Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
vomit
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:36 am

This has me excited for future comic prints by Mondo. I know Francavilla created, and i would assume owns, the rights to The Black Beetle. Still
This print is so good. Sucks I can't get the variant.
Vonschinkel
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 am

I find it interesting that the variant is exclusive to the convention while the regular will be online. Perhaps this means a change for the way SDCC prints are handled or is that just wishful thinking? Have they handled it this way at other conventions other than just selling the leftovers on their site?

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/06/0 ... ancavilla/
shenphong
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:41 am

great poster. surprisingly this advice was given along with saying to follow the twitter. actually some sound advice, good job comics alliance.
Your window of opportunity could be as small as a matter of minutes, so prodigious refreshing is definitely be in order.
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:43 am

Vonschinkel wrote:I find it interesting that the variant is exclusive to the convention while the regular will be online. Perhaps this means a change for the way SDCC prints are handled or is that just wishful thinking? Have they handled it this way at other conventions other than just selling the leftovers on their site?

The only similar example I can think of is Moss's Dark Knight Rises
questkid32
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:45 am

vomit wrote:This has me excited for future comic prints by Mondo. I know Francavilla created, and i would assume owns, the rights to The Black Beetle. Still
This print is so good. Sucks I can't get the variant.
I agree. This is an awesome poster and has me wanting to pick up the comic now, to check it out. That said, it would be great to see them start dipping into more comic territory like this on rare occasion.

I think that for the first time I genuinely don't care whether I get the reg or variant. The squiggly lines in the background don't pop for me, so the reg will be just fine, should I decide to buy this… but I'm trying to be good and have never read the book, so this should probably be a pass for me.

Congrats to those going to the show this weekend who will be able to score one.

Here's to hoping for Superman next week!
BKBroiler
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:49 am

Vonschinkel wrote:I find it interesting that the variant is exclusive to the convention while the regular will be online. Perhaps this means a change for the way SDCC prints are handled or is that just wishful thinking? Have they handled it this way at other conventions other than just selling the leftovers on their site?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Since SDCC 2011 (Eric Tan's Capt America was the only true exclusive), I can only think of Olly's TDKR variant at SDCC last year where the variant was the exclusive at a con and the regular was released on the site.
blog
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:53 am

very nice work by FF.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
actorinthisplay
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:59 am

Everything last year was exclusive to Comic Con except the reg Moss - TDKR.

The previous year the Stout Capt America was sold online only. I believe everything else was exclusive.

I agree that the variants should be exclusive to the event but the regs should be sold online. That way everyone wins.
YORKSHIREpuddin
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Maybe as Francavilla owns the rights to the character the deal was he get the variants to sell then Mondo sells the regular on their site. Mondo do not have a booth at this convention like they will have at SDCC.
Aparedez89
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:03 pm

questkid32 wrote:I just want an Ansin or Stout Skyfall and a cool Man of Steel print. I'd even be okay with a PCC MoS so long as it's cool.

This!! Up above would be amazin
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:09 pm

actorinthisplay wrote:

Everything last year was exclusive to Comic Con except the reg Moss - TDKR.

The previous year the Stout Capt America was sold online only. I believe everything else was exclusive.

I agree that the variants should be exclusive to the event but the regs should be sold online. That way everyone wins.
This times a thousand.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 pm

BKBroiler wrote:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Since SDCC 2011 (Eric Tan's Capt America was the only true exclusive), I can only think of Olly's TDKR variant at SDCC last year where the variant was the exclusive at a con and the regular was released on the site.
Kevin Tong's Invisible Man, Ansin's POTA wood, Ansin's Mummy Wood, & Daniel Danger's Star Trek:TMP, I believe.
questkid32
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:00 pm

PorkBelly wrote:
BKBroiler wrote:

Kevin Tong's Invisible Man, Ansin's POTA wood, Ansin's Mummy Wood, & Daniel Danger's Star Trek:TMP, I believe.
So SDCC prints do make it to online drops?
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:01 pm

questkid32 wrote:
PorkBelly wrote:
BKBroiler wrote:

scraps.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
questkid32
Art Expert

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:03 pm

questkid32 wrote:
PorkBelly wrote:
BKBroiler wrote:

scraps.