Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:10 pm

I loved seeing that Avengers print roll out in the middle of the Thing run. Can you imagine getting that test print?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
charter
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Seeing D&L in action

IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Darkknight37 wrote: If D&L had tours where you just sat for a few hours watching those dudes work, I'd take it in a heart beat.
You have no idea how much I want to do the kind of work that D&L does. I'm in accounting, have been for years and I hate it. I finally took a screen printing class at our local community college - it was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself. I have a long way to go for retirement - this sure the hell is something I want to do full-time when I get there (on my own schedule.) Figured I'd get a lot of practice behind me in preparation by starting now. It takes LOTS of practice to get decent at it, especially as a DIY'er.
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:26 pm

IWish wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote: If D&L had tours where you just sat for a few hours watching those dudes work, I'd take it in a heart beat.
You have no idea how much I want to do the kind of work that D&L does. I'm in accounting, have been for years and I hate it. I finally took a screen printing class at our local community college - it was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself. I have a long way to go for retirement - this sure the hell is something I want to do full-time when I get there (on my own schedule.) Figured I'd get a lot of practice behind me in preparation by starting now. It takes LOTS of practice to get decent at it, especially as a DIY'er.
Good on you, nothing better than doing what you love!
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:56 pm

ironjaiden wrote:
dylansdad wrote:They have added Lego to the mix but haven't forgotten Killer Nun.
Exactly. Anyone wishing for Mondo to take more risks and do more weirdo cult stuff should be wishing for Mondo to be wildly successful with their larger licenses. 8)
This is so true. Made me laugh for sure. Thanks, J. :lol:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Heh. I just finished reading this paranorman article. Noticed one of the zombie posters...sure looks like it says, "Mondo Zombies". I want to see this movie. So help me, I thought of all you guys when I watched the trailer. I just want to hug you all now...Norman is absolutely adorable. :D

http://hbgy1s-film.blogspot.com/2012/06 ... orman.html

Riskbreaker
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm

I saw that Lego poster as they were breaking it out on the con floor, but had to duck away because Fonzie was flying over the booth on waterskis.
piomba
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Riskbreaker wrote:I saw that Lego poster as they were breaking it out on the con floor, but had to duck away because Fonzie was flying over the booth on waterskis.
:lol:
mobius006
Art Freak

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Day 2 forum page wrap up.

drymount mondo for monster drop at Sdcc... Adventure times cool see what he did with the name?!...sooo bored.... Legos cool to build bad for posters jump shark references ....jocks batman looks like he's eating a sandwich.... :notworthy:
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Ha! I like your posting style, Riskbreaker. Your avatar ain't so bad either. 8)
swabie2424
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Day 2 recap before I go get drunk again. Nope, didn't learn my lesson last night.

Creature was a hit this morning. Many, many EBers on the floor (including myself) surprised it was not Ansin. I really like the print. Very stylish movie poster! Feelings out to all the hardcore Uni Monster guys who are not in town for this one. A tough break for sure.

Surprised the Olly AT hung around for a long while. Not sure if it sold out yet, but it lasted a long time compared to most other prints.

The Tong LOTR is not my bag. Love Legos. Love Tong. Love LOTR. Put them together and it just wasn't my thing. I think this one will only be a must have for completists. The fact that it sold so fast should show everyone just how many people at SDCC this year are tying to score on Mondo drops. The word is out. The jig is up! Mondo has hit the convention floor mainstream. So don't kill your PBs if they fail on their quests. It's pretty tough sledding in there unless you loiter in that area, which is boring.

Danger GoT... very nice and very dark in person.

Time for some boooooozey!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jon1701
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Riskbreaker wrote:I saw that Lego poster as they were breaking it out on the con floor, but had to duck away because Fonzie was flying over the booth on waterskis.
:roll: :lol:
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Part two really makes you respect to the craft of screenprinting and is a good summary for anyone asking how and what is the big deal about it. Roll on part 3 :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
omgkitty
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 pm

:clap: :lol: :clap:
dylansdad
Art Expert

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Horkey Lego tomorrow?