Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Jfwong
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 pm

VulturePiano wrote:
mcgraw23 wrote:
jkw3000 wrote: Doesn't feel like there was a clear-cut winner among the summer blockbusters this year...
Contrary to what a lot of people thought, MoS took it for me by a long shot. Pacific Rim was great as well but I loved MoS (the movie and the prints).
Pacific Rim won the summer for me but I have a feeling I am going to love Elysium. The Pacific Rim prints didn't really do it for me but I'm looking forward to getting Ansin's Elysium.
Pacific Rim. A movie with its cheesy crazy heart on its sleeve and some of the most intense and harrowing fight scenes I've ever seen. There was real weight to all of those robots. I just wish the general public didn't write it off as another Transformers-level unworthy watch. Always heartening to hear it's done well overseas.

Elysium's variant print is my favorite of the two. Regardless of how good the film is, it's a WETA explosion of effects and Neil Blonkamp at the helm. Should be a fun ride visually, and hopefully expositorily too.
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 pm

dylansdad wrote:I really enjoyed Thor. Can't wait for the sequel this fall--really hope we get a Mondo poster.
I think we will see a poster and maybe mosses even though he said those were for the cast and crew!
mcgraw23
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Aparedez89 wrote:
dylansdad wrote:I really enjoyed Thor. Can't wait for the sequel this fall--really hope we get a Mondo poster.
I think we will see a poster and maybe mosses even though he said those were for the cast and crew!
Moss' print for the crew looked unreal.. I'd do shameful, unspeakable things to get one of those on my wall.
A Lannister always pays his debts.
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:41 pm

mcgraw23 wrote:
Aparedez89 wrote:
Moss' print for the crew looked unreal.. I'd do shameful, unspeakable things to get one of those on my wall.
:quesexclaim:

I don't want to know haha

Also wouldn't be surprised if ansin did a poster as well for Thor! :artist:
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Aparedez89 wrote:
I think we will see a poster but it will never be mosses because he said those were for the cast and crew!
Fixed
isunktheship
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Aparedez89 wrote:Also wouldn't be surprised if ansin did a poster as well for Thor! :artist:
I would be
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
SenseiMonkeyboy1
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:50 pm

While Anisn is my favorite, I would like to see a Stout Thor!
Just to kinda round 'em out with each having somewhat of a set.
With Ansin doing one for the upcoming Captain America Winter Soldier.

Checklist
Stout
Captain America TFA - Done
Iron Man 2 - Done
Avengers - Done
Thor Dark World - Pleazzze!

Ansin
Thor (For Avengers) - Done
Iron Man 3 - Done
Captain America Winter Soldier - Pleazzze!
Avengers 2 - Can dream right?
Last edited by SenseiMonkeyboy1 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reverend76
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:52 pm

jeter0204 wrote:
reverend76 wrote:MOS was the worst superhero movie ever made. A complete lack of understanding of the character, dour cinematography, and an unforgivable ending.
That's a bit harsh and untrue. I'll just drop a few movies that are far worse then MOS

1)DareDevil
2) Green Lantern
3)Electra
4) Catwoman
5)Batman and Robin
6) Superman Returns
7) Ang Lee's Hulk

Those 7 right there are far worse then MOS without a doubt. Maybe you should see more movies
I've seen my share, but thanks. And at least three of those on your list were better representations of their subject than MOS.
toobs
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 pm

FlapJack wrote:The Punisher movies were worthless and should be included on any list of crappy comic book adaptations.
war zone was pretty fuggin awesome
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
ForbinsAccent
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Moss - The Conjuring .

hidden messages galore .
ImageImage
xjmjx
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:08 pm

toobs wrote:
FlapJack wrote:The Punisher movies were worthless and should be included on any list of crappy comic book adaptations.
Agreed!
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:10 pm

ForbinsAccent wrote:Moss - The Conjuring .

hidden messages galore .
Would love if this happened! To good to pass up!
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:22 pm

toobs wrote:
I'm the opposite. I thought the Thomas Jane punisher film was great and Warzone sucked.

Did you see the Thomas Jane recent short?
My up to date trades and ISOs.
Jfwong
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:34 pm

1nkling wrote:
toobs wrote:
I'm the opposite. I thought the Thomas Jane punisher film was great and Warzone sucked.

Did you see the Thomas Jane recent short?
Pretty much despised the short and everything about it. Gratuitous, unnecessary violence, lack of any significance other than a gritty and explosive revenge. To me, a bloody showpiece with no redeeming qualities.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Might have appreciated that War Zone if it didn't have the Punisher name tagged to it.