Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
yesterday
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 am

fourthstooge wrote:Off topic...but I was looking at posters a flipper had on eBay and came across this. $774.99 WTF: eBay 261063531367

It's awesome.
Image Image
charter
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:33 am

Idk who would pay $700 for a waffle with a few cut out squares. That is literally something anyone could do.
questkid32
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:34 am

fourthstooge wrote:Off topic...but I was looking at posters a flipper had on eBay and came across this. $774.99 WTF: eBay 261063531367

One more little waffle square on top and it's a "Mario's Castle" variant.
yesterday
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 am

Yeah I don't know who'd pay more than $200 for a piece of paper with an image on it when you could just look at it on a screen or print a small one off.
Image Image
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:51 am

questkid32 wrote:

One more little waffle square on top and it's a "Mario's Castle" variant.
OK, so I found more on it. These went for £300 each. Here's a link to them. http://www.lazinc.com/mailing-list/mail ... te-hawkins I guess I'm limited in what art I like. It's cool, but wow...not THAT cool.

I'm thinking I may have to do 8 bit Adventure Time sculptures in Eggo waffles now!
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 am

fourthstooge wrote:I'm thinking I may have to do 8 bit Adventure Time sculptures in Eggo waffles now!
At least you can eat them when they don't sell. :wink:
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:57 am

captainhavoc wrote:
fourthstooge wrote:I'm thinking I may have to do 8 bit Adventure Time sculptures in Eggo waffles now!
At least you can eat them when they don't sell. :wink:
EXACTLY...the voice of reason. My wife just told me it was a stupid idea.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
sugarhiccup
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:08 am

If anyone's heading over to the flat file sale tomorrow and happens to see a Stout Captain America, I'd be happy to reimburse and throw in some extra cash.
1xRun Timed Print Releases Invite - http://1xrun.com/invite/isabelxhsu
jeter0204
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 am

i'M VERY DRUNK SO DON'T TAKE OFFENSE TO ANYTHING I say.....

But you people hoping for something that is almost a year old or older in the flat file are smoking crack. Even if you are new to this, there was just a flat file sale back on November 10th. There is no chance in hell some of these prints people are hoping for will be in there, as they were in the prior 2-3 Mr. Red sales. I know I said I hoped there would be a Stout Avenger's but that was more of a joke since I know it won't be there. I hate to bust bubbles but if you are planning on standing in line in hope of one of these elusive print's you are crazy. You're best bet is there will be some random SDCC AND NYCC prints (mimic, Iron Giant, Phantasm, LOTR) along with some of the UM and WBYK stuff. Maybe there will be a few LOTR Moss prints and maybe one or two Stout RD's but I wouldn't expect more than that.

Where is my buddy dsanacore at? I'm now at his level and ready to talk about the giant birds people fly on.
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:01 am

jeter0204 wrote:i'M VERY DRUNK SO DON'T TAKE OFFENSE TO ANYTHING I say.....

But you people hoping for something that is almost a year old or older in the flat file are smoking crack. Even if you are new to this, there was just a flat file sale back on November 10th. There is no chance in hell some of these prints people are hoping for will be in there, as they were in the prior 2-3 Mr. Red sales. I know I said I hoped there would be a Stout Avenger's but that was more of a joke since I know it won't be there. I hate to bust bubbles but if you are planning on standing in line in hope of one of these elusive print's you are crazy. You're best bet is there will be some random SDCC AND NYCC prints (mimic, Iron Giant, Phantasm, LOTR) along with some of the UM and WBYK stuff. Maybe there will be a few LOTR Moss prints and maybe one or two Stout RD's but I wouldn't expect more than that.

Where is my buddy dsanacore at? I'm now at his level and ready to talk about the giant birds people fly on.
So no Totoro variant?!?!?!?!

:wink:
Image ImageImage
jeter0204
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:02 am

TopHatZombies wrote:

So no Totoro varaint?!?!?!?!

:wink:
No that will def. be there, it's only 41 degrees in Austin right now so go get in line :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ImageImageImage
danieldanger wrote: "...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOUT. WHY WASNT IT STOUT? MY GOD PEOPLE, WE COULD BE HOLDING STOUT POSTERS RIGHT NOW."
redbrew
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 am

And I thought I was bad. :pint:
Edit: spelling and generally incorrect words

I am not a gamer
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:04 am

jeter0204 wrote:No that will def. be there, it's only 41 degrees in Austin right now so go get in line :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Excellent! I'll just start driving now and be there in about 2 1/2 days, hopefully they'll hold it for me!
Image ImageImage
hongkongcavaliers
Art Expert

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:04 am

I hope the Flat File Police put a Stout Avengers in there.
ImageImageImage
GrownOcean
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:07 am

I'll assume that thing is overflowing with 8bit Finn and Jake, Jay Shaw's, and WBYK :-( At least that kind of thinking will help me not feel so left out..