Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Late to the party, as the lady and I went to the drafthouse to see Killer Joe and then hit Hopdoddy for some shakes.

+1 JP, can't wait to see it in person
plaink
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:29 am

markenglert wrote:I'm betting $300 will seem like a deal once people see Fran's drawings on the posters...
To say nothing of the impact of further work down the line. Given the right properties, he has great potential for posters. I would love an Indiana Jones, or pretty much any classic done by him. Screenprint either of these two that came out in the last couple weeks.

markenglert
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:31 am

Dfa
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:33 am

I really wish he would work on his signature placement. It would be so much nicer in the bottom corner or something. Really nice work though.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:34 am

Dfa wrote:I really wish he would work on his signature placement. It would be so much nicer in the bottom corner or something. Really nice work though.
finalfilppula
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:36 am

plaink wrote:
markenglert wrote:I'm betting $300 will seem like a deal once people see Fran's drawings on the posters...
To say nothing of the impact of further work down the line. Given the right properties, he has great potential for posters. I would love an Indiana Jones, or pretty much any classic done by him. Screenprint either of these two that came out in the last couple weeks.
Definitely agreed. Can't wait to see what he does next.
sluffmo
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:16 am

Anyone interested in meeting me at Mondo next weekend and taking my Regular What's Opera Doc off my hands at cost? The wife doesn't want it up in the nursery.
jdre214
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:49 am

MEGAPOST INCOMING
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
This guy?
jurassic-park.jpg
YESH.
finneganm wrote:
GID_Duality_Of_Man_Variant.jpg
My imagination spilled on the page. Hah.
sidewaysscott wrote:I watched JPIII the other day. Not sure why.
JP3 is such a steaming pile. :hanging: that being said....
rubberneck wrote: Better than Lost World, but that's not saying much...
karza wrote:for some reason my mind has blocked that there ever was a JPIII after the mess that was the Lost World
SaintNoir wrote:I think JP III is a pretty good serial companion to JP. Not an amazing movie... but in line with one much more than II.
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:Once the novelty of the dinosaurs wore off, the movies went downhill...
WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ON TLW? I really don't get it. Outside of the admittedly goofy ass ending I think it's pretty great. It has some of the best sequences in the entire series. I just really wish that the carnotaurus didn't get cut from the novels. I think that fudge would have blown people's minds in 1997.
charter wrote: I prefer JC's and if Stout comes aling then he will trump all and get the frame. Oh well, good luck to those going for it.
Ready to get slapped with knowledge again...I thought the Stout thing was a joke, is he really doing JP too? Because between him doing that and Drive I think he's trying to get into my pants...
dylansdad wrote:Next year is the 20th anniversary and theatrical re-release for Jurassic Park. I hope the Mondo series ramps up to that.
Oh yeahhhhhhh that is gonna be amazing. JP has some of the best sound design of all time and to hear those roars and snarls in a dark theater again....<3

Sorry if these have been posted but this drop had me going around and looking at a few other JP works.

Anyone ever seen this stuff? Don't know how you feel about Etsy but I'm of the mind that if it looks cool enough I couldn't care less if it's got a number at the bottom. I can love both of my children ya know?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/107182776/l ... girl-14x20
http://www.etsy.com/listing/107181920/l ... aurs-ruled
http://society6.com/CLASSICS/Like-a-Mot ... Park_Print#
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:57 am

Stout Thing, a joke?!?! You must be trolling, therefore, I will not dignify this comment with a response.

Bold comments considering when you joined. I don't hate the Society 6 one, too bad I am not much of a fan of Society 6 or their production process.
jdre214
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:00 am

jrsheppa wrote:Stout Thing, a joke?!?! You must be trolling, therefore, I will not dignify this comment with a response.

Bold comments considering when you joined.
Chill brah. Like 20 pages ago someone mentioned Stout was doing JP and I was asking if that POST was a joke. I wasn't referring to his Thing print as being a joke (actually I should go add it to my wanted because it's awesome) even if I'm not much of a Stout guy.

Also you kinda gave me a response regardless :lol:

What's so bad about Society 6? Never ordered from them so I'm genuinely asking.

EDIT* Don't mean to clog up thread with pics but did anyone else see this? :lol:
Last edited by jdre214 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:07 am

Ah, nm, I realize that now misunderstood your comment. Whew.

Society 6 does a relatively low quality digital print imo. Paper quality isnt bad but the print certainly is not up to the standards that you will see from the prints most people collect around here.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:13 am

mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:15 am

This is a non "brah" form bro..

jdre214
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:16 am

WELP. That about settles it. I clearly need to improve on my reading skills.

And 'bro'/'brah' use apparently..
Cragars
Art Expert

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:06 am

I'm not your brah, guy!