Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:09 am

Jon1701 wrote:I went on a brewery/birthday jaunt the last 3 days and missed all the drama. SDCC&mondo= drama yes? or am I understating things in here lol

:P
zombiedictator wrote:everything mondo does is both the best improvement in anything ever and worse than the holocaust at the same time
But seriously. Some people bitched about the accurate leaks from punch, others appreciated it. Some bitched about the scheduled drops vs surprises, most seemed to like not wasting their time sitting in an area to buy a poster they might not even give a fudge about, etc.

So yeah, same fudge, different day, really. Just take a month worth of drop drama and compress it to 4 days.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 am

Breathe deep and chill. It's just ink and paper.

blog
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 am

Jon1701 wrote:I went on a brewery/birthday jaunt the last 3 days and missed all the drama. SDCC&mondo= drama yes? or am I understating things in here lol

Loose Lips Depress Mitch
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
lsmith55
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 am

PrintNoob87 wrote:Jesus drymount, they're just posters.
I literally cannot believe the stupid "leak" of information is still being discussed. Who gives a fudge?
Last edited by lsmith55 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 am

blog wrote:

Loose Lips Depress Mitch
:rolling:
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
summoner
Art Freak

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am

zombiedictator wrote:

zombiedictator wrote:everything mondo does is both the best improvement in anything ever and worse than the holocaust at the same time
But seriously. Some people bitched about the accurate leaks from punch, others appreciated it. Some bitched about the scheduled drops vs surprises, most seemed to like not wasting their time sitting in an area to buy a poster they might not even give a fudge about, etc.

So yeah, same fudge, different day, really. Just take a month worth of drop drama and compress it to 4 days.
From what I heard having the pre-sale was the best thing ever because it did just that, allow you to not have to hang out waiting for something to drop and miss out on everything else. Adding to that, the way the pre-sale was done was top notch as well. Requiring ID to pick up your print, forced a 1 per person purchase and cut out the whole online PBing thing. First time I can honestly say that Mondo made a great decision and executed it nicely.
Image Image Image
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am

Don't you have a baby to deliver?
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 am

lsmith55 wrote:
I literally cannot believe the stupid "leak" of information is still being discussed. Who gives a fudge?
We moved past caring about leaks and onto caring about opinions of leaks.

Yes, it's as sad as it looks.

So...timetable on SDCC leftovers drop? Maybe next week? Can't be this week, that'd be so soon...

Also, Edmiston show! Looks great so far, I know it's on another thread but it's still Mondo...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

summoner wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:

From what I heard having the pre-sale was the best thing ever because it did just that, allow you to not have to hang out waiting for something to drop and miss out on everything else. Adding to that, the way the pre-sale was done was top notch as well. Requiring ID to pick up your print, forced a 1 per person purchase and cut out the whole online PBing thing. First time I can honestly say that Mondo made a great decision and executed it nicely.
And from the sounds of it Mondo did it right this year with their scheduled drops and preorders. Reading through the SDCC thread where people were trying to get a t-shirt and getting screwed over because of line jumpers or wrong drop times sounds frustrating as all hell.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
OsironESP
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:45 am

yup!
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:52 am

lsmith55 wrote:
Apparently some people still do. :roll:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
toobs
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 am

I enjoyed SDCC way more this year then last. If the leaks were or weren't supposed to happen I don't care! It made my con more enjoyable.
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
swabie2424
Art Expert

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 am

toobs wrote:I enjoyed SDCC way more this year then last. If the leaks were or weren't supposed to happen I don't care! It made my con more enjoyable.
100% this. Great job handling the entire con, Mondo. Seriously... you drymounting nailed it!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
summoner
Art Freak

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 am

swabie2424 wrote:
toobs wrote:I enjoyed SDCC way more this year then last. If the leaks were or weren't supposed to happen I don't care! It made my con more enjoyable.
100% this. Great job handling the entire con, Mondo. Seriously... you drymounting nailed it!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mondo runs SDCC now? :shock:
Image Image Image
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:52 am

swabie2424 wrote:

Yeah, as a non-attendee I also appreciate the Moss regs and vinyl coming to us online. Seems like everything went alright outside of people on here having an opinion about leaks.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.