Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert
Posts: 5589
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Rmazzarachio wrote:How about a Dark Knight Rises print for the snubbed category?
I thought Dark Knight was better by a mile...and I'm not even a huge fan of that one either besides Heath Ledgers incredible version of Joker. Christian Bale as Batman= :vomit: for me.
User avatar
revmod
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Edmonton

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:38 pm

technique wrote:Here is a specific time breakdown from deadline.com in Pacific Time of when each category will be presented tonight.
Given the cerermony's reputation for an inability to stick to schedule, I think adding the second-count to each of those times can only be described as hubris. Now I'm expecting at least a 45-minute overrun.
Drink like nobody's watching.
DrewJ

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Celsius wrote:
choke wrote:Was Prometheus nominated for anything?
Worst screenplay. Worst acting in the razzies.
No it wasn't.
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
Posts: 6966
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:39 pm

revmod wrote:
technique wrote:Here is a specific time breakdown from deadline.com in Pacific Time of when each category will be presented tonight.
Given the cerermony's reputation for an inability to stick to schedule, I think adding the second-count to each of those times can only be described as hubris. Now I'm expecting at least a 45-minute overrun.
Glad I have to be up at 3am est for work :hanging:
User avatar
Rmazzarachio
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:45 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Rmazzarachio wrote:How about a Dark Knight Rises print for the snubbed category?
I thought Dark Knight was better by a mile...and I'm not even a huge fan of that one either besides Heath Ledgers incredible version of Joker. Christian Bale as Batman= :vomit: for me.

I agree, Dark Knight is the best of the franchise, doesn't mean the film alone or Hardy's performance wasn't nomination worthy.
User avatar
alteridiom
Art Expert
Posts: 5331
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am
Location: Tennessee

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Just got back from Silver Linings. What a fantastic, emotionally complicated film.
Small town pizza lawyer
User avatar
ohkay
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Rmazzarachio wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Rmazzarachio wrote:How about a Dark Knight Rises print for the snubbed category?
I thought Dark Knight was better by a mile...and I'm not even a huge fan of that one either besides Heath Ledgers incredible version of Joker. Christian Bale as Batman= :vomit: for me.

I agree, Dark Knight is the best of the franchise, doesn't mean the film alone or Hardy's performance wasn't nomination worthy.
There were much better movies/actors that were snubbed IMO
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7166
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 pm

The Nolan films looked good visually, but Bale was miscast, and Nolan didn't really have a grip on the character.

Flame on.
rockraines30
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:54 pm

I'll be trying tonight, but I was wondering if I can get a PB for the Les Mis poster tonight. I'm such a huge fan of Olly Moss work, I have his Dark Knight Rises, Rogues Gallery and Black Widow poster. So I'm hoping someone can get me one if I don't, let me know which ones you are interested in and I will try and help. Thanks, PM me or message me!
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
Posts: 6966
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:55 pm

DKR was ok but nowhere near a best picture contender or any of the other main categories.
DrewJ

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:00 pm

I can help with a Les Mis if you can help with any of the below.

Django
Prometheus
The Master
Moonrise Kingdom
User avatar
cabernathy351
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:27 am

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Scares me to think that anyone thinks that DKR should be nominated for anything outside of technical awards.
User avatar
jeter0204
Art Expert
Posts: 5548
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 am
Location: Frisco, TX
Contact:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Jesus, the noobs are coming out tonight. I just glanced over the past few pages and saw more request for PB by people I have never seen on here before then ever. This event is looking like it is bringing everyone and their moms out..... Good luck noobs, the odds are not in your favor :twisted:
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
User avatar
revmod
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Edmonton

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:14 pm

alteridiom wrote:Just got back from Silver Linings. What a fantastic, emotionally complicated film.
That's what I keep saying! I can't believe how many people want to write it off as a silly rom-com. If I were a Academy voting member (and I'm still three shy of seeing all the nominees), this one would have been my pick - for certain over Argo and Lincoln.
Drink like nobody's watching.
User avatar
Rmazzarachio
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 pm

cabernathy351 wrote:Scares me to think that anyone thinks that DKR should be nominated for anything outside of technical awards.
:lol:
DKR wasn't nominated for any of those either.
Locked