Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
ksn
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:18 am

Jesusmalverde wrote:
IWish wrote:
Celsius wrote:Line cutting doesn't happen at regular Cali shows. Just at comi-con international, when there's a bunch of people from other states flying in -- namely Texas. :P
No one actually from California says Cali. When you say Cali its a dead give away. Try tO blend in better next time.
I use Cali sometimes. I want to add "San Fran" to that list though.
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:21 am

ksn wrote:
Jesusmalverde wrote:
IWish wrote:
Celsius wrote:Line cutting doesn't happen at regular Cali shows. Just at comi-con international, when there's a bunch of people from other states flying in -- namely Texas. :P
No one actually from California says Cali. When you say Cali its a dead give away. Try tO blend in better next time.
I use Cali sometimes. I want to add "San Fran" to that list though.
Sorry I'm looking at the list right now. San Fran is listed as useable. Just don't try using the term Frisco.
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:32 am

Jesusmalverde wrote:
IWish wrote:
No one that I know of in Orange County, at least. I can't speak for the 909'ers though. They might have a thing for "Cali".
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 am

Awesome wrote:If Mondo comes to the NY Comic Con in October ...
That would simply be amazing. Unfortunately don't think it'd ever happen. I think by the time San Diego is all wrapped up, they're probably thinking they don't want to experience anything like that for another year.
ImageImage
cestjoel
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 am

We don't use Cali. We rep SoCal, NorCal/Bay. LA, IE, OC, SGV, the valley.. Etc.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:02 am

Celsius wrote:
Bickel wrote:I'm not "going after you", it's not like I'm picking you out in particular...you were defending the line cutting, and admitted to it - if you're part of a mob scene, you're contributing to making it worse, no matter who you are. Mobius didn't actually confirm anything with his post, except to say that it was chaos (and since he's not Mondo employed, his confirmation counts as much as yours) - nowhere have I read any official statement on the line situation from Mondo, and I'm calling bullshit on anyone who made it worse. If it turns out that Mondo comes forth and says that they were telling people to go away, I'll eat my words, but so far, it's a bunch of "purplemonkeydishwasher" bullshit that we're all hearing, and no real confirmation of anything but chaos and disrespect at the booth.

Honestly, the reason I'm hot about it is because any mob scene at a con takes the fun out of it, and when it comes time to attend next year, it's gonna suck, because of what you said and how people are going to have to prepare for it. You said flat out "I don't do lines. It's stupid." when there are clearly lines there that were pretty much allowed, if they weren't dispersed, and that's some harsh fudge. On the flip side of that, if Mondo and SDCC security allowed a scene where a mob would get away with it, that's also bullshit. It's just a whole lot of BS on the part of a lot of people, and if no official comment is made by the booth, then acting with disrespect and disorder makes you (and others) part of the problem, bottom line (and no, I'm not just going to take your word for it on how things were re: line rules at the booth).
Dude, you really don't even know what happened at comi-con! You're imagining all these crazy things happening but it didn't. First off, I had nothing to do with any mob scene nor any disorder. Don't think any person from eb did and if they did, I do not know them.

This mob scene you're referring to happened once unless it also happened on Sunday's drops, which I did not participate in cause I was fed up with the bs line before the tweet thing. It was during the Moss Batman drop only. When the tweet went out, a bunch of people (well over 30) came and got in line and cut a bunch of people -- including myself -- when the tweet dropped. They came from the nearby food court and the surrounding area. I was in line from 3:15 or so because I was talking to a friend from EB. I cut a small amount of people so I could talk to the friend, but before that I made note of where I would've been in line should I be in the back of the line. The drop happened at 5:17 pm, if you'll recall, then chaos ensued. When the edition size was announced where I was was counted as almost definitely safe at first, but when the count happened I was to have the final ticket. I gave it to the gentleman behind me, who did not cut.

The other two cuts I did do was similar to the cut above, but there was no mob scene. It wasn't possible for the ansin drop cause they dropped it early and the edition sizes for that and the LotR were absolutely nothing to worry about. I came to mondo early and hung out by the food court -- which is where the line was, except I sat on a chair close to the line instead of standing in one, sitting down with two other members, who both left to get something then came back later. When the drop happened I cut in with some EB people I knew. When the LotR drop happened I saw a group of eb members who had just arguing about line cutting and then ask to cut in with them -- and they let me. I didn't cut on thurs, fri, or sun.

Plus, You think I'm the only that said, "wait, I thought we weren't allowed to line up till the tweet?" People were pissed.

Edit: Oh, and I wasn't there on preview night, but there was a mob scene there. I had nothing to do with it.
Ah, first world problems.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:04 am

eBay 251105255026

really time release edition?? i hope the buyer know that he was selling the time release edition.
liptonsweettea
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 am

liptonsweettea wrote:eBay 251105255026

really time release edition?? i hope the buyer know that he was selling the time release edition.
this one also eBay 261068583878 by the same shitty seller
ryan916
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 am

liptonsweettea wrote:

I'm not surprised someone is trying to do that, or did it apparently.

I don't know why people are bidding on this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120950694901?ss ... 1423.l2649
appletree
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:12 am

Holy smokes. What happened for the last 150 pages? Saw moss batman drop, jc richard lotr, and some other drops. Something about line cutters or something?
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:16 am

appletree wrote:Holy smokes. What happened for the last 150 pages? Saw moss batman drop, jc richard lotr, and some other drops. Something about line cutters or something?
Non sense. Give a week or so and a couple of drops and things will be somewhat back to order. hopefully
Stephewi
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:19 am

ryan916 wrote:
liptonsweettea wrote:

I'm not surprised someone is trying to do that, or did it apparently.

I don't know why people are bidding on this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120950694901?ss ... 1423.l2649
The thing that I wonder about is why so many of these timed release auctions are under the variant "for sale" listing on EB. Who needs to be contacted to get them moved to the proper location (or better yet removed)?
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:26 am

Stephewi wrote: The thing that I wonder about is why so many of these timed release auctions are under the variant "for sale" listing on EB. Who needs to be contacted to get them moved to the proper location (or better yet removed)?
All correction requests should be made in the EB ENTRY CORRECTIONS THREAD

However, I just went though and checked and everything seems in its right place.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Stephewi
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 am

pewter14 wrote:
Stephewi wrote: The thing that I wonder about is why so many of these timed release auctions are under the variant "for sale" listing on EB. Who needs to be contacted to get them moved to the proper location (or better yet removed)?
All correction requests should be made in the EB ENTRY CORRECTIONS THREAD

However, I just went though and checked and everything seems in its right place.
Thanks! Yeah, I hadn't actually looked at it again since last night, so sorry for jumping the gun. Everything does appear to be sorted out correctly and thanks for pointing me to that thread. Keep up the great work!
mike123230
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:31 am

Has anyone reached out to Mondo? I know they've shut down auctions in the past where people tried to pre-sell things that hadn't even gone on sale yet. I think they'd love to shut these dishonest asshats down.