Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
keefdotorg
Art Expert
Posts: 2808
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:26 pm
Location: Awesometown, USA
Contact:

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 pm

I always feel kind of weird about GID stuff. Everything I've read says that if you display a GID poster, the GID wears off within about five years. Amirite?

EDIT: This is all hypothetical, I'm too broke to blow the extra hundo.
Last edited by keefdotorg on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Superfro33
Art Expert
Posts: 7085
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: Marion, IA

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I could see them dragging a few to Comic-Con for shits and giggles too. :wink:
User avatar
dsanacore
Art Expert
Posts: 6408
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: USA

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Gkohler wrote:Wonder when they'll announce how many COLORS is used in this THING.
27
Image Image
User avatar
MalachiConstant
Art Expert
Posts: 1186
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 pm

emac wrote:
Gkohler wrote:Wonder when they'll announce how many COLORS is used in this THING.
"Why is any object we don't understand always called a thing?"
I think you just solved Minnesota's "vagina" crisis. :clap:
User avatar
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert
Posts: 6310
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: Chicago

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 pm

I am kind of looking forward to reading this thread the morning after the screening.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
emac
Art Expert
Posts: 5125
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:58 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:
emac wrote:
Gkohler wrote:Wonder when they'll announce how many COLORS is used in this THING.
"Why is any object we don't understand always called a thing?"
I think you just solved Minnesota's "vagina" crisis. :clap:
:rolling:
User avatar
MalachiConstant
Art Expert
Posts: 1186
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

emac wrote:
MalachiConstant wrote:
emac wrote:
Gkohler wrote:Wonder when they'll announce how many COLORS is used in this THING.
"Why is any object we don't understand always called a thing?"
I think you just solved Minnesota's "vagina" crisis. :clap:
:rolling:
fudge, I meant Michigan.
User avatar
Jon1701
Art Expert
Posts: 3846
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 pm

keefdotorg wrote:I always feel kind of weird about GID stuff. Everything I've read says that if you display a GID poster, the GID wears off within about five years. Amirite?


any truth to this?
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
User avatar
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:No one is ever happy.

We get a Drew Struzan art print for The Thing, people bitch.

We get rules clearly spelled out for us, people bitch.

A good chunk of EBers are PBing and selling these to other board members AT COST, people bitch about flippers buying all the copies.
I like you man, but you live close enough that you can make all it to all these cool events that Mondo throws. A lot of us can't. The amount of people poster buddying is a fraction of the number of people who actually want to hang this print on their wall. It's just frustrating when it is a print this cool. I wish they enforced the one print per person and not one of each per person. A lot more people would be able to enjoy it.
Just a dude collecting paper
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Jon1701 wrote:
keefdotorg wrote:I always feel kind of weird about GID stuff. Everything I've read says that if you display a GID poster, the GID wears off within about five years. Amirite?
any truth to this?
I heard 5 years is a bare minimum. My only worry is that in 30 years the GID ink will become discolored. Anyone have info regarding that?
emac
Art Expert
Posts: 5125
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:03 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:
emac wrote:
MalachiConstant wrote:
emac wrote: "Why is any object we don't understand always called a thing?"
I think you just solved Minnesota's "vagina" crisis. :clap:
:rolling:
fudge, I meant Michigan.
Still funny as hell. :lol:
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7159
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Jon1701 wrote:
keefdotorg wrote:I always feel kind of weird about GID stuff. Everything I've read says that if you display a GID poster, the GID wears off within about five years. Amirite?


any truth to this?
not if you use the proper UV protection. My Emek Week/Lips has been hanging for almost 6 years and is still just as vibrant as the day I framed it. (especially every once in a while when I clean the glass it seems to glow a little brighter)

:pint:
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26936
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:04 pm

The people bitching about people bitching make more noise than the people bitching about the "drop".
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
DuoSonic
Art Expert
Posts: 1352
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:39 am

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Man, I want to see one of these in person. Probably won't ever happen.
User avatar
fnord
Art Expert
Posts: 7400
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: the online drop

Image
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
Locked