Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert
Posts: 2345
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:45 am
Location: Beantown, MA

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Nicodemus317 wrote:Stupid newbie question: someone said that any leftovers from the Mondo Stout/Taylor show would be dropped online at some point, even that the variants that "sold out" at the show had some stock held back for a drop. Is this true or just a malicious rumor meant to break my heart?
There should be a drop of whatever isn't sold out. Would not bank on any being held back.
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
User avatar
RiotAct
EB Trainee
Posts: 17566
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Jon1701 wrote:
Nicodemus317 wrote:Stupid newbie question: someone said that any leftovers from the Mondo Stout/Taylor show would be dropped online at some point, even that the variants that "sold out" at the show had some stock held back for a drop. Is this true or just a malicious rumor meant to break my heart?

Anything sold out will not be online via mondo. Stout will have a lotto for his portion of all prints though.
... except 'Un Prophete', apparently.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
User avatar
Nicodemus317
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Is there a list somewhere of what wasn't sold out? I've been on the hunt for a Metropolis variant but would settle for a reg at cost if they drop :)
User avatar
TKuczynski
Art Expert
Posts: 1912
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 am

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Nicodemus317 wrote:Is there a list somewhere of what wasn't sold out? I've been on the hunt for a Metropolis variant but would settle for a reg at cost if they drop :)
Nobody seems to have a strong enough grasp to say with any certainty what has sold out and what hasn't.
User avatar
iambillyg
Art Freak
Posts: 10389
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Confirmed: Taxis will not be tubed tonight.
User avatar
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert
Posts: 1350
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:14 am
Location: Bay Area, CA

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm

TKuczynski wrote:
Nicodemus317 wrote:Is there a list somewhere of what wasn't sold out? I've been on the hunt for a Metropolis variant but would settle for a reg at cost if they drop :)
Nobody seems to have a strong enough grasp to say with any certainty what has sold out and what hasn't.
I got some vague estimates in the show thread, but yeah, still not sure.

A buddy of mine should be at the gallery in about an hour, though, so hopefully I find out soon enough.
Image
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18446
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:27 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Good to see Austin getting more event love...its been literally days since the last fun Mondo thing.
:lol:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert
Posts: 4458
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:26 pm
Location: Southsea, UK

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Have fun tonight Bro's!
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18446
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm

iambillyg wrote:Confirmed: Taxis will not be tubed tonight.
Thanks for finding out. :clap:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
bdm105
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: Florida

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:38 pm

game of thrones on sale info eta 1 hour?? hoping for an awesome horkey i just am trying to guess of what? the iron throne maybe or a sigil? awesome lettering for sure though
User avatar
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert
Posts: 5589
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:40 pm

bdm105 wrote:game of thrones on sale info eta 1 hour?? hoping for an awesome horkey i just am trying to guess of what? the iron throne maybe or a sigil? awesome lettering for sure though
Like someone else said I think they would save Horkey for last..but you never know!
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:39 am

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote: Like someone else said I think they would save Horkey for last..but you never know!
Hope so, just blew Horkey cash on the Olly Life Wasted that fell today.
User avatar
omgkitty
Art Expert
Posts: 6067
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm

WhoLikesRingo wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote: Like someone else said I think they would save Horkey for last..but you never know!
Hope so, just blew Horkey cash on the Olly Life Wasted that fell today.
HenryLeconte
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:58 pm

first post here.
you say the lobby at the ritz is small - does that mean it won't be possible to buy a tube either?
User avatar
binky79
Art Expert
Posts: 6354
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:15 pm
Location: DFW burbs

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Pretty cool Rob Jones interview up over at Nerd Locker.

http://www.nerdlocker.com/nerd-art/nerd ... -rob-jones
Locked