Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
punch
Art Expert

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:11 pm

tehhippy wrote:Anyone else get their Argo in? Holy tons of Metallica Batman! So sparkly! :drool:
pics?!
Danny4342
Art Expert

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:13 pm

tehhippy wrote:Anyone else get their Argo in? Holy tons of Metallica Batman! So sparkly! :drool:
Still waiting...sounds like it's worth the wait though!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
christoffergaddini
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:19 pm

dylansdad wrote:
captainhavoc wrote:Drive won over Brazil?

:lame:
I love Taylor, but Brazil is my #1 Mondo poster of all time. It's nice to know that the entire six months of voting became relatively inconsequential to me after the first week, lol.
Dude I totally agree, I'm so glad the price hasn't sky rocketed on Brazil. I finally got one and I can't wait to see it in person.
Interested in the entertainment industry? Check out http://dlreporter.com
austinative
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Here are some I snapped real quick. I'm just a dude with a little shitty digital canon so if they suck don't talk fudge. Or do. Whatever.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Wow. Wish some of that was included in the Dune print. Looks tasty.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
FlapJack
Art Expert

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:35 pm

I was surprised to see some of Ansin's weaker efforts advance while some of (what i thought were) his better one's did not. ... must have been the matchups i guess.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I think that subject matter can trump print quality in the voting. People who have never seen Brazil are not as likely to vote for that one.

You could argue with me that Taylor's Halloween is better than his 20K Leagues, but I prefer the latter movie and so it would get my vote if they were up against each other. I don't think Taylor's Drive is a better poster than Ansin's Brazil, but I can see Drive being a more popular movie. That impacts the voting.
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:47 pm

dylansdad wrote:I think that subject matter can trump print quality in the voting. People who have never seen Brazil are not as likely to vote for that one.

You could argue with me that Taylor's Halloween is better than his 20K Leagues, but I prefer the latter movie and so it would get my vote if they were up against each other. I don't think Taylor's Drive is a better poster than Ansin's Brazil, but I can see Drive being a more popular movie. That impacts the voting.
Brazil is such a great movie and it is one of the top Mondo posters ever imo
Just a dude collecting paper
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:47 pm

dylansdad wrote:I think that subject matter can trump print quality in the voting. People who have never seen Brazil are not as likely to vote for that one.

This, especially if the difference in quality between two pieces (relative to your personal tastes) is a toss-up. I thought the Brazil print was beautiful, but it's not like Taylor's Drive was crap on a stick. The difference in votes was 78, one of the tighter races that occurred.

Given how many prints are sold from Mondo and the amount of people who miss out on 700 print runs (admittedly, subtracting the amount of flippers out there, but look at Moss TDKR having a 9000 print run), there are probably at least 100 more people out there who probably have an opinion but just didn't vote.

I feel like EB should hold its own voting Mondo vote now. With blackjack. And hookers.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
whippet
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Liking that Argo even more judging by those pics :clap:
beggar13
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:07 pm

darkturkish wrote:

Brazil is such a great movie and it is one of the top Mondo posters ever imo
People should be voting on their preference in the art as opposed to what film they like better. I have never seen Brazil, but I don't have to stare at both prints long to determine that it is the print I am drawn to more (and Drive was my second favorite film of 2011).
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:12 pm

ChrisV wrote:If Taylor's Halloween or Horkey's Return of the King doesn't win, then something went wrong.
Yeah really Halloween all the way
sigma722
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Had a good time last night at the AoD screening. Met a couple of you.. uhh, sort of I guess? Some people commented on the shirt I was wearing:

It's actually designed by a buddy of mine, Drew Wise, and can be purchased here:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/drewwis ... ideo-games
ImageImage
beggar13
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Could you guys take a look at the preliminary 2011 Mondo bracket and let me know if there's any prints missing that you think should be in there, and if so, what print should come off the bracket to make room for it? Thanks!

dylansdad
Art Expert

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Horkey's True Grit was originally a December 2010 release. The wood variant was eventually released in 2011. So I'd pull that one and save it for 2010, and replace it with something like Chris Ware's Uncle Boonmee.