IMG_20130718_152208~01.jpg
skis007
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:16 am

punch wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
punch wrote:
Battnig 1.000 so far.
Well yes...it's easy to do when you have all the info ahead of time no? It's not like you're some great soothsayer. More impressive is the countless other people that had the same info that kept their mouths shut. :clap:
Fair enough, and you're 100% correct. I just saw no value in keeping mum when theres people's time and money involved at a major convention. If I'm a villian to all the "in the know" folks then so be it. I'll sleep fine at night. I just hope a few people were able to better plan their convention time and PB's. Not like any of these drops were surprises, they all have been announced well in advance of the actual release. I just gave people a day or two of extra lead time.

That .gif was more of a joke. Lighten up! It's just paper.
Respect.
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:18 am

skis007 wrote:
punch wrote:
Superfro33 wrote:
punch wrote:
Battnig 1.000 so far.
Well yes...it's easy to do when you have all the info ahead of time no? It's not like you're some great soothsayer. More impressive is the countless other people that had the same info that kept their mouths shut. :clap:
Fair enough, and you're 100% correct. I just saw no value in keeping mum when theres people's time and money involved at a major convention. If I'm a villian to all the "in the know" folks then so be it. I'll sleep fine at night. I just hope a few people were able to better plan their convention time and PB's. Not like any of these drops were surprises, they all have been announced well in advance of the actual release. I just gave people a day or two of extra lead time.

That .gif was more of a joke. Lighten up! It's just paper.

Respect.
While your intentions may be noble, and I have no reason to think otherwise, posting info like that on a public forum means that the info stream will be cutoff to keep it from happening in the future. You may not agree with it, but public leaks of info like that can affect peoples jobs, or relationships with artists or companies.
Last edited by MovieManJeff1012 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:27 am

We're never getting more Ghiblis now. :(
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:41 am

listerfeend wrote:
stebila25 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:Rumor has it that the only Tyler Stout at SDCC will be an OST not a print
Rumor has it that nobody on this thread has any idea what they are even talking about.

Except for Billy.
Incoming Billy G/Grandpa Simpson GIF. Don't disappoint Billy...

Better late than never?
ajcobb25
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:54 am

iambillyg wrote:
listerfeend wrote:
stebila25 wrote:
jeter0204 wrote:Rumor has it that the only Tyler Stout at SDCC will be an OST not a print
Rumor has it that nobody on this thread has any idea what they are even talking about.

Except for Billy.
Incoming Billy G/Grandpa Simpson GIF. Don't disappoint Billy...

Better late than never?
This thread has gotten so bad all I see from Billy is that gif.
Image Image
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:56 am

MovieManJeff1012 wrote:
While your intentions may be noble, and I have no reason to think otherwise, posting info like that on a public forum means that the info stream will be cutoff to keep it from happening in the future. You may not agree with it, but public leaks of info like that can affect peoples jobs, or relationships with artists or companies.
Disagree. This is Mondo, not Apple. Hell, even Justin has leaked upcoming stuff in conversations with fans. Same for Olly, Tyler, and countless other artists. Lets remember what we're dealing with - posters for movies. The info stream will not be cut off. It's not as serious as you think.
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:00 am

DickButt wrote:
MovieManJeff1012 wrote:
Disagree. This is Mondo, not Apple. Hell, even Justin has leaked upcoming stuff in conversations with fans. Same for Olly, Tyler, and countless other artists. Lets remember what we're dealing with - posters for movies. The info stream will not be cut off. It's not as serious as you think.
Not pointing any fingers at all, but usually the people that are most upset are the ones that are privy to this type of information and are getting upset because the cat has been let out of the proverbial bag, and now EVERYONE knows... It is more that they are upset that now the edge they thought they had on everyone else is now gone, and the playing field is leveled. :pint:
Image Image Image
omgkitty
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:12 am

Are we still talking about movie posters? :roll:
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:13 am

You Betz-ler
That's what she said
mobius006
Art Freak

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:18 am

omgkitty wrote:Are we still talking about movie posters? :roll:
I think its who has the thickest poster tube or something along those lines. I got list at apple :pint:
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:00 am

cutterbutter wrote:We're never getting more Ghiblis now. :(
Reasoning?
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:22 am

MalachiConstant wrote:
cutterbutter wrote:We're never getting more Ghiblis now. :(
Reasoning?
-
I don't think punch being a nong this week will actually change anything. I do think it was pretty lame and took some of the fun and anticipation out of SDCC for a casual observer like myself.
choke
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:25 am

Word from Justin is mondo is shutting down the entire operation because we all found out about the jock thing print three days before it was announced.
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:28 am

In the grander scheme of things...who cares?