Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
charter
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:07 pm

dylansdad wrote:My youngest son looked at the Thor picture and said, "Thor's father?" Not sure what that was about. Then I showed him Captain America and he said, "My favorite character!" He asked me to get it and put it in his room. I said I would try.
Tell him to F5 for candy.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:08 pm

He has no idea what it takes to get these things. Assumes they grow on trees.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:09 pm

dylansdad wrote:My youngest son looked at the Thor picture and said, "Thor's father?" Not sure what that was about. Then I showed him Captain America and he said, "My favorite character!" He asked me to get it and put it in his room. I said I would try.

You're a smooth operator DD... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:12 pm

rubberneck wrote:

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I am going for Hulk first, lol. I was hoping Thor would be his favorite.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:12 pm

dylansdad wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I am going for Hulk first, lol.
Thats not what I mean... :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
emac
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:20 pm

The beard IS rather bushy -- I had a fleeting "young Odin" thought myself upon seeing it. :lol:
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm

rubberneck wrote:
dylansdad wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

I didn't have the heart to tell him that I am going for Hulk first, lol.
Thats not what I mean... :wink:
Ah, well, I'm not asking anybody for help with Captain America if that's what you meant.
BKBroiler
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm

dylansdad wrote:He has no idea what it takes to get these things. Assumes they grow on trees.
I guess they technically do
zefarrett
Art Freak

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 pm

dylansdad wrote:
cutterbutter wrote:So who here is going to get the complete set of 7? Going to be quite an accomplishment.
Going to be nearly impossible now that they are doing two at once. At least nearly impossible to get them all direct from Mondo.
did i miss something? I though there was going to be 2 random drop times tomorrow? Not at the same time.
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:28 pm

zefarrett wrote:
dylansdad wrote:
cutterbutter wrote:So who here is going to get the complete set of 7? Going to be quite an accomplishment.
Going to be nearly impossible now that they are doing two at once. At least nearly impossible to get them all direct from Mondo.
did i miss something? I though there was going to be 2 random drop times tomorrow? Not at the same time.
Well, I missed something if they confirmed that they would be staggered.
emac
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:28 pm

zefarrett wrote:
dylansdad wrote:
I don't think Mondo has ever really done that, other than the Oscar night drops (as someone mentioned earlier). They have, however, announced multiple posters in one email blast and then dropped them at pretty much the same time on the sale day.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Probably drop at the same time. Shouldn't be too hard to go +2 on tomorrows drop.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:32 pm

emac wrote:
zefarrett wrote:
dylansdad wrote:
I don't think Mondo has ever really done that, other than the Oscar night drops (as someone mentioned earlier). They have, however, announced multiple posters in one email blast and then dropped them at pretty much the same time on the sale day.
I am interested in this also. I hope they stagger it since it's in the same series.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:33 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:Probably drop at the same time. Shouldn't be too hard to go +2 on tomorrows drop.
nowhitespace
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm a little confused. 7 prints? Am I missing one? I'm not including variants. If I did, I count 8 prints in the series of regs and variants (ansin and tong) for Avengers. Is there one more print to be announced?