Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Superfro33
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Awesome wrote:So anybody here going for the Hawkeye poster tomorrow?
Yessur.....
yesterday
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Awesome wrote:The Hawkeye poster looks really good, I think it's one of his best.
I agree, to me it is second only to his Jabba the Hutt star wars print.

I only wish that it was smaller. It would be sweet if some of these Avengers prints were/are different sizes.

I could have used a tall skinny Black Widow by Olly Moss (Evil dead size would have been wonderful)

A blown up trading card-style 18x24 Hawkeye

and so on....
Image Image
ImAMonster
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:28 pm

My plan is to get all the prints from the series that I can, go watch the movie, and decide which prints I think will best fit with how I feel about it and frame the ones I like. I'd rather buy them for $45 up front than decide a year from now I want one that's skyrocketed in price...
ImageImageImage T.H.C. x3

Well, what do you expect, mother? I'm half machine!
blog
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:30 pm

ImAMonster wrote:My plan is to get all the prints from the series that I can, go watch the movie, and decide which prints I think will best fit with how I feel about it and frame the ones I like. I'd rather buy them for $45 up front than decide a year from now I want one that's skyrocketed in price...
a year from now nobody will care about the avengers and we will be wanting prints for something else

this is what i'm telling myself after today's failure anyway
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 pm

blog wrote:
ImAMonster wrote:My plan is to get all the prints from the series that I can, go watch the movie, and decide which prints I think will best fit with how I feel about it and frame the ones I like. I'd rather buy them for $45 up front than decide a year from now I want one that's skyrocketed in price...
a year from now nobody will care about the avengers and we will be wanting prints for something else

A year from now we will be talking about Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Capt America 2.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:33 pm

blog wrote:
You're absolutely right!
4walls
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:34 pm

yesterday wrote:
Awesome wrote:The Hawkeye poster looks really good, I think it's one of his best.
I agree, to me it is second only to his Jabba the Hutt star wars print.

I only wish that it was smaller. It would be sweet if some of these Avengers prints were/are different sizes.

I could have used a tall skinny Black Widow by Olly Moss (Evil dead size would have been wonderful)

A blown up trading card-style 18x24 Hawkeye

and so on....
Maybe a hulk poster the size of your wall?
Empty wall space? I'm not a communist!
yesterday
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:35 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
blog wrote:

A year from now we will be talking about Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Capt America 2.
A year from now:

OMG someone put up one of the Olly Moss Black Widow prints with a BIN at $800!!! GO GO GO GO GO!
OMG someone's offering $4400 for a Thing Stout and no one will let theirs go. WTF!!!
OMG remember when Mondo did Star Wars??? OLLLY MOSS
OMG EVERYTHING !!!
Image Image
charter
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:37 pm

iambillyg wrote:
Awesome wrote:So anybody here going for the Hawkeye poster tomorrow?
I am, but as a PB.
Samesies. Do not need that one for my collection.
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:08 pm

I struck out this morning, I actually am going to try for the Hawkeye too though, I like the colors on it...wished it had a credit block at the bottom, but beggars can't be choosers :)
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Thinking about going for Hawkeye and trying for the set.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:17 pm

yesterday wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
blog wrote:

A year from now:

OMG someone put up one of the Olly Moss Black Widow prints with a BIN at $800!!! GO GO GO GO GO!
OMG someone's offering $4400 for a Thing Stout and no one will let theirs go. WTF!!!
OMG remember when Mondo did Star Wars??? OLLLY MOSS
OMG EVERYTHING !!!
Ommggggg the Mond0teez!!! :lol:
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Late to the party. +1 on the Moss
Zukov
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:21 pm

I really didn't care for the Black Widow print, my least favourite character from the Avengers...bring on Ant Man!
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:21 pm

IWish wrote:Late to the party. +1 on the Moss
woot!