Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Awesome
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:38 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
theperfecttree wrote:For those interested here's what was left when I went through the flat-file. I got there around ~11:30 and by the time I got to the front there were ~20-25 people in line behind me. Feel fortunate and lucky to have scored a regular Dracula :) . I'm sure I'm missing a lot, this is just want I can remember;

Ansin - Dracula (3)
Ughh - I'd been waiting to get a replacement on a damaged Dracula forever. They finally shipped me a replacement only for it to arrive with even worse damage - a giant crease through the center of the image. With no more mint replacements left, I've been patiently waiting to see if they could at least swap it for one with flaws that would frame out. I'm happy you guys scored, but bummed that it looks like they sold off my last hope at a decent replacement.

:hanging:
Okay that really stinks, sorry that has been happening.
kryptonite
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Billy, you're a jerk for not getting me that Robocop I asked for. I never want to talk to you again you jerk!
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:45 pm

emac is pretty much the fudge, and scored a War of the Worlds for me! :notworthy:

Officially my frist Mondo, cherry has been broken. I may be a Mondo slut from now on...
Image Image Image
Snowboarder37918
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:50 pm

summoner wrote:emac is pretty much the fudge, and scored a War of the Worlds for me! :notworthy:

Officially my frist Mondo, cherry has been broken. I may be a Mondo slut from now on...
Hahaha. Welcome to the dark side. Lol
emac
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:54 pm

summoner wrote:emac is pretty much the fudge, and scored a War of the Worlds for me! :notworthy:

Glad I could help get you addicted. ;) It's a great print, hope you love it. :)
summoner
Art Freak

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:56 pm

emac wrote:

Glad I could help get you addicted. ;) It's a great print, hope you love it. :)
It will be used to terrify a 9 year old girl, so it will be VERY welcome once it gets here! :twisted:

Oh, and just love this print for some reason... Not usually a movie poster guy.
Image Image Image
blog
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:00 pm

War of the worlds is a pretty wild print. It got lost in the shuffle with all the other crazy gallery stuff.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:01 pm

Welcome to the dark side, Summoner.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
rmoore
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Pretty happy with my regular Ansin Drac I picked up today. Not too shabby for getting there at 11:30. And I can't find a damn thing wrong with it save for a tiny little crease on the side. Can't believe some of the things people send back to Mondo.

Congrats to you dudes on the super dedication staying overnight. You deserve those scores! It was good seeing all of you, too.
mattrorabeck
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Love reading through this thread to see some of the dedication and scores some of you have had!

I'm fairly new to the game but I appreciate the guys who are cool to us new guys on the forum and don't treat us like crap. I've had some bad experiences sometimes but it seems like everyone is pretty helpful here.

Was introduced to mondo awhile back but could never manage to score a poster until last year's San Diego comic-con with the free Stout Captain America litho they gave out at the screening.

Finally scored my first (real) Mondos a couple weeks back with the Jock "Last House on The Left" & Tong "Hugo". Also have picked up a "Bridesmaids" for my sister, the Richard "John Carter" and got the money together to get my first ISO which was the Richard Jurassic Park.

Today I checked out Cabin in The Woods and immediately had to go grab the Mondo poster for it. Managed to find a guy in Canada (where I am from) and grabbed it. Anyway, just thought I'd send a post out to say cheers and good luck hunting. I gotta build up some cred so people on here don't mind selling and trading to me. Have a good one!
- MPR -
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Happily picked up Comin At Ya. Considered Drac, but decided to not spend the $20 extra bucks and continue my IJ collection. :pint:
ofay
Art Enthusiast

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Damn billy I shoulda come to Austin and camped out with ya. I want a toroto varriant
emac
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:37 pm

toobs wrote:Let's see how many of these "ISOs" stay in your collection for more then 3 months without goin up for sale or trade?
My acquisition is already in my FT. ;) But I didn't grab anything highly valuable, and I would just as much love to hold on to it as any other outcome.
DrScott44
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:35 pm

emac wrote:
toobs wrote:Let's see how many of these "ISOs" stay in your collection for more then 3 months without goin up for sale or trade?
My acquisition is already in my FT. ;) But I didn't grab anything highly valuable, and I would just as much love to hold on to it as any other outcome.
Didn't realize you were there today! Or that you were local!

What'd ya end up with?
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
Jon1701
Art Expert

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:41 pm

congrats to those who scored. I went drinking at a brewery instead and feel just as happy as those who got their ISOs... :pint:
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”