Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:17 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:I'd be shocked and super pleased if Jay ever got to do an IMAX poster.
Hopefully it would be something that makes the little kids attending cry. Like his Nun or The Prowler. Or Bullhead.
As a kid, mythical creatures, such as: Minotaur, Medusa, Centaur - freaked me out...sort of, but were fascinating at the same time. I get all squinty-eyed when I look at the Bullhead image of Jay's. Just find it a bit creepy only because of my childish fears. Anthropomorphic? Not sure if that's even the right word.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:18 pm

ironjaiden wrote: Gritty mess is a great place to hide a lack of technical ability 8)
Hmm .. So even I could have a shot as an artist!! YES!
MatchsMalone wrote:
Ok so one guy thought it might be from Mondo (which isn't a horrible thought based on that stupid Spiderman IMAX thing that somehow has their name on it), but I still don't see anyone thinking it would be a screen print.

I initially read a "frustrated" tone in your post as well, but I guess I didn't pick up on the emoticons :D In any case, no harm done. :pint:
True, also dont forget the JC Richard John Carter IMAX poster as well. But there in is my point. IMAX and Mondo colabs have been done and every time they are announced by IMAX or someone working as a media portal for the release. They are trying to capitalize off of the Mondo name recognition and unless I missed something there was no announcement about there being a Mondo related poster at the IMAX screening of TDKR. Also they have not done anythign other than lithos .. nor has Mondo ever re-released the artwork used on an IMAX poster .. Then due to some similarity to jays work it became his design and Awesome was probably just hoping for a Mondo release without the text so he chimed in with that. And then in an effort to be sarcastic about Jays involvement Kitty stated that everything B&W AND screen printed had to be done by Jay. ;)
omgkitty wrote: Cause it's black and white. Everything in black and white that's screen printed is done by Jay. EVERYTHING.
So you see how the rumor mill just builds upon misinformation and had I not stood up and fought for the truth some noob may have read this thread waiting for the glorious day when the text-less Jay Shaw TDKR screen print would be dropped on Mondos site. And when he realized he had been bamboozled he would have cried himself to sleep for weeks!! And one night in a drunken rage he would have came back in this thread and put a voodoo curse on all of us for misleading him and ruining his life! So you should be thanking me right bout now!! 8) :pint:
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
acidburn
Art Daddy

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:20 pm

that spiderman imax poster was actually really nice in person.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Con opens in 10 minutes. Prepare for fudge storm!
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Lets do this!! TDKR Character set from Ansin!!

Or Taylor!
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
MatchsMalone
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:29 pm

fallenangel1 wrote: True, also dont forget the JC Richard John Carter IMAX poster as well. But there in is my point. IMAX and Mondo colabs have been done and every time they are announced by IMAX or someone working as a media portal for the release. They are trying to capitalize off of the Mondo name recognition and unless I missed something there was no announcement about there being a Mondo related poster at the IMAX screening of TDKR. Also they have not done anythign other than lithos .. nor has Mondo ever re-released the artwork used on an IMAX poster .. Then due to some similarity to jays work it became his design and Awesome was probably just hoping for a Mondo release without the text so he chimed in with that. And then in an effort to be sarcastic about Jays involvement Kitty stated that everything B&W AND screen printed had to be done by Jay. ;)
Totally agree. If it were a Mondo, it would've been included in every headline about the poster.
Because it's the print we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt it.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.
emac
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 pm

zombiedictator wrote:Con opens in 10 minutes. Prepare for fudge storm!
Raise shields!
ShldsUpNewLit.jpg
TheArsenal
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:33 pm

OMG Stout! OMG Moss! OMG Ansin!

OMG BUDICH AND STOUT DARK KNIGHT COLLABORATION!!!
That rug really tied the room together...
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 pm

emac wrote:
Raise shields!
ShldsUpNewLit.jpg
Already down to 60% shields.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
appletree
Art Expert

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:35 pm

efffffffffffffff mononoke. gutttedddddddddddddddddddd
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
mike123230
Art Expert

aiaiaiaiaiaiiaiaaiiaiaiaiaia
emac
Art Expert

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
emac wrote:
Raise shields!
ShldsUpNewLit.jpg
Already down to 60% shields.
Nerd BO and con flu are vicious, man.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Olly Moss Princess Mononoke? Now I'm upset.
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Justin on twitter: Hey. First drop of the day is on sale now at booth #437. Princess Mononoke by Olly Moss! Olly is here and signing
Yikes!
Last edited by SurfingJeff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.H.C.
3str0g3n
Art Connoisseur

drymount