blog wrote:I've been thinking about this

Image Image Image

Too much KB for one wall?
That's pretty spectacular.
ImageImageImage
Dfa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:29 am

The detailed shots of this make it look pretty great. But, in the lower right corner, with Mr White pointing the gun at the cop car kind of throws me off. I thought in the movie he had two guns, but here he has one. Also, the size of cop car looks so much bigger than him. Or, maybe, it's just part of the composition, and him and the car are two individual elements of it. Even with that, the perspective/size of it is throwing me off.

It still looks great, I don't know if I'm in the minority with this, but I think Stout's style fits better with landscape.
opence
Art Expert

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:30 am

I bet they would work with more space between them
Harry Dunn wrote:OK gang, you know the rules, no humping, no licking, no sniffing hineys.
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:47 am

tehhippy wrote:I don't get the IB love. It's good, but for my money, not in the ballpark with KB or (now) RD.
Simple put ... it's about the movie.

The FP is a kick ass poster ... for what looks to be a terrible, terrible movie.

Admit I haven't see The FP, but the trailer alone lets me know it is no where near the quality of Inglourious Basterds.

Do I wish Tyler saw the movie before doing the IB poster? Yes.

Would I give my IB print up? Absofugginlutely not.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:50 am

Dfa wrote:The detailed shots of this make it look pretty great. But, in the lower right corner, with Mr White pointing the gun at the cop car kind of throws me off. I thought in the movie he had two guns, but here he has one.
I don't think that's meant to be a whole scene. White does have two guns pointed at the cop car in the movie (if memory serves) but the shot referenced there is this one:

fredo
Art God

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:51 am

That FP poster is so ugly yo momma* thought it was a mirror!

*Not your mom, Jon.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Dfa
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:57 am

ironjaiden wrote:
Dfa wrote:The detailed shots of this make it look pretty great. But, in the lower right corner, with Mr White pointing the gun at the cop car kind of throws me off. I thought in the movie he had two guns, but here he has one.
I don't think that's meant to be a whole scene. White does have two guns pointed at the cop car in the movie (if memory serves) but the shot referenced there is this one:

Ah yeah, forgot about that pose. You're definitely right that it is not the scene with him pointing at the cop car. The composition just seems a little awkward there.

I'm loving the thing and silver surfer cameos in the background though.
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 am

fredo wrote:That FP poster is so ugly yo momma* thought it was a mirror!

*Not your mom, Jon.
Ha!!! It's actually a good looking print in person.

How bad were you sweating out that Pats v Jets game this past weekend.

I was in Vegas and bet the over ... so ... got the best of both worlds on that one
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
fredo
Art God

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:07 am

I actually like the print. It's so ugly it came back around again.
The Pats...they are not dull.
You may have won money, but I was in a bar near a 20-something couple in Jets gear. Tears and abrupt silence = 24K solid gold.
just a foil for me today, thanks
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:07 am

TopHatZombies wrote:PHOTOS!!!!!! Image
I decided to modify this one a bit, just to clean up the colors to try to provide a more (what I assume) accurate depiction of the piece. Mean no disrespect at all towards TopHat. His pictures are great. I just wanted to do some post on this to get a better idea of how it looked.

I did an auto-level, sharpen, and then modified some of the colors (reds, blacks, whites, yellow), to show how it, more than likely, looks in person. Again, I haven't seen it, as I wasn't at the screening, but this is just an assumption based on me having his Kill Bill and Inglourious Basterds.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8055/8119 ... 4c40_k.jpg

Reds are oversaturated a bit, but still is a bit more clear than what has been posted.
Jon1701
Art Expert

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:09 am

fredo wrote:That FP poster is so ugly yo momma* thought it was a mirror!

*Not your mom, Jon.

:? :o

I like it, the composition is a little too haphazard tho
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
Creation88
Art Expert

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:14 am

iambillyg wrote:
TopHatZombies wrote:PHOTOS!!!!!! Image
I decided to modify this one a bit, just to clean up the colors to try to provide a more (what I assume) accurate depiction of the piece. Mean no disrespect at all towards TopHat. His pictures are great. I just wanted to do some post on this to get a better idea of how it looked.

I did an auto-level, sharpen, and then modified some of the colors (reds, blacks, whites, yellow), to show how it, more than likely, looks in person. Again, I haven't seen it, as I wasn't at the screening, but this is just an assumption based on me having his Kill Bill and Inglourious Basterds.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8055/8119 ... 4c40_k.jpg

Reds are oversaturated a bit, but still is a bit more clear than what has been posted.
:drool:
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:18 am

fredo wrote:I actually like the print. It's so ugly it came back around again.
The Pats...they are not dull.
You may have won money, but I was in a bar near a 20-something couple in Jets gear. Tears and abrupt silence = 24K solid gold.
Just End The Season

Print looks great, good idea to go landscape with the film and will enjoy putting this on the wall (hopefully)...although another one added to the backlog of anticipated drops
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 am

Boy I Love Losing... umm cool Stout

GO BILLS!
That's what she said
Comfortably_Dumb
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:26 am

Not sure if this is of any interest:

http://magicstoneproductions.bigcartel. ... ry/posters

I saw The American Scream last weekend and wanted to track down the poster. Film was made by the guys that did Best Worst Movie, and they have copies of both Stout prints for sale in their shop.
Image Image Image