Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
lordhelmet
Art Expert

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Oh man mondo just emailed me and said that when I emailed them about the piece
that they pulled it off the shelf for me to hold.so,thinking they were all gone from the stack
they thought it was sold out but it's not and they are gonna send it. Wow that's so cool of them.
I'm or relieved they are awesome. That's one piece that I just really like.
Badbutch
Art Expert

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:40 pm

RottenAtom wrote:I would love to see Rich Kelly do something with Bogart. Maybe The Maltese Falcon or The Big Sleep. The African Queen would be pretty cool too. Or Treasure of the Sierra Madre...

Also Olly Moss Three Colors Trilogy please
The thought of any of these gets the blood flowing to my nether regions. I like the way you think, man.
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
futureman
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Badbutch wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:I would love to see Rich Kelly do something with Bogart. Maybe The Maltese Falcon or The Big Sleep. The African Queen would be pretty cool too. Or Treasure of the Sierra Madre...

The thought of any of these gets the blood flowing to my nether regions. I like the way you think, man.
I would love to see an Olly Moss The Maltese Falcon :drool:
Bickel

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:43 pm

lordhelmet wrote:Oh man mondo just emailed me and said that when I emailed them about the piece
that they pulled it off the shelf for me to hold.so,thinking they were all gone from the stack
they thought it was sold out but it's not and they are gonna send it. Wow that's so cool of them.
I'm or relieved they are awesome. That's one piece that I just really like.
:clap:
ForSatori1919
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Glad we got the ball rolling on this. If Mondo doesn't make this happen let's just pool cash and commission someone to do some for us!

Films I'd love to see some prints for would be Seventh Seal, Hour of the Wolf, Ran, Modern Times, Casablanca, The Passion of Joan of Arc, Once Upon a TIme in the West, 12 Angry Men, Manhattan, Annie Hall, and not an old classic, but David Lynch needs more prints damnit!!!
omgkitty
Art Expert

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:57 pm

ForSatori1919 wrote:Glad we got the ball rolling on this. If Mondo doesn't make this happen let's just pool cash and commission someone to do some for us!

Films I'd love to see some prints for would be Seventh Seal, Hour of the Wolf, Ran, Modern Times, Casablanca, The Passion of Joan of Arc, Once Upon a TIme in the West, 12 Angry Men, Manhattan, Annie Hall, and not an old classic, but David Lynch needs more prints damnit!!!
I own this for Modern Times:

Done by the same guy who did this:

Danny4342
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:04 am

Badbutch wrote:

A Three Colours set would be awesome...Think I'd prefer someone like Taylor to handle them though...the essence of the films is in the women's stories (Jacob, Delpy, Binoche). I'd like to see their likenesses, which Olly's more abstract style doesn't really lend itself to...

Some old school Noir would also be cool - a badass Third Man perhaps?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image
Danny4342
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:07 am

ForSatori1919 wrote:Glad we got the ball rolling on this. If Mondo doesn't make this happen let's just pool cash and commission someone to do some for us!

And I would love to see Daniel Danger tackle Twin Peaks - I was reading the Lynch article in Empire this morning and thinking how perfect he'd be for a black lodge print in the woods...silhouette of Killer Bob behind a tree, the owl, red drapes with a hint of the zig-zag flooring peeking out...
ForSatori1919
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:16 am

Also could we get some Terrence Mallick prints please?!
listerfeend
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 am

ForSatori1919 wrote:Also could we get some Terrence Mallick prints please?!
Jay Shaw - 'The Thin Red Line'

Please.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:34 am

listerfeend wrote:

Please.
How about a Jay Shaw Kubrick series? Also, where the hell is Jay lately? Does he not love us any more? :cry:
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:38 am

omgkitty wrote:
listerfeend wrote:

Please.
How about a Jay Shaw Kubrick series? Also, where the hell is Jay lately? Does he not love us any more? :cry:
Love you like a rainbow, just busy...

... on that Kubrick series.
omgkitty
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:40 am

ironjaiden wrote:
omgkitty wrote:
listerfeend wrote:

Please.
Love you like a rainbow, just busy...

... on that Kubrick series.

Please don't be lying!!!!
ForSatori1919
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 am

Danny4342 wrote:

And I would love to see Daniel Danger tackle Twin Peaks - I was reading the Lynch article in Empire this morning and thinking how perfect he'd be for a black lodge print in the woods...silhouette of Killer Bob behind a tree, the owl, red drapes with a hint of the zig-zag flooring peeking out...
Danger on Twin Peaks would be incredible.
Jay Shaw might be good for Thin Red Line but I feel like someone like JC RIchard doing a Mallick print sounds interesting. I'd like Jay on some Lynch stuff like Eraserhead. Or Hitchcock's Vertigo!
Francavilla or Bertmer on Hour of the Wolf.
Rich Kelly or Whalen on Chaplin
Ansin or Horkey on the Seventh Seal
Tyler Stout on Magnolia
Killian Eng on 2001 A Space Odyssey
Durieux on Casablanca
Jock on the Maltese Falcon or 12 Angry Men
Ken Taylor on the Birds

aaaaaand that's all I have right now.
Danny4342
Art Expert

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 am

ForSatori1919 wrote:
Danny4342 wrote:

Danger on Twin Peaks would be incredible.
Jay Shaw might be good for Thin Red Line but I feel like someone like JC RIchard doing a Mallick print sounds interesting. I'd like Jay on some Lynch stuff like Eraserhead. Or Hitchcock's Vertigo!
Francavilla or Bertmer on Hour of the Wolf.
Rich Kelly or Whalen on Chaplin
Ansin or Horkey on the Seventh Seal
Tyler Stout on Magnolia
Killian Eng on 2001 A Space Odyssey
Durieux on Casablanca
Jock on the Maltese Falcon or 12 Angry Men
Ken Taylor on the Birds

aaaaaand that's all I have right now.
Durieux on Casablanca would be :drool: