Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Bickel

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Past time someone who has a legit spot in that line let fly with some knuckles on the cutters. They obviously don't give a fudge about you.

Bickel

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Awesome wrote:$40 is too much for a print that has a 24 hour window.
Tell that to Olly, he only sold 2,100+ 5x5 giclee's for $35 shipped in one hour. By that standard, $40 is cheap. Not only that, but people are still forking out more than that on the aftermarket for those pokemons, which aren't near as popular as batman.
DanTheFan
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Bickel

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm

DanTheFan wrote:Image
*an
kryptonite
Art Expert

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Bickel wrote:Past time someone who has a legit spot in that line let fly with some knuckles on the cutters. They obviously don't give a fudge about you.

Dude has spaghetti legs.
wmd
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Is there gonna be a Struzan or whattttt?
Riskbreaker
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Olly drop was a clusterfuck. Security counts us one hour before they finally start selling prints and says "you're all good for posters" only to tell over 100 people who had been there for 1.5 hours to get lost like rude assholes with zero explanation.

This drop should be an embarrassment for Mondo. Just a huge waste Of time and unbelievably frustrating.
charter
Art Expert

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:25 pm

I wonder what made Mondo decide to do a timed release. I could have sworn there was a Justin interview where he was very adamant about limited.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm

The print appealed to me right away...on first look. I find it to be v-e-r-y masculine...sexy lookin' through my feminine eyes.

Okay, I'll admit I'm not crazy about the bat symbol. I still want it.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:28 pm

charter wrote:I wonder what made Mondo decide to do a timed release. I could have sworn there was a Justin interview where he was very adamant about limited.
Timed is still considered limited, it's not like an open edition or anything. 24 is on the incredibly long side of timed but still limited to that time frame.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
veltri
Art Expert

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 pm

charter wrote:I wonder what made Mondo decide to do a timed release. I could have sworn there was a Justin interview where he was very adamant about limited.
It's the lure of being added to the Guinness book of Records.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Bickel

IWish wrote:The print appealed to me right away...on first look. I find it to be v-e-r-y masculine...sexy lookin' through my feminine eyes.

Okay, I'll admit I'm not crazy about the bat symbol. I still want it.
Yo, do up some David Fincher / Christopher Nolan / Quentin Tarantino / Martin Scorsese director series poster bags, I'll buy them.

/business gab, carry on, o mega thread of incessant bs
cestjoel
Art Connoisseur

I'm sure the license wasn't cheap. They need to pay for it some how. Plus this probably pays for other licenses in the future.
IbisMummy
Art Connoisseur

Bickel wrote:Past time someone who has a legit spot in that line let fly with some knuckles on the cutters. They obviously don't give a fudge about you.

My grandmother always raved about Charles Atlas. He was the fitness instructor at the summer camp she went to in the Catskills. Being the only Italian there, they really hit it off. She used to go on and on about what a gorgeous man he was... and she absolutely hated people who cut in line.

True story... well, maybe a bit of creative license was taken with the last part... but...
ironjaiden: "...I have no idea how some of you dudes make it through the day, stressful as life is and all."
Frank Zappa: "Good night Austin, Texas, wherever you are."
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Bickel wrote:Yo, do up some David Fincher / Christopher Nolan / Quentin Tarantino / Martin Scorsese director series poster bags, I'll buy them.

/business gab, carry on, o mega thread of incessant bs
'kay. Will talk more via pm soon.