Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:54 am

Spirited Away is the last one that I REALLY want and I know it's on the way, but I will be interested to see if they have more after that.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:55 am

1 more after Spirited
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:57 am

Wonder what happened to Porco Rosso...
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
TopHatZombies
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:00 am

MovieManJeff1012 wrote:Wonder what happened to Porco Rosso...
Olly said he had submitted a design to Ghibli but they declined it. That was the last I heard of it.
Image ImageImage
binky79
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:04 am

My kiddo would love a Spirited Away. Personally, I just hope we get a Nausicaa. And that it's NOT in the same style as Totoro and Mononoke. Those are wonderful design/s but I'd like to see something different.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:05 am

TopHatZombies wrote:
MovieManJeff1012 wrote:Wonder what happened to Porco Rosso...
Olly said he had submitted a design to Ghibli but they declined it. That was the last I heard of it.
:(
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:20 am

Howl's
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:49 am

thisisjosh wrote:Howl's
Yup, after Spirited Away that's the one my wife is gunning for.
tylt33
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:26 am

binky79 wrote:My kiddo would love a Spirited Away. Personally, I just hope we get a Nausicaa. And that it's NOT in the same style as Totoro and Mononoke. Those are wonderful design/s but I'd like to see something different.
Nausicaa isn't a Ghibli movie, so I would be more than a little surprised to see it as part of the Ghibli series.
DickButt wrote:It's a miracle some of you are even able to turn on a computer.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:37 am

I love Moss but frankly someone like Stout is MUCH better fitted for Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
Dfa
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:46 am

Seems like when Justin posts his location, a related release is within a couple weeks.

The sample size is small, but he started with LA and then the Struzan was released pretty soon, then New Zealand and Lord of the Rings happened right after it.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:51 am

zombiedictator wrote:I love Moss but frankly someone like Stout is MUCH better fitted for Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.
I respectfully disagree.

In my opinion, Moss is 2 for 2 on the Ghibli series, both being absolute winners. I can honestly say that I would be a little disappointed if Stout did 'Spirited Away', and say Ansin did 'Porco Rosso', etc. I'd love to have the rest of the series handled by Moss based on what he's already done and for continuity.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:59 am

iambillyg wrote: In my opinion, Moss is 2 for 2 on the Ghibli series, both being absolute winners. I can honestly say that I would be a little disappointed if Stout did 'Spirited Away', and say Ansin did 'Porco Rosso', etc. I'd love to have the rest of the series handled by Moss based on what he's already done and for continuity.
Totally agreed.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:07 am

iambillyg wrote:
zombiedictator wrote:I love Moss but frankly someone like Stout is MUCH better fitted for Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.
I respectfully disagree.

In my opinion, Moss is 2 for 2 on the Ghibli series, both being absolute winners. I can honestly say that I would be a little disappointed if Stout did 'Spirited Away', and say Ansin did 'Porco Rosso', etc. I'd love to have the rest of the series handled by Moss based on what he's already done and for continuity.
I wouldn't put up a stink if Olly did the rest of the series :P
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:11 am

iambillyg wrote:
I respectfully disagree.

I'll give Moss the benefit of the doubt, but he's never been known for collage-work, which is Stout's forte. I'd just hate to get a Spirited Away poster with a giant No-Face front and center, a Porco Rosso with a pig, etc.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.