Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Badbutch
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 7:49 pm

blog wrote:So, do we know who decided on these color variants for Sideshow?

Was it the artist, was it Sideshow, was it Mondo? Did someone at D&L just close their eyes and point at a pantone chart?

My Ansin Apes variant got here just now (safely and in perfect shape), and this color scheme in particular doesn't seem like something the artist intended. The art is the same great stuff I already have on the wall, but the dark reds + dark silver highlights just don't seem to go together.
Hmmm, I was considering getting it as I figured the red would go better with the other posters. Any way you could take some pics?
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
thedeanmachine
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

technique wrote:So with the 20,000 Leagues print gone is the Sideshow+Mondo relationship over or do we have one more coming?
there is the nightmare before xmas variant and the upcoming unknown pixar variant
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

this was posted on the facebook fan page , i like the dark red contrast with the white paper

"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
blog
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Badbutch wrote:

Was it the artist, was it Sideshow, was it Mondo? Did someone at D&L just close their eyes and point at a pantone chart?

My Ansin Apes variant got here just now (safely and in perfect shape), and this color scheme in particular doesn't seem like something the artist intended. The art is the same great stuff I already have on the wall, but the dark reds + dark silver highlights just don't seem to go together.
Hmmm, I was considering getting it as I figured the red would go better with the other posters. Any way you could take some pics?
The shocking reds are kind of good. I don't like the silver metallic though.

╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
blog
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 pm

and the original for comparison

╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
mr_rugby
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Has sideshow figured out how to ship a print yet?
rmoore
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 pm

OK, so he looks like your typical PC user. So what?

rubberneck wrote:
maden wrote:Image
wmd
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 pm

rmoore wrote:OK, so he looks like your typical PC user. So what?

rubberneck wrote:

SICK desk chair.
nowhitespace
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 08, 2012 8:04 pm

I like the reg 10x better (even though I think bot Ansin PotA prints are bad ass). The red kills it for me on the variant. Its funny how Sideshow gets the crappy images for variants imo. Kind of like how I feel about Stouts variants being not nearly as good looking as the regular editions. Ive always wondered why someone wold want a print with less color-contrasts, especially recently with the Avengers print. The other colors on the Ansin PotA reg with the cream paper make it look like a much nicer print imo. I had Sideshow variant in my cart with a $15 discount for a long time (relative to the time it was available). I just couldn't pull the trigger. Glad someone else is enjoying it. I do love sideshow though and just started collecting some of their figures, especially the ThreeA ones. And they are the fastest shippers in the world.

Someone please remove that pics of me above. Thats not cool.
blog
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Some of the more muted Stouts are really fantastic in person. They look plain next to the regulars, but they look classic when they go up on the wall.
There was a framed FP variant that I really liked up at the Alamo Slaughter. I came home and looked at my regular, and didn't like it half as much, despite the colors.
The Stout Star Wars variants are also really nice.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
Badbutch
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 8:14 pm

blog wrote:
Badbutch wrote:

The shocking reds are kind of good. I don't like the silver metallic though.
Damn, now I'm super torn. The original suits the move better but the variant might work out better with the rest of the set. I do love me some metallics, though. Thanks a lot for the pics!
"'Cause I'm a karate man! And a karate man bruises on the inside!" ~ Billy Ray Valentine
stebila25
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Is there a way to remove incorrect eBay listings from the EB database?

eBay 250992575590 is showing as an Ansin Wolfman and it's really starting to piss me and my OCD off.
phips
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 9:07 pm

those pics are really disturbing...we've gone off the deep end here.
churdiales
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 pm

wmd wrote:
rmoore wrote:OK, so he looks like your typical PC user. So what?

rubberneck wrote:

SICK desk chair.
SICK

(and, btw, that rag next to chair is going to give me nightmares.)
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Tue May 08, 2012 9:12 pm

I have a feeling that is it's underwear