DR version

MMM (6) at the New Beverly.
Day 2 - most people are similar in line. Line up early for variants (if there are any)
When you got your ticket the first say 50 people in line got a black one as well. for the variant.
Thought process is, Oh I have a black ticket, there is a variant for me.
Movie comes up, Iron Giant. Have both Regular for everyone and Variant for Black tickets as well.
Black Tickets go up first.
Since its a mad house people push and shove. Some people are adults and wait back since "hey I have a ticket I should get one"
OH NO!!! Prints sold out! Somehow there were more black tickets then prints...
Justin try's and tell upset people that they are ruining the experience of the movie its not about just the prints. Mind you these people lined up all day, then acted like adults and were left in the cold.
Some got hooked up with APs the next day, some did not.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:49 am

mobius006 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
TL;DR version

Day 2 - most people are similar in line. Line up early for variants (if there are any)
When you got your ticket the first say 50 people in line got a black on as well. for the variant.
Movie comes up, Iron Giant. Have both Regular for everyone and Variant for Black tickets as well.
Since its a mad house people push and shove. Some people are adults and wait back since "hey I have a ticket I should get one"
Justin try's and tell upset people that they are ruining the experience of the movie its not about just the prints. Mind you these people lined up all day, then acted like adults and were left in the cold.
That's messed up. Should have sorted everyone out, not just those who spoke up.
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:50 am

jrsheppa wrote: That's messed up. Should have sorted everyone out, not just those who spoke up.
They did their best the next day for sure. But Justin saying that really turned me off on it for awhile.

And Again, they have got WAY BETTER at this stuff.

EDIT: like Comic Con, EVERYONE on here said how much better it was this year,and gave praise for how it was handled... Don't see those quoted though. :roll:
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 am

chisoxfan2424 wrote:EB is almost getting unreadable.
It was getting pretty unreadable for me. Then I realized my kids had wiped greasy pizza fingers all over the monitor.
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 am

mobius006 wrote:
jrsheppa wrote:
TL;DR version

When you got your ticket the first say 50 people in line got a black one as well. for the variant.
tl;dr
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:04 am

I like how this thread is still open but the Hook Up Thread gets locked. :roll:
Gundam
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:12 am

daviddelgadoh wrote:I like how this thread is still open but the Hook Up Thread gets locked. :roll:
There are no rules here
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 am

Gundam wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:I like how this thread is still open but the Hook Up Thread gets locked. :roll:
There are no rules here

"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
mrkyuss
Art God

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:31 am

Gundam wrote:
There are no rules here
MODS don't check this thread.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).