Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:23 am

iambillyg wrote:I went in the Saturday following the drop and got mine. No notice needed. Since the prints were available for the screening in Austin, they had the prints on hand already. Same with Exorcist.
Appreciate it. Just used to the old days when they sent notice.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 am

MalachiConstant wrote:
iambillyg wrote:I went in the Saturday following the drop and got mine. No notice needed. Since the prints were available for the screening in Austin, they had the prints on hand already. Same with Exorcist.
Yeah. I'm sure with other releases that weren't already "in-hand" for in town shows or events, you will need to wait for a notification to come pick it up. Congrats on scoring it, it's beautiful in person. The images online (even mine included) don't do it justice.
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:34 am

iambillyg wrote:
MalachiConstant wrote:
Yeah. I'm sure with other releases that weren't already "in-hand" for in town shows or events, you will need to wait for a notification to come pick it up. Congrats on scoring it, it's beautiful in person. The images online (even mine included) don't do it justice.
Wasn't super excited for it, but the wife's a huge Whedon nerd and demanded it. Got to see the film this weekend, and I think I'm a convert (still not going to sit through Buffy series). Film was crazy good.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 am

MalachiConstant wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
MalachiConstant wrote:
Wasn't super excited for it, but the wife's a huge Whedon nerd and demanded it. Got to see the film this weekend, and I think I'm a convert (still not going to sit through Buffy series). Film was crazy good.
buffy and sarah michelle gellar basically defined my junior high school experience. Favorite show on television at the time
vtswordfish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:47 am

I feel like Whedon's television shows got more and more refined through the years. I loved Buffy back in middle school, I think my favorite that he has done has to be Firefly though, damn that was a great show to be such a short run.

I kept thinking after I saw CITW how people are going to finally get to see Whedon hitting it mainstream especially once Avengers hits theaters.
Last edited by vtswordfish on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike123230
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:47 am

MalachiConstant wrote:
iambillyg wrote:
MalachiConstant wrote:
You've at least seen Firefly/Serenity, though?
Jobiwan24
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 am

acidburn wrote:
Awesome wrote:
acidburn wrote:would it be terrible if i said im actually looking forward to Prometheus more then either? :D
Not at all, still wondering if Ridley Scott is going to sell himself out to the studios and give it a PG-13 rating, he said he wanted it to be R and let's see if he sticks with that since he is filming both versions.
yea its sounding like its going for that pg-13. You think Alien would have been R now?

I mean lets be optimistic..we did have Speed 2: Cruise Control and Die Hard 4. Those movies worked well at PG-13
How could you use "Speed 2: Cruise Control" and "worked well" in the same sentence? You crazy man.
dylansdad wrote:
I don't need it all. I just need the next one. Then I'll stop.
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:57 am

mike123230 wrote:You've at least seen Firefly/Serenity, though?
Oui, wasn't in love with either, but both were above average. The wife took nearly six months to get through Buffy on Netflix; I don't have that sort of dedication. That's where my apprehension lays with that one. That, and near the end it looked like Whedon was pulling from Preacher.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:01 pm

MalachiConstant wrote:
Oui, wasn't in love with either, but both were above average. The wife took nearly six months to get through Buffy on Netflix; I don't have that sort of dedication. That's where my apprehension lays with that one. That, and near the end it looked like Whedon was pulling from Preacher.
There's no better story to pull from, if that did happen. And when's that going to be on HBO, anyway? Could be amazing.
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Jobiwan24 wrote: How could you use "Speed 2: Cruise Control" and "worked well" in the same sentence? You crazy man.
The best part of Speed 2 was the flying cow.
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
MalachiConstant
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:06 pm

machination wrote:
MalachiConstant wrote:
There's no better story to pull from, if that did happen. And when's that going to be on HBO, anyway? Could be amazing.
Not holding my breath that it will ever happen. I am, however, doing so for a print, and have been since the DC/Vertigo license was announced.

I like how that took us back on-topic.
DrScott44
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Totally off topic, but had to tell somebody:

On my way to NC for a set visit (lemme know if you have restaurant recommendations In the Wilmington area), and saw some dude's tube get run over outside the airport. He was not amused. Wonder what was in there.

Also, TSA found a pint of tequila in one of my bags that I genuinely didn't even know was there. The guy got real unfriendly about it, and just about lost it when I told him he could keep it as an early Christmas present. He said, and I quote, "TSA doesn't celebrate Christmas like that."

Wow.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:23 pm

lul. Good start to your trip.
mattg
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:26 pm

DrScott44 wrote:Totally off topic, but had to tell somebody:

Also, TSA found a pint of tequila in one of my bags that I genuinely didn't even know was there. The guy got real unfriendly about it, and just about lost it when I told him he could keep it as an early Christmas present. He said, and I quote, "TSA doesn't celebrate Christmas like that."

Wow.
Note to self: Don't work for TSA.

That's exactly how I celebrate Christmas.
Awesome
Art Expert

Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Joke airports, if you ever come here to NYC and use either JFK or LaGuardia the screeners here aren't the friendliest.