Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:59 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm

Picked up Forbidden Planet, 300, and Pinocchio for the wife.

Pissed I missed out on Dracula though :(
User avatar
mattg
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:19 am

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:36 pm

toobs wrote:Let's see how many of these "ISOs" stay in your collection for more then 3 months without goin up for sale or trade?
My Totoro will be framed and hung as soon as my stepdaughter gets her original for her b-day in September.
Image
User avatar
Awesome
Art Expert
Posts: 1882
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 am

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Did Stout ever hint that he was definitely doing an Avengers poster? Still waiting for his Jurassic Park poster though, Mondo when that be going up for sale?
User avatar
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 983
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Awesome wrote:Did Stout ever hint that he was definitely doing an Avengers poster? Still waiting for his Jurassic Park poster though, Mondo when that be going up for sale?
Dont think Tyler has hinted anything towards an Avengers print that I know of.
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
emac
Art Expert
Posts: 5125
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:26 pm

DrScott44 wrote:
emac wrote:
toobs wrote:Let's see how many of these "ISOs" stay in your collection for more then 3 months without goin up for sale or trade?
My acquisition is already in my FT. ;) But I didn't grab anything highly valuable, and I would just as much love to hold on to it as any other outcome.
Didn't realize you were there today! Or that you were local!

What'd ya end up with?
I think someone pointed you out to me as you left to take a leak before Mo let us in. :lol:

Picked up a Fortress of Solitude for myself and War of the Worlds for summoner. I was honest with Mo or I would have bought the Back to the Future set. :P Also, mental note: don't listen to Mo when he says "We've got LOTS of Draculas! There will PLENTY left when you come through the line again."

:evil:
User avatar
jb518
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:33 pm
Location: Albany, NY

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:05 pm

rubenjleal wrote:
Awesome wrote:Did Stout ever hint that he was definitely doing an Avengers poster? Still waiting for his Jurassic Park poster though, Mondo when that be going up for sale?
Dont think Tyler has hinted anything towards an Avengers print that I know of.
Stout mentioned in an interview that he was working on a print with aliens and the duality of man... Sounds like Avengers to me.
User avatar
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:59 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Re-arranged the wall today to make room for the Ansin monster series !!
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector
Posts: 3364
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:00 am

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:24 pm

i can't stop thinking about Adventure Time OG's and prints.
User avatar
rmoore
Art Expert
Posts: 6559
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Charlotte
Contact:

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:26 pm

bathroommonkey wrote:i can't stop thinking about Adventure Time OG's and prints.
I guess I'm gonna have to watch that damn show already. My kids watch it all the time.
User avatar
statik
Art Expert
Posts: 4225
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:37 pm

rmoore wrote:
bathroommonkey wrote:i can't stop thinking about Adventure Time OG's and prints.
I guess I'm gonna have to watch that damn show already. My kids watch it all the time.
It really is an awesome cartoon. When it comes to Cartoon Network I am super picky because I'm one of those people who was born in 81' and stuck in the mindset of "we had it best" when it comes to cartoons. I will never deny that. There's a lot of cartoons of today that I just fail to understand the appeal. Cartoon Network wise though I loved Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends. When that one finished, Regular Show and Adventure Time took over. I love em both but RS is my favorite on the current CN line. I'm such a sucker for all the 80's references that show is full of. Adventure Time show will be a lot of fun though so consider me jealous but happy for you if you get to go. I just hope my potential PB comes through. :)
drymount your sig!
User avatar
jbofctu
Art Expert
Posts: 1943
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 am
Location: Denver

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:42 am

jb518 wrote:
rubenjleal wrote:
Awesome wrote:Did Stout ever hint that he was definitely doing an Avengers poster? Still waiting for his Jurassic Park poster though, Mondo when that be going up for sale?
Dont think Tyler has hinted anything towards an Avengers print that I know of.
Stout mentioned in an interview that he was working on a print with aliens and the duality of man... Sounds like Avengers to me.
Definitely Prometheus, and not Avengers. But that said I still expect a Stout Avengers since he is Marvel's man.
User avatar
DrScott44
Art Expert
Posts: 2174
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:50 am

Prediction:

Stout AVENGERS in the week before or after the film's release, followed by metal/wood/GID/metallic-inked/or styrofoam variants dropped at Comic Con.

Stout LOOK WHO'S TALKING series (all GID) to follow.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
User avatar
Jon1701
Art Expert
Posts: 3846
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:54 am

jb518 wrote:
rubenjleal wrote:
Awesome wrote:Did Stout ever hint that he was definitely doing an Avengers poster? Still waiting for his Jurassic Park poster though, Mondo when that be going up for sale?
Dont think Tyler has hinted anything towards an Avengers print that I know of.
Stout mentioned in an interview that he was working on a print with aliens and the duality of man... Sounds like Avengers to me.

Prometheus......

:drool:
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
User avatar
monsterzerozero
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:40 am

statik wrote:When it comes to Cartoon Network I am super picky because I'm one of those people who was born in 81' and stuck in the mindset of "we had it best" when it comes to cartoons. I will never deny that.
I was shanghaied once at a BBQ by some guys who run a nerd podcast. They grilled me about animation for a bit before they finally got to the big question; which 80s television show did I think had the best animation. They probably had a bet going. I said "None of them". Poor guys. I think I broke their hearts a little.
tomdon wrote:Hello that is the triangle of power in Looney Tunes.
User avatar
ericgarza1201
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:27 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:53 am

iambillyg wrote: That being said, Mo, Justin and (I'm blanking on your name, I'm so sorry. Sebastian? Somehow that seems right.) you were all great. Very welcoming and very open to answering a few questions and having open discussion with us. That's awesome and it made it feel like the effort was worth it.
My name is Eric, but Sebastian was close.
Locked