Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm

So they will be selling to the general public after the screening starts but they will have to line up separately from ticket holders, interesting.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

http://blog.mondotees.com/2012/06/20/th ... -ritz-622/

We’ve received quite a few inquiries about how the sale of Drew Struzan’s ‘THE THING‘ at the Ritz this Friday. I am going answer as many of them as I can here…

Posters will be available for sale for 6/22 ticket holders ONLY (that means both screenings 7:00PM & 10:30PM) Ticket holders have first dibs from approximately 5:00PM-7:00PM until the first screening begins. We will be there to organize the line beginning around 4PM. If you choose to arrive before that, be prepared to be reorganized according to our traffic plan.

After the first screening begins (approximately 7:00PM) we will open the sale to everyone else, that includes ticket holders for future shows and the general public.

Because the lobby of the Ritz is very small we will not allow Non-Ticket holders to queue up inside. There will be a separate line formed outside.

We will NOT be providing tubes. There is simply not enough room. We will be rolling the posters in Kraft paper, with Tissue. If you would like to bring your own tube, you are more than welcome to.

Customers will be allowed to buy one of each poster, and they are first come, first served.

No line holding, or buying for someone else who is waiting in line for the screening. You will only be able to purchase posters for yourself.

We will also be marking tickets after purchase so they are not reused.

We will be taking cash & credit.

If you have any other inquires please direct them to store@mondotees.com and we will do our best to help you out. We hope to be a positive portion of the experience of Summer of ’82, not an inconvenience, so please be considerate to the staff of the Alamo, and your fellow movie goers.

Thank you, and see you on Friday!

- Mo
darkturkish
Art Connoisseur

Damn, why do they have to be on sale later for non ticket holders? It's just going to cause more flippers to come out and there will be a lot less for an online drop.
Just a dude collecting paper
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

If people thought the ET variant went quickly on the online drop....
TKuczynski
Art Expert

These two statements don't make sense:

"Posters will be available for sale for 6/22 ticket holders ONLY"

"we will open the sale to everyone else, that includes ticket holders for future shows and the general public."
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote:So they will be selling to the general public after the screening starts but they will have to line up separately from ticket holders, interesting.
Who wants to pick one up for me now that a ticket is not needed?
harrykeogh
Art Expert

yesterday wrote:I've never understood the image in relation to the movie.
My previous negative posts may have been aided by 3 days without nicotine, but if you are an adult, have seen the film, and can't make the connection between the film and the poster image... WOW.
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert

Darkknight37 wrote:I enjoyed Drew's anecdote about The Thing prequel.
I just can't believe he'd never seen the original until recently. Or doesn't seem to watch most of the movies he makes posters for. Just seems so surreal...

Also, yeah, what's left of this is gonna be a crazy drop (I can picture the Variant going out faster than the ET one did, and that's assuming there are any left). I like to think that I won't be too upset when I miss it, since I've got an original one-sheet, but at the same time... damn that's good arts.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 pm

ebay it is
finneganm
Art Freak

Yay! that totally blows! Anyone want to pb for me then?
That's what she said
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

darkturkish wrote:Damn, why do they have to be on sale later for non ticket holders? It's just going to cause more flippers to come out and there will be a lot less for an online drop.
I'm pretty sure the amounts for both in-person and online drops are pre-determined. They only take a certain number to the screening.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 pm

If they are selling these to both groups of ticket holders and then the general public the variant will be gone Fri. night.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Jon1701
Art Expert

darkturkish wrote:Damn, why do they have to be on sale later for non ticket holders? It's just going to cause more flippers to come out and there will be a lot less for an online drop.

better to say that, it'll stop clogging the ritz lobby with people who don't have tickets and let them line up outside, crowd control.
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
fallenangel1
Art Expert

finneganm wrote:Yay! that totally blows! Anyone want to pb for me then?
We should PM Scott .. I think I recall him saying he can PB for a few more people :)
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
TKuczynski
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Not to mention people can buy 1 of each...

Flippers galore on this one, great

:hanging: