Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
hongkongcavaliers
Art Expert

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:07 pm

phubar2 wrote:Where's the Dr Scott interview? Can't seem to find the link.

Linky please?
http://collider.com/author/scott-wampler/
ImageImageImage
Superfro33
Art Expert

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 pm

charter wrote:I nabbed an extra Smith and Harvey on Saturday. Smith is already spoken for. If you want Harvey, only people that have been here for 6+ months, have contributed to EB, and have more than 300 posts. If I don't reply to you sorry...I bet I get a ton of pm's.
Thanks for the hookup Charter! And thanks even more for not listening to everybody else's "help". 8) :clap: :pint:
phubar2
Art Expert

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:09 pm

hongkongcavaliers wrote:
phubar2 wrote:Where's the Dr Scott interview? Can't seem to find the link.

Linky please?
http://collider.com/author/scott-wampler/

Grassy ass.

I saw that link, didn't realize Scott was with Collider.
rockbridge
Art Expert

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 pm

emac wrote:From what a little birdie just told me, there is 1 copy of Mr Smith left at the pop-up. There's an outside chance there are actually 2, but I think it's just 1.

Also 2 full flat file drawers of Loopers (one for gold and one for silver), plus around a 6" stack of one or both color ways on top of the file.

This has been your Mondo stock report.
I noticed Moe held back the first 30 prints in these new releases. I was first in on Friday at noon when they released the Looper prints and I got #31 on both. Later in the day my buddy and I were first in for the Moss releases and the same thing #31 was the first print on Harvey and Mr. Smith. Maybe they are saving some for online or a future vault sale?
hongkongcavaliers
Art Expert

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:12 pm

rockbridge wrote:
emac wrote:From what a little birdie just told me, there is 1 copy of Mr Smith left at the pop-up. There's an outside chance there are actually 2, but I think it's just 1.

Also 2 full flat file drawers of Loopers (one for gold and one for silver), plus around a 6" stack of one or both color ways on top of the file.

I noticed Moe held back the first 30 prints in these new releases. I was first in on Friday at noon when they released the Looper prints and I got #31 on both. Later in the day my buddy and I were first in for the Moss releases and the same thing #31 was the first print on Harvey and Mr. Smith. Maybe they are saving some for online or a future vault sale?
I've been told that they almost always hold the first 20 or so for a live drop. My buddy was first in line at the Goonies and got 21...
ImageImageImage
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:40 am

Looper was amazing, really happy to have that print now. I wish Mondo had done a print for Holy Motors, that is a crazy movie that is ripe for a cool print. The festival has been a blast and it has been great seeing some EBers here.
Jon1701
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:25 am

rockbridge wrote:

Mondo and alamo staff get some, movie related people too. They got Dredds and Loopers signed for the respective artists by cast and crew for instance.
Sure dredds n loopers will get online tho
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:27 am

Jon1701 wrote:
rockbridge wrote:

Mondo and alamo staff get some, movie related people too. They got Dredds and Loopers signed for the respective artists by cast and crew for instance.
Sure dredds n loopers will get online tho
I always wondered if they have a vault or stash in the back somewhere of all the #1s from every print they have sold... like the LEGO vault at the factory in Billund, Denmark.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 am

starkdesign wrote:I always wondered if they have a vault or stash in the back somewhere of all the #1s from every print they have sold... like the LEGO vault at the factory in Billund, Denmark.
If it's a print from a Gallery event, the #1's are the ones that are framed and sold in a frame, or at least they have been. At the pop-up shop I saw that the Looper (gold and silver) were framed and were numbered 1 respectively.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:35 am

iambillyg wrote:
starkdesign wrote:I always wondered if they have a vault or stash in the back somewhere of all the #1s from every print they have sold... like the LEGO vault at the factory in Billund, Denmark.
If it's a print from a Gallery event, the #1's are the ones that are framed and sold in a frame, or at least they have been. At the pop-up shop I saw that the Looper (gold and silver) were framed and were numbered 1 respectively.
Wellllll...it's actually the last # of the run that is usually sold framed. The framed Loopers are probably an exception to the rule since they were not being sold at the event.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:37 am

didnt Justin mention a while back that he keeps all the #1s? That must be a fun collection to look at.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:46 am

acidburn wrote:didnt Justin mention a while back that he keeps all the #1s? That must be a fun collection to look at.
Would LOVE to see that. That would be an AWESOME gallery retrospective show, very high profile prints to see! :drool:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
Badbutch
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 am

acidburn wrote:didnt Justin mention a while back that he keeps all the #1s? That must be a fun collection to look at.
I'm not sure that he does. Last year at Comic-Con I was buying a #1 print and Rob Jones told me I was lucky because the 1s usually go to the artist.
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
omgkitty
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:57 am

starkdesign wrote:
Would LOVE to see that. That would be an AWESOME gallery retrospective show, very high profile prints to see! :drool:
For some reason I thought you said "prints to steal" and then I started thinking of some crazy Ocean's 11 / Thomas Crown Affair type fudge with a bunch of us EBer's making up a team of highly skilled thieves.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:00 pm

omgkitty wrote: For some reason I thought you said "prints to steal" and then I started thinking of some crazy Ocean's 11 / Thomas Crown Affair type fudge with a bunch of us EBer's making up a team of highly skilled thieves.
And replacing everything in the gallery with reg edition Moss Dark Knights. 8)